MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 346

Can anyone please shed some light on this error code 137 "Broker is busy". What causes the error and who is to blame, the broker or the code? How can the problem be fixed.I have an EA and yesterday the EA started OK with a BUY order, but did not close when it should have and although the EA kept...
Hi guys, does anybody know how to use the step by step back testing function? Ive seen people deleting candles up to a certain point and then going forward candle by candle. How does it work?
Good morning everyone, I need help from you! I just bought a new computer with i-core 9 series x with 128 GB of ram and I started using the back test to optimize '' asmani 22.1 '' with the EUR-JPY pair. I expected the new computer to take much less time to backtest, but it has been...
Hello everyone! I am wanting to make a script that reads all the objects of the rectangle type in the chart, after which check which ones have a certain word in the name, the ones that have them, store their OBJPROP_PRICE1 in an array. Does anyone help me do? I found this code in the forum, but is
Hi everyone, apologize for propably bad english. Can anyone give me advise, where should I read about the interaction between chart and mouse. Heres exactly what I need,for example: some kind of button on the chart. So when I click it, it's becomes possible to put 4 "dots" with mouse click, and...
Hello everybody, I would like to know if i can trust of 90% quality model in an expert advisor backtest? How can i download a good history data?  Thank you. 
Hi, Please help.  I wrote this : DayOfWeek()!=0 && hour()>3 This code cause no trades on Monday whole day and no trades 00:00-04:00 every day. Please help, thanks.
Hello here i attached a script to change all charts tf i need to add thing like if the chart has MACD indicator on it then the script should not be changing that particular chart tf or The script should change all H4 charts to D1 charts if there is any M15 chart window then script should not change
Please refer the information at the link, it was a understanding problem cause the wrong ichimoku indicator. The original offset from the Ichimoku sanji book the chinkou span and the senkou span A and B should be -25 and +25, not 26. Because the current candle count as 1 not 0. i know the dekstop...
I am writing an EA and need to be able to check the maximum lot size for a broker's account type in code, so I can place an alert or something if the size is ecxeeded. How can this be done
[Deleted]
Hi, I was installed MT4, but there are few symbols, how add or install new symbols, ( i want add GOLD, SILVER, COPPER, CRUDE OIL, NATURAL GAS, ZINC, LEAD, NICKEL and all commodities ) please someone help me ............
In OnTick documentation, it says a new tick is ignored if OnTick is still running.  Is OnTimer ignored too? And vice versa, what happens to OnTick if OnTimer is already running?
I am trying to work out the best way to say: if a certain ticket is opened, then open a new pending order. I am having trouble with order selects and finding tickets in previous functions so help would be much appreciated.  I want to say : if ticket3 is open, OrderSend ticket4. Many thanks! bool...
I know how to set the colour of a rectangle object programmatically, as below. I want to set a default colour that every manually created rectangle is set to in such a way that I can change the colour after creating it. For example, every rectangle manually created is yellow but I can change it to...
  Price Spikes  (3)
When price spikes within a single M1 bar and crosses the level of a stop loss, is it possible for a stop loss to work? I have an EA with a stop and reverse that fails until the end of an M1 bar resulting in a great loss far beyond the stop.
  New MetaTrader 4 build 1170  (79   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
New MetaTrader 4 build 1170 The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on December 20, 2018. The update fixes errors and improves the platform stability. We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum
So say I get to the point I make money from trading. How does the tax system work? Do you pay taxes to the country where the broker is from or to the country where you reside and trade from ?Or to both ? Is it okay to have a broker from Australia and trade from UK or Romania, or any other country ?
Hey Friends, So I got couple of margin calls a couple of days ago (account back to normal now) and all my EAs that I have downloaded from Community have stopped working: -when I drag and drop EA on the graph - nothing happens -MACD and other preloaded advisors are working OK though -I checked if i'm
I'm struggling to figure this problem out that i have.  I'm trying to make it so that the TF's M1 to M15 are locked at a set colour. But then when you switch to H1, H4 and Daily it changes to a different background colour. Weekly and Monthly would also be locked to a set colour. 
Tick Intensity might be useful for some who trade reversals especially EMA10 and EMA20 crossovers <ex4 file deleted >
I have written code the place a send order but I want to be able to calculate the lot size based on a few things. Given the entry price and stop loss, how can I calculate my lot size so that 2.5% of my current account balance would be risked on trades?  I know how to calculate the number of pips...
Hello everyone! Is there anyway to do forward testing in mt4 as in mt5? Or someway to make a forward testing "faster" and not going result per result? Thank you in advance!
extern int period=13; extern int ma_method=MODE_SMA; extern int applied_price=PRICE_CLOSE; extern int shift=0; extern double lot_size=0.1; extern int slippage=30; extern double SL=0; extern double TP=1000; //take profit at 1000 pips double DeMarkerIndex=iDeMarker(NULL,0...
  Renko Time  (13   1 2)
Hi all, I would like to create an histogram indicator to track the time for every Renko brick. I wrote this but I seem it doesn't work well, could you help me? Thank you! int start()  {   int limit;   int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();   //---- last counted bar will be recounted...
Hi. i want to create an android signal providing app, where a user can click on a signal and automatically open mt4 or mt5 android order open window with the clicked signal parameters.
Hello All, Let me know how to show pip ranges of fibonacci levels automatically in metatrader4. Thank You
  Ordering a robot  (2)
Hey. I would like a programmer to make an EA for me according to my indicators. I don't know what to expect from the program. Can the EA for example run the indicators without having them on the chart. Can it make it to work at all times frames. I have the Idea just to let the program on a pair then...
why there is different ea result in strategy tester when switching to another account (eg. real to demo)..? is there any issue in mt4 code or charts.?
Excuse me guys, I need to include this indicator (Patter Recognition) into my EA (Adeline_Complete) so that it can buy with the bullish patterns and sell with the bearish patterns. can anybody help me please ? thanks in advance!
As the title, says, I'm looking for a free or cheap margin indicator/EA with email alerts for MT4 (bit stranded at the moment) I've looked far and deep here and there and have found some EAs/indicators, but so far I haven't found any that fill the whole description...