MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 313

Hello Dear programmers! Please give your advice: We make an Expert Advisor in the form of an indicator! Its task - to search for a PATTERN on the chart, and over the bars to write text (multi-line (!), such as line #1 "signal name" line #2 "% probability" line #3 "icon" (arrow) The problem is that
Hi all, I'm calculating breakeven level in my ea that would take into account swaps and commissions - and I noticed that it doesn't seem to be consistent on a pair where my account currency is Term, i.e for the USD account USDJPY, USDCHF and USDCAD breakeven levels are constantly "dancing" I
So I have spent an hour trying to figure this out. I've watched videos, read articles and can't figure out a free way to do this. So I have an indicator <Deleted> but I can't seem to figure out how to backtest it. I tried strategy tester and it runs but no data which I assume is because it needs to
I'm trying out a new bot idea and I cant get it to purchase or sell during back testing. basically this bot looks at the last 6 bars including the newest one and decides if it is a valley or a peek and puts in a buy or sell order depending on each scenario. any help would be appreciated. void
Hello All, I wrote a very simple EA following a tutorial in youtube. The code just checks for a cross over between 2 moving averages and places a buy or a sell order depending on the direction of the cross over. My problem is - the ordersend() function does not execute the buy or the sell orders
  How to find HK50  (2)
I have the demo account open on MT4 but HK50 does not show for me. How can I find it
Hi traders Does anyone know if a standard error bands indicator (settings 21,3,0, close) exists for mt4? or can i modify an existing indicator in some way..im not a programmer so any help appreciated Thanks forexturbo
Hi, I have just programmed my first EA, however I am looking to add a branded icon to the code source but unsure where to include it. I did see another post which was relevant to MT5, however there is no sub folder under MQL4 for images, any help would be greatly appreciated
Hello Everyone, in my code I found that OrderProfit() just returned zero if the profit was less than 1 (0.02 or -0.04 etc.) So is there a way to let it show the exact profit value of a trade just like it showing up in the Trade tab? Thanks in advance
Hi Coders, I'm running many optimizations. I just realized that there are differents in the resutls at the same EA with same backtest options. I found the couse of the different results: the backtest uses different tick values at the cross currency pairs. For example: My account currency is USD and...
Just accepted the latest MT4 update and now my EA's do not work as they did, example in Strategy Tester when a trade gets closed it opens other trade endlessly Can I roll my systems back to previous version . Thank you, Problem solved. Reason, Exporting and editing 2 projects at once = typo
Hello community, I need the help of somebody who could code this condition for me please. The ideas are If (Range of this bar is greater than the range of the previous candle) and (Low of this bar is higher than the Low of the previous bar) and (Open of this bar is below the close of this bar) then
I have a main indicator. In that main indicator, I want it to read an arrow that is on the same graph, which is from another indicator. How can I do this
hi i make a label to show ATR value in right Corner of chart and when i put the cruiser on it, it show the name of the object and price together how i can change it to just to show the object name thank you
Can someone help me? If a user inputs $10 extern double takeProfit=10.00; extern double lotSize=0.01; how can you convert this so you can add set the take profit to $10.00 above the ask. Thank you
Guys I tried coding a breakout EA and I have been having difficulty no errors but it's not working and it's giving me some OrderModify and OrderSelect warnings. Basically I want this EA to trade the breakout of every candle depending on the timeframe its attached to. And apply appropriate money
Hi, Generally topic is as title says. Especially my problem is this, that I want to delete limit order in right click menu on chart. Often my right-click drag go off by accident. What should I doing? Thank you in advance for your time
Hello everyone I will need to ask for your help if you don't mind. I'm trying to learn how to code in mql4 and i'm looking for a method. I would like to know the function/codeline to use to enter the market according to the color of the candle (bullish, bearish) AND at a specific time. I tried to
Hi,I have the following simple code to open an order ticket =OrderSend(_Symbol,0,1.0,Ask,5,0,0); the problem is that in runtime Ordersend returns -1 GetLastEror then returns "Expression could not be evaluated" I am going crazy because I ca't find where the problem is.the function parameters are
hey friends Greentings.. well I have an ex4 file ( mt4 compiled file, not the source code).. its an old school Indicator nothing fancy... It draws an arrow and a dot for buy/sell and exit.. well I wanted to know is it possible to make some kind of EA which read this ex4 file and then gives me
Hello i am working on EA for which i need this code . I want it to check for the biggest candle for the current day and alert if current candle crosses that last biggest candle level. I want to calculate the value based on HIGH and LOW of the candle. It should check from 00:00 Mt4 time to current
My code work correctly with: Momentum_Buffer [ Momentum_Position ] = Close [ Momentum_Position ] * 100 / Close [ Momentum_Position + Momentum_Period ] ; But with: Momentum_Buffer [ Momentum_Position ] = ( iRSI ( Symbol () , Period () , Momentum_Period , PRICE_MEDIAN , Momentum_Position ) * 100 ) /
Hello. First post - was directed here by my broker ICM. The charts are not loading on MT4 - these are not NEW charts - these are my SAVED charts/indicators. I saved them in Profile and Templates and Profile does not retrieve my saved charts. I have only four headings showing on the blank platform
Hello everyone. How can I reproduce the price movements that have already occurred while the market is closed, so that I can train non- automated trading techniques during this period? Thanks
Hello! I have the following indicator: int OnCalculate(const int rates_total, const int prev_calculated, const datetime &time[], const double &open[], const double &high[], const double &low[], const double
  Download older MT4 versions?  (26   1 2 3)
Hi all, Due to ESMA and FCA restrictions I was forced to change brokers to keep my 500:1 leverage. I thought I would look at Markets (comments not welcome on them please). However all my machines run Vista and since there is no support anymore they don't supply an older version. Does anyone have one...
Hi, finally I managed to use NotePad++ (google) to edit and compile mt4-files with some surprises :) 1) I created one folder for both mt4-compiler: 32 and 64 bit. (you'll find the HowTo in: Editor=>F1=>Search:"Compiling") 2) In that folder I created as well two folders MQL4 and MQL5! 3) In the MQL4...
[Deleted]
Hi EveryBody ,, i have a a problem with my simple expert advisor which gives Alert with some conditions as shown in code below ,, but the Alert works when every tick ,, how can i stop it ?? Thanks in advance //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Expert...
Hi Friends, I would like to change the color of my open positions in my MT4 desktop terminal. I want profit positions in Green color and loss position in Red color. Can anybody help me with that. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks and best regards
Hello! I'm trying to download data for several pairs, but quite often I got the download interrupted and I have to click again several times on the download button for it to resume and eventually finish, I tried it on other MT4 instance and it didn't had that issue (I'll attach an image). Does