SideBySide error in server events logs (Activation context generation failed)

I was looking at the Server Manager's Event Logs and noticed that two of the terminals throw the following log error from the SideBySide source

Activation context generation failed for "C:\path\to\terminal.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.19394_none_62486577ecb635cf.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.19394_none_a9f59c4f01325ed5.manifest.

Some additional details about the launch sequence.

1. This only occurs with terminals running b1220.  The terminals using b1170 are  not throwing this events log error.
  2. Terminals are all launched in an administrator account.
  3. Terminals are all launched in portable mode (/portable parameter in program launch).
  4. These errors seem to only occur on windows startup.  It happens about 3-5 times (7-10 seconds in between), and then stops.  So I assume that this error only occurs when the program starts.
  5. After windows OS startup, there is 15 second initial delay before the first terminal is launched.  Then 8 second delay between each subsequent terminal launch.  To prevent overload from several programs trying to launch themselves at the same time. 

So what does this error mean?  And what is the fix?   

Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter x64, IE 11, 4 x Intel Xeon  E5-2699A v4 @ 2.40GHz, Memory: 3089 / 4095 Mb, Disk: 39 / 64 Gb, GMT+7

Anyone from MQ @MetaQuotes Support @MetaQuotes Software Corp. going to even acknowledge this? or @Alain Verleyen

Or am I just imagining this?

AwarenessForex:

Anyone from MQ @MetaQuotes Support@MetaQuotes Software Corp. going to even acknowledge this? or  @Alain Verleyen

I don't know, but I asked Metaquotes for an answer about it.

AwarenessForex:

Anyone from MQ @MetaQuotes Support@MetaQuotes Software Corp. going to even acknowledge this? or  @Alain Verleyen

Hi there!

I had exactly the same problem, Can some one help on this issue?

AwarenessForex:

I was looking at the Server Manager's Event Logs and noticed that two of the terminals throw the following log error from the SideBySide source

Activation context generation failed for "C:\path\to\terminal.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.19394_none_62486577ecb635cf.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.9600.19394_none_a9f59c4f01325ed5.manifest.

1. This only occurs with terminals running b1220.  The terminals using b1170 are  not throwing this events log error.
  3. Terminals are all launched in portable mode (/portable parameter in program launch).
  4. These errors seem to only occur on windows startup.  It happens about 3-5 times (7-10 seconds in between), and then stops.  So I assume that this error only occurs when the program starts.
  5. After windows OS startup, there is 15 second initial delay before the first terminal is launched.  Then 8 second delay between each subsequent terminal launch.  To prevent overload from several programs trying to launch themselves at the same time. 

Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter x64, IE 11, 4 x Intel Xeon  E5-2699A v4 @ 2.40GHz, Memory: 3089 / 4095 Mb, Disk: 39 / 64 Gb, GMT+7

1. This only occurs with terminals running b1220.  The terminals using b1170 are   not throwing this events log error.

You mentioned this issue comes with build 1220 !
Is there any way to down grade to build 1170 ? How?

Alain Verleyen:
I don't know, but I asked Metaquotes for an answer about it.

Thank you.   Any update from MQ???   

MehranFX:

You mentioned this issue comes with build 1220 !
Is there any way to down grade to build 1170 ? How?

If you have previous terminal.exe / metaeditor.exe from b1170 you may be able to.

AwarenessForex:

Thank you.   Any update from MQ???   

Nope.

But beside the messages that appear in the Windows log, is there any real consequence ?

I just discovered this funny (non?) issue as well.

Seem to be when the (Windows) server is virtualized and trying to accompany for both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (amd64)  architectures.

So IDK how the server maintainer guys are doing this, but I suspect they just install everything for both archs... leading to these duplicate errors. 

Seem they can be safely ignored...

AwarenessForex:

I have this problem too.

i have same problem
Reason: