MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 341

Hay Everybody, I am using MT4.my question is: how can i compare two symbols on the same chart window, for example , I want to compare XAU/USD monthly chart with the the Dow30 monthly chart as well
Hello everyone, There are countless functions in MSDN that are amazing and can help developers create creative and beautiful programs but the problem is there are no documentations on how to actually use those C++ functions in MQL4. I'd like your help in discovering how to implement them into MQL4/5...
  Startup tabs  (6)
Hello, i have a problem at mt4, when i open the program it open on code base tab, not on Trade tab, how to make trade tab is the default when opening mt4
Hello Guys. am new and i need your help. i wrote an EA using Candlestick open and close to take a Buy or Sell trade. And it was working fine. then i tried working with "error functions" and everything went wrong my Comment, cant display on terminal screen, the E takes trade on random not following
Apologies if this has been covered before. I am looking to ascertain the values of an indicator. I get that the value changes with each tick, but I need to see the value changes over the whole bar. Any help would be appreciated, especially pointing me in the direction of threads where this may have
Hi, I've been told that MT4 can only support 16 order threads. Is it true ? How can I verify this limtation, technically ? Thanks
Hello all, I want to send emails - if position close I want to send what is the profit and if the position open I want to send what is the takeprofit and stoploss What I need to write on the if statment? Thanks
Hello, I have problem when I want to delete all objects from chart with names begining at "AT_". Only several of them are deleted, always the same are leving on the chart. I cheked names, all are correct and all objects are finded but not deleted. Any idea? void DeleteAllObjects() { int
Hello everyone, I am looking for a way to send trades from mt4 to binary.com. Website offers API. But i cant understand how to send properly WebRequest. Or even how to communicate with this API. Or I must use some WinApi? Can you please, explain or at least give an example of communication with that...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone here, I am new to the Forex field. I would like to know how I can do a backtest report like a screenshot attached ?? When I do the backtest on MT4 platform I don't get like a screenshot attached but I get a different look. Please clarify regarding this. Thank you in advance
Hi, I wanted to code a script which changes the chart-mode (line, bars, candles) of all open charts. When dragging the script into a chart I want to choose the chart-mode with a pulldown-menu. But I don't know how to use the ENUM_CHART_MODE correctly. Can somebody please help me? #property
[Deleted]
I'm trying to create an EA based on change in direction of a moving average. ActuallyI have written the code, but it doesn't trade when I backtest it. It should createa BUY when the MA changes direction from negative to positive and a SELL when itchanges from positive to negative. It should also...
Hi everybody, I am on Mac and I was looking to install a few EA's into my trading account. I found that when I go to login to MQL5 through the tools and community tab on MT4 it does nothing, I click ok and it just closes me out. I'm not sure if the problem is occurring because I am on Mac or not
Good day, is there any library or anyone knows how we can make Sub-Charts with regards by using mql4. I notice in mql5 there is an include file that we can utilise to make them, however not available in mql4. How do we make Sub-Charts on mt4
  Volume skippage?  (8)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| VolumeQuestion.mq4 |//| Copyright 2019, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//| https://www.mql5.com
I have this good indicator that is based on MACD, moving average and Ichimoku. The problem is it only sends "Sell" signals and doesnt send "buy" signals. What can be the problem. Please have a look at the attached
Hi, We are not aware of what kind of objects can be drawn by user on the chart manually. Let's assume sometimes we need to copy some of them. Because they are in different types so we have to say if it was a vertical line get the time1 , thickness, color etc. If it was a rectangle get price 1 and 2
Hi everyone, I am having a hard time to have my lines stay in the charts. I have opened a profile for each forex pair I am working with. On each profile I have a few different time frames open for the FX pair. Whenever I put MAs etc on the charts, it stays. But when I put on horisontallines , move
2 indicators I encountered that repaint: Fisher and Weiswave3c and I attach them here for your help Weiswave3c repaint was only found when backtesting on MT4 platform as per the different images below: first: then a few bars later
The "go to definition" is not working. i've tried highlighting the word, then right-clicking. I've also tried only right-clicking with the cursor on the word. No luck. but F1 key seems to work after downloading the helpfile and restarting mE twice.
The AccountInfoInteger( ACCOUNT_LOGIN ) function will get the new login account number before the EA be called by OnDeinit() event when the user switch to another account with the same broker. (Not sure if it will be so when switching to other brokers' accounts) It supposed to be the logout account
  live cursor  (1)
many charting programs have a " live cursor" where if you're using the Crosshairs on a bar, it automatically shows you the values of indicators being used below ie Stoch is @ 33 & Macd is -150 etc you can then have definite numbers on a Macd for say a Divergence as opposed to a guess is there a
  Unicode not fully supported?  (21   1 2 3)
The new MQL4 introduced a function named ShortToString which is supposed to convert a Unicode character code to the equivalent character, but when I use it all I see for the most part is a question mark instead of the character. If I use a label set to use the Arial font, I should get the character...
Hello.. am creating an EA based on a custom indicator... the problem is filtering the buy and sell signal after creating the EA to open buy on buffer ''0'' and sell on buffer '1' but the EA will open only sell orders on a buy/sell signal (all signals) after trying some modifications for 2 days, and
Hi Guys, I am trying to extract MA values (with iMAOnArray) when I attach a 13 SMA to the OBV indicator by drag and drop using the First Indicator option: My code is below and the param2 values are all zero. I have read many of the other posts about iMAOnArray and I think I have used it correctly
So when my algo satisfies certain criteria which it processes in OnTick(), it then needs to wait a few bars for a specified price to be hit. I have a few questions about how this is possible. 1. How do I tell it to look for that price but give up if it doesn't happen in the next 3 bars? I feel like
Hello.. am creating an EA based on a custom indicator... the problem is filtering the buy and sell signal after creating the EA to open buy on buffer ''0'' and sell on buffer '1' but the EA will open only sell orders on a buy/sell signal (all signals) after trying some modifications for 2 days, and
My algo looks at candlestick data from 5 bars ago and compares it with the moving average using the iMA functionand Open[4]. I've just realised that comparing that data is wrong because iMA will always be using data from the current tick (not from 5 bars ago). I figure I either need to somehow call
how do I write an ea that enters a trade when previous high or low has been taken out by new ones when i actiavte it with a button, please any ida, i am new to mql4 programming
Hello, I am very new to MQL4. Been doing a lot of digging and couldn't find, thus the post. First of all, to be clear, I'm trying to implement BB to RSI. If I were to implement it to the chart, I'll drag BB to RSI Window, and then, on BB Setup Window, under 'Apply to', I'll select 'First Indicator's