MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 339

Hi all, I'm using the attached indicator in this way iCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,"D",1,0) // for the upper bandiCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,"D",0,0) // for the middle bandiCustom(Symbol(),PERIOD_H4,"D",2,0) // for the lower band The values I obtain are correct (with default parameters value), but I'm
I have a file called test.mq4. I need to get its content as a string in my other mq4 program. The test.mq4 is an UTF-16 file. If I convert it to UTF-8 (by an external text editor), I can get its content like this: uchar filedata[]; int handle=FileOpen("test.mq4",FILE_READ|FILE_BIN);
Good afternoon How do I upload a file (pic.jpg) from a MT4 folder to a remote server? I'd like to know also if there are some libraries to import and which functions can I use? Thank you
Hello, The new build of MT4 has come with its bugs! Open any MT4 and log in. Hit Ctrl+T and then the Signals tab down. You scroll on the Signals but may not see what you are looking for. In this case you are supposed to search from the top-right corner. The search results appear on a search tab
  Regex problem in MT4  (15   1 2)
Hi, I have a text: Blue cars are everywhere. I'm using this library: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/16566 Also, here is a regex description: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2432 The issue: If I'm using this regex pattern : "Blue ", then I get the word "Blue". But, if I'm using this regex pattern: " ^
Hello, I'm working on modifications to an EA that uses a grid and reactivates lines when the market moves a set distance away. For testing purposes i'm using a grid size of 10 pips and the same activation distance. In order to prevent constant orders on the same lines i want to limit it to 1 buy and
Please anybody could inform me how it is possible for a variable not to be initialize every time the timeframe changes... I want to create an MTF indicator and some prices of variables should stay the same when timeframe changes and not initialize them again
Helllo All, I am working on an indicator (and also VERY new to MT4 programming). The concept of the indicator is to find break out opportunities, after which a signal is sent out via a buffer to be fed to a possible EA. Now the problem I have is that when a new signal is identified (using certain
  vps signals  (4)
if i put my EA in vps to sell its signals and its closing signals depends on a ticket number will that type of closing works in a corret way ?? example if my EA choose to close the 3rd opened sell order from 10 can the vps do that for others who bought my signals ? if there is an article talking
My EA got error code 2 after calling OrderSend function. Mql doc only says this is "common error" without giving any further explanation.Can anybody help me understand better
Hi Guys, I am using iCustom to get values from QQE-Histogram indicator. But returned values of the iCustom() are different from the values printed on the chart by indicator. I have encounter same before with different indicator and give up. Below is the sample of my iCustom() and the code of the
int Pos_Order_Ticket[1]; int TotalOrders = OrdersTotal(); if(ArrayResize(Pos_Order_Ticket, TotalOrders) == TotalOrders) { for(i = TotalOrders - 1; i >= 0; i--) { if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)) { Pos_Order_Ticket[i] = OrderTicket();
Can anyone tell me how to fix the alignment of the text on my MT4? I've tried zooming in and out... uninstalling/reinstalling.. still the same
How do I Change the Account currency from EUR to USD
Hi, I am learning coding MQL4 and I have been having some problem creating a class with Arrays so that the output can be used in an indicator code. I have done some work but I don't seem to get it to work and am getting array out of range error. Please I am learning I need some guidance on how to
Hello, can you tell me why this coding works: extern double high1=1.256; double low1=1.255; double high2=low1; double low2=1.254; double high3=low2; double low3=1.253; double high4=low3; double low4=1.252; double high5=low4; double
[Deleted]
Hi all, in an effort to debug my EA, I would like for it to programatically take a screenshot of the current state of the chart whenever a trade is placed. I did some searching and found pretty much what I needed at https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1534. I just have one remaining little issue - my...
I'm using the latest MT4 1220, and a normal "default" template for new chart. I don't know for how long this bug has existed, but I noticed the same symptom reported years ago... Steps to easily reproduce this bug: Start MT4. Clear away all charts. Open 4 new ones. Minimize the 1st two charts
[Deleted]
Hello, I was searching the forum but didn't find any topic about this, sorry if I'm just blind :-) Here's my problem: I have a client who trades huge accounts and I found that for very high lotsizes, the EA won't open any trades, rather it returns error 3 (invalid trade parameters). I have also...
Hello friends I hace an Object (Orange diamond) it is under the other Objects, When I change the time frame, now it is under some bjects and falling over some other objects. how can I fix it to be allways under other objects? I checked ZORDER parametr but it seems not working. Thank you
count(); if(condition01==1) { tick=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lot,Ask,5,0,0,"condition1",magic,0,clrGreen); time1=Time[0]; } Good morning, I'm writing an Expert Advisor, but I need to send the order at the closure of the candle and not immediately when the condition
If ATR rise and ADX rise it is trending but in ranking how can know range by code and how can prevent trade in this range market
[Deleted]
Hello, I would like to have something (I don't know if it should be called na EA or a script) that automatically opens a position if the timeframe candle (that the ea is running on) closes beyound a certain level that we define. Note that it is not when price reaches that level (for that we have...
hi guys how you doing well i have an indicator that i want to convert to EA its a zigzag with arrow can anyone do this for me
Hello, everyone, I have two questions: 1) I would like to create a Textbox where you can write us some information about the candles you tell me if it is feasible to create one appears on the graph and then move it with the mouse as if it were a window. 2) As for the indicator I would like to
Hello, Please how do i combine two oscillators in one combining OBV with a custom indicator Thanks
How can Object create for trend line and How can get value of Trend to set up break out entrt
Hi, I wonder when MT4 saves data as CSV export - does it same bd or ask data or the average of both? Dave
Although EA has good result in backtesting ,always end with close at stop and loose some profit get before. Although EA has trailing and lot management function,that still happen. I want to know how can fix this problem
As says the title, whenever I move MT4 folders from C:\Program Files (x86) to another C:\Program Files (x86), I have to relog each time, which is very annoying... my C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\ is empty, if anything