MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 213

Hello When selecting Help in MetaEditor from the tabs at the bottom of the Toolbox or by selecting F1, the text in the Help window are that large they can not be read, For example the word Comments takes up the entire screen. Version: 4.00 Build 509 (24 Jun 2013) Sent a message to MetaQuotes...
Hi, I want iBarshift to continue calculations for Two more hours thus making it 6 hours before other function. It can be seen in code but since there is no PERIOD_H6 in iBarshift parameter I am trying to manually add PERIOD_H1 or 60 two times to add two more hours but they are not working..how do I
wondering whether someone may be able to point out what I'm doing wrong here. Just for background I am very new to MQL4 (or coding at all) I wrote the following code to act as a virtual trailing stop loss. I am trying to lock in HH (Highest High) and LL (Lowest Low) based on the below loop. However
  Testing MT4  (1)
Why is it not possible for some EAs to be tested on quotes for the last week? Is this a problem with the MT4 terminal or EAs developers? There is no such problem in the MT5 terminal, only in MT4
Hello, How can I clean up an array? For example I used an array, the array is now full of data, now I need to remove all data so that I can use it again. Any idea how I can do this? Replacing all data with 0 in a loop (the array is double) won't work it will interfere with calculations. I need to
How/where I get a correct working MT4 who is not changing during the setup into MT5 ( sorry for my bad english I´m german ). Second: Are all programms from MT4 running inside MT5
When I look in the market tab under purchased items, I only see a few listed. Just two weeks ago I could see all my EA's and indicator there, but I only see 6 of them. And in the Navigator under the Market I can see all, but I can't attach them to a chart (only the ones that are visible in the
  Spread trading in Meta Trader  (2532   1 2 3 4 5 ... 253 254)
Wrote a simple indicator to visualise spreads (enclosed). Just by looking at the charts you can see dozens of great opportunities to open and close positions. But how much confidence can I put in such a chart? Is it realistic to open positions with these quotes? (Quotes B., CFD spreads for GCG0 and
(Error) Not enough space for notification! Please what does it mean and how can I solve it permanently? Sometimes it occurred even when I have few charts open and just one or two orders to notify about
Hi All, I am having an issue to install MT4 platform on my computer. It keeps saying "Sorry, something wrong: try again later!". Any idea how to solve it? Thanks
  SL and TP system  (48   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi I'm wondering how I can make a TP and SL system based on EMA crosses I attached my code it compiles but does not work. Any help is much appreciated. if (GetTotalOpenTrades() < MaxTrades) { if (FastEMA > SlowEMA){ LongSetup = True; }
hi.. i installed several metatrader broker software like Fxtm , Ava, Icmarket . currently fxtm is my default set for open mq4 so whenever i click mq4 script and compile it save under fxtm subdirectory but i want to change Ava. how to change ? thanks
Hello Forum! Do you guys know, how to remove (not hide) chosen symbols (pairs) from the market watch for good ? I mean completely from the MT4 platform
I create an EA that works well on strategy tester, but when I tried on Live account, randomly my EA not closing the trade. My EA open a correct position at 10 March 12:50 and it should be closed somewhere around 13:46 Picture 2 is my EA when running on Tester. Picture 1 is my live account. Is there
Hi! Sometimes on some indicators when price hits TP it doesnt close order, it just goes until next SL... i think that something in my code is wrong, but i cannot figure out what...can you help me? my EA: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
My code: #include <stdlib.mqh> (...) Print ( "Last error on " + _Symbol + ": " + IntegerToString ( GetLastError ()) + ": " + ErrorDescription( GetLastError ())); The log panel prints: Last error on EURAUD: 4108: no error I check up on the error code list
Hey fellaz! I hope you all are doing great. I am willing to create a news indicator. I just want to know that from were to start.? Or what things are needed when working on a news indicator. I know there are alot of news indicators Available, even for free. But I want to build it with my own hands
I'm fairly new to trading so apologies in advance if this is a dumb question. I'm playing with an indi just now meant for binary trading but which seems to pick fairly profitable entries. The problem is, when it's left to run for a prolonged period of time (all day for example) it starts to produce
  Strategy tester  (14   1 2)
Is it possible to save a chart after I did a back-test in visual mode
Im testing my EA in mt4 all the way the graph is good with very good profits in a steady line but at the end of the backtest a brutal fall happen why is that ? see image attached
i can't see any problem on my codes, can anyone help pls? if (signal == "buy" && OrdersTotal ()== 0 ) OrderSend ( _Symbol , OP_BUY, 0.10 ,Ask, 3 ,Ask- 200 * _Point ,Ask+ 200 * _Point , NULL , 0 , 0 ,Green); if (signal == "sell" && OrdersTotal ()== 0 ) OrderSend ( _Symbol
Hello everyone, I use a function to calculate the optimal lotsize for any trade, the return value is as seen below. This function is supposed to deliver a 0.XX double so that the OrderSend function can properly open an order. double optimalLotSizeRounded = MathRound (optimalLotSize/MarketInfo(
Hi Guys, I got an MQL4 program, and am running it in a Demo Account. It works perfectly without issue. When I run it in a Live Account, I am getting a black screen as attached. In typical fashion, the Platform guys are blaming the EA and the EA guys blaming the Platform - so I'm stuck in the middle
Recently the toolbars have begun disappearing whenever I restart MT4. Any idea why? They used to stay put. Thanks
Hello, I would like to add an alarm sound to this zig zag indicator Thanks for your help
Hi, I want to read Trend line value (price) Below Trend line Name has some time value(time stamp). But I want to ignore the time stamp and just want to read the 2nd value. How can I read the Object price2? double price2 = ObjectGet( "LINE12" , OBJPROP_PRICE2 );
Most traders either fall into the technical analysis camp or the fundamental analysis camp when describing their trading strategies. However, both technical and fundamentals play pivotal roles in driving the fx market. Incorporating both types of analysis into an EA can be difficult due to the...
Hello, I am still learning and am writing an EA. The simple format of the trade logic is if the absolute value of Open[1] - Close[1] is greater than a defined minimum value open an order. I don't use this in isolation - there are other filter conditions. My big problem is it works fine until I have...
Dear All Please edie my code about -my EA Stoch nornall why I have 1: OrderSend error 130 and OrderSend error 138 not good please help me about it thank you beginner //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
double task = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK); double ilastBuy = FindLastBuyPrice(); if(FindLastBuyPrice() != 0 && pipsDistFromPriceBuy(FindLastBuyPrice()) <= -10 && CountTradesBuy() >= 1 && FindLastBuyPrice() - task >= 10*Point() ){ OpenBuy(); Print("Down buy"," add