MT4 slowing down machine after being open for several hours

Hi All,

I've managed to get multiple instances on MT4 running on my VPS, (around 15) was able to switch between them all no issues even with my EA's installed.

Left the MT4 instances running overnight, but when accessing my VPS this morning a lot of the MT4 clients have become unresponsive. Ended up rebooting my VPS and trying again but when starting the clients, they still seem to be slow and unresponsive.

I'm trying to figure out what is causing the clients to be running so slow, and why they worked fine the night before? Are there files being created somewhere on each client which is clogging everything up? So far i've tried the following to try and remedy the slow clients:

- Delete all Indicators I'm not using

- Delete all EA's I'm not using 

- Delete chart history files from profile (both under Prog Files & Appdata)

- Bring down the amount of Max bars in history and chart to 5000

Has anyone else experienced this issue where they've left the software running and now everything is slow to respond?

Thanks

John

1. Either you have indicators that recompute all bars per tick. Reducing max bars on chart will only help initially.
  2. Or you have a memory leak in your code.

William Roeder:
  1. Either you have indicators that recompute all bars per tick. Reducing max bars on chart will only help initially.
  2. Or you have a memory leak in your code.

Thanks for the reply, William. From what you've suggested that sounds like it may be it then... my knowledge of memory leaks issues are limited, but I'm not seeing any throttling on process monitor - CPU/RAM usage is low.. could a memory leak be hidden in plain sight and task manager/proc mon not reflect this?

Aside from the core MT4 software, the only things I run are TradeCopier and MyFXBooks. These run on a chart each. Are you aware of issues with these EA's? I don't appear to be running any indicators.

Reason: