Counting trading cycles

To add comments, please log in or register
Xavier19
Xavier19  

Hello good afternoon,

I need help in the programming of an Expert Advisor (EA) for MetaTrader4.

In principle this EA I did with a builder (EABuilder), and from there I have been adding / modifying things (calculation of lot size, closing all open positions, start at a specific time or immediately, etc.).

In this EA, a position is opened, and depending on how the price goes, it will open another position(s).

Finally, when a TakeProfit or a StopLoss is reached, all positions will be closed. To all this, I call it a "Cycle" (first open positions and then close all).

The EA will open a new position, immediately after or at a scheduled time. Then we will have a new "Cycle" that finally will also close. And we will be counting the "Cycles".

I'm stuck with the "Cycles" counter.

I have set a global variable: int Cycles = 0;

When I put the "Cycles" counter (Cycles = Cycles + 1, or Cycles ++) in the short positions closing function, for example:

// Close Short Positions

RefreshRates ();

if (Ask> = FirstOpenTradePrice () + StopLoss * myPoint

)

{   

if (IsTradeAllowed ())

{

myOrderClose (OP_SELL, 100, "");

myOrderClose (OP_BUY, 100, "");

Cycles = Cycles + 1; Print ("Cycles =   ", Cycles);      // Here is the "Cycles" counter

}

else // not autotrading => only send alert

myAlert ("order", "");

}

Then when I do the Backtesting with the MetaTrader 4 Strategy Tester, in the tab "Registration" below there are many lines with a very high total number of Cycles (tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions, depending on the Backtesting period used).

I would appreciate any idea or suggestion to be able to count the "Cycles" one by one, and not by thousands or millions.

Thank you very much
Juvenille Emperor Limited
Eleni Anna Branou  

Please use the </> button to insert your above code.

Xavier19
Xavier19  
Eleni Anna Branou :

Please use the </> button to insert your above code.

Next time that I will put a code in the forum, I Will use the button </>. I already have seen it, but finally I didn't use it.

Thanks for trying to help, but doing tests I have already solved it.

I have set the "Cycles" counter (Cycles = Cycles + 1) in the part where the first order opens, at the end of an "if" conditional. And the cycles are already counted correctly.

Regards

To add comments, please log in or register