MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 342

live cursor  (1)
many charting programs have a " live cursor" where if you're using the Crosshairs on a bar, it automatically shows you the values of indicators being used below ie Stoch is @ 33 & Macd is -150 etc you can then have definite numbers on a Macd for say a Divergence as opposed to a guess is there a
  Unicode not fully supported?  (21   1 2 3)
The new MQL4 introduced a function named ShortToString which is supposed to convert a Unicode character code to the equivalent character, but when I use it all I see for the most part is a question mark instead of the character. If I use a label set to use the Arial font, I should get the character...
Hello.. am creating an EA based on a custom indicator... the problem is filtering the buy and sell signal after creating the EA to open buy on buffer ''0'' and sell on buffer '1' but the EA will open only sell orders on a buy/sell signal (all signals) after trying some modifications for 2 days, and
Hi Guys, I am trying to extract MA values (with iMAOnArray) when I attach a 13 SMA to the OBV indicator by drag and drop using the First Indicator option: My code is below and the param2 values are all zero. I have read many of the other posts about iMAOnArray and I think I have used it correctly
So when my algo satisfies certain criteria which it processes in OnTick(), it then needs to wait a few bars for a specified price to be hit. I have a few questions about how this is possible. 1. How do I tell it to look for that price but give up if it doesn't happen in the next 3 bars? I feel like
Hello.. am creating an EA based on a custom indicator... the problem is filtering the buy and sell signal after creating the EA to open buy on buffer ''0'' and sell on buffer '1' but the EA will open only sell orders on a buy/sell signal (all signals) after trying some modifications for 2 days, and
My algo looks at candlestick data from 5 bars ago and compares it with the moving average using the iMA functionand Open[4]. I've just realised that comparing that data is wrong because iMA will always be using data from the current tick (not from 5 bars ago). I figure I either need to somehow call
how do I write an ea that enters a trade when previous high or low has been taken out by new ones when i actiavte it with a button, please any ida, i am new to mql4 programming
Hello, I am very new to MQL4. Been doing a lot of digging and couldn't find, thus the post. First of all, to be clear, I'm trying to implement BB to RSI. If I were to implement it to the chart, I'll drag BB to RSI Window, and then, on BB Setup Window, under 'Apply to', I'll select 'First Indicator's
does anyone know of a trendline alerter that works on the currrent MT4 build I refer to a sloping trendline alerter, not the one already in MT4 I found a few older ones including Alerter4U but none work thanks
I, newbie, have a questions regarding my open orders (in automatic mode). In a downtrend sell orders are placed (i.e sell 0.03). I have some open positions that I do not understand. For example: my order type of trade sell, price 106.164, S/L 108.694, T/P 107.129 My question is: why is T/P (107.129)
Hello, I want to make my Custom Chart Template For Metatrader 4, but don't start to where.help me!
Hey guys, I trust you are well, I would really appreciate if someone can help me. I have tried using both ChartScreenShot & WindowScreenShot to take a screenshot of my chart, however, the screenshot does not have any of my indicators on them, this is when back testing my strategy. Interestingly
I noticed that with every manual change of time-frame EA is restarting. Sometimes it makes some difficulties for me. In the project I'm currently working on, every time user runs the EA some conditions have to be in checked OnInit() and if necessary, a message box will appear to give him a warning
  ASCTrend system  (494   1 2 3 4 5 ... 49 50)
I start this thread for the following reason: - to develop ASCTrend EAs according to the manual trading systems described here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173249 and - to delevelop new asctrend system for M5 timeframe . Please find updated templates (3 templates) and all the indicators for this
From the diaries of the worlds worst programmer. So I have implemented the following code in my bot, the idea is to take a screenshot OnTimer and on a button click...
As I understand it, the launch of the backtests with a genetic algorithm is cached. Does a result of a 'launch A' may appear in a result of a 'launch B'? Being 'A' and 'B' 2 launches with a genetic algorithm with identical characteristics: symbol, timeframe, date section, spread, parameters, etc
I created an offline chart and try to use ChartOpen to open it. I have read that it should work. I even used an indicator given with an article written years ago, and ChartOpen is used to open the offline chart, but the code in the given IndUSDx.mq4 names the chart the same name as symbol offline
I'm trying to put ma on rsi in expert advisor but it says Array out of range double limit=Bars-1; double ma[]; double ima[]; ArrayResize(ima,Bars); ArrayResize(ma,Bars); for(int i=0;i<limit;i++){ ma[i]=iRSI(Symbol(),0,14,0,i); ima[i]=iMAOnArray(ma,0,10,0,0,i); }
[Deleted]
Hi, I get an error regarding an unbalanced parenthesis. I've even numbered them, and they seem to match. Perhaps I am missign something. Help would be appreciated. Thanks //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                         AutoTrader for...
Hi, I have two different accounts, each with different broker setup in different terminals. Traded on account A are not copied or related to account B. I need a script that will sync a close positions between them. E.g. if on account A all positions were closed than script will close all positions
Hi all.   Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.   Using Mt4.  I had 1 EA which was placing trades fine.  I then made another working on a separate chart, which also placed trades for me.  I now have 4 EA's all placed on completely different charts. None of the new EA's are placing any trades...
hi guys, got weird issue i keep getting error 130 invalid stop error... so i got frustrated then removed it and still get same error 2019.09.22 19:51:20.125 2019.09.02 04:06:03 USDJPY,M15: Error number 130 = invalid stops 2019.09.22 19:51:20.125 2019.09.02 04:06:03 USDJPY,M15: OrderSend error 130
Can someone offer advise? I added a new indicator to my MT4 and it broke it? When I open the platform, it takes almost 45 seconds to open. Once it is opened up it freezes up. If I scroll my mouse over the chart it turns grey. I receive an error message saying "not responding". I have deleted all of
Dear Gurus in the house, Please I need enlightenment on this: I used 30p for my stoploss and 30p for takeprofit also but after the ea opens the order, I noticed that the stoploss points was higher than takeprofit point sometimes by almost 10p. What do you think might be responsible for this as when...
I want to edit an indicator. Is there anyone who can help me
i write c++ language though not too fluent to some extent. I have been trading for a while and I have some strategy I use in trading that I need to automate on mql4, because it is cumbersome and time-consuming. Please, I need advise on how to do this or how start
How to read all of the current positions in my trading account, using MQL4 , not MQL5 ? Thanks very much
Hello. I am trying to change the text property of an object in a another chart but I don't know why it does not work. The following script is unable to set a new string: if ( ObjectSetString(131552086461923216, "testLabel", OBJPROP_TEXT, "message") )        Print("message updated with...
I am trying to create a buffer in the FFC indicator that pulls the symbol for the upcoming news events. line 196-201//--- Buffersdouble MinuteBuffer[];double ImpactBuffer[];double PreviousBuffer[];double ForecastBuffer[];string CountryBuffer[];line 218-225//--- indicator buffers mapping