Error 130 bites again........Help! - page 2

ECN Broker – FinFX is an ECN broker and normally use 0’s for SL/TP but now I’m attempting a Buy Stop where you must post a SL/TP

Open first, THEN set stops.

When I tried using a pending order, it seems like mt4 was looking at current price not pending price when deciding if they were good.

I gave up. No point in using pending orders anyway. A Human can not sit and watch the market continuously, so pending orders make sense. An EA can, just wait for the price to reach your opening point and open.

WHRoeder:

When I tried using a pending order, it seems like mt4 was looking at current price not pending price when deciding if they were good.

I gave up. No point in using pending orders anyway. A Human can not sit and watch the market continuously, so pending orders make sense. An EA can, just wait for the price to reach your opening point and open.

I did the same test setting SL and TP to 0 but it gives the same error 138.

RBG:

I did the same test setting SL and TP to 0 but it gives the same error 138.
requote price has changed what is your slippage ??

WHRoeder:

If opening with SL/TP set to 0 wouldn't open slippage kick in and invalidate trade?

RaptorUK:

There is a reason . . . just just have to find it.

When you get an error 130 print everything, Bid, Ask, Freezelevel, Stoplevel, OrderType, Price you are trying to enter at, SL & TP. Did you read my thread about error 130 ? it took me a year, I found the issue . . .

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/134846

What was Bid, Ask, OrderType ? Print EVERYTHING ! !

RaptorUK:
What was Bid, Ask, OrderType ? Print EVERYTHING ! !

ANSWER to problem:

If you are going to use pending orders you must set your OPENING SLIPPAGE high enough so that it will cover the price set in the pending order. Certainly not mentioned in the excellent MT4 documentation.

You guys should have know this! :-)

RBG:

ANSWER to problem:

If you are going to use pending orders you must set your OPENING SLIPPAGE high enough so that it will cover the price set in the pending order. Certainly not mentioned in the excellent MT4 documentation.

Sorry, this does not make much sense to me. Why do you need slippage for a Pending Order unless the Pending Order is very near current price ?

RBG:

ANSWER to problem:

did you read my post.... I posted here before....

deVries:
requote price has changed what is your slippage ??
Reason: