MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 210

Hi! I am trying to code a Awesome Oscillator that works on different timeframes. So for example the chart is a 30min timeframe, but the indicator works on a 5min timeframe. This is available on the trading view Awesome Oscillator, but I can't figure out how to code it. When you add or change the
Hello, I have to connect my EA to a remote database using library LibmySQL.dll and mql4-mysql.mqh, but, when i change timeframe on the chart with the EA, my MT4 platform stop working. Does anyone know how to solve it? or ever encountered this problem
[Deleted]
Hello to all professors With this code, I get the last selling position How do I change the code to get the first position? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ double FindLastSellPrice() { double oldorderopenprice= 0 ; int oldticketnumber; double unused= 0
I need to monitor multiple account balances (and open positions) on one application. The accounts are from metatrader brokers, and the brokers are different. (It's not monitoring multiple accounts from same broker but different brokers) Also, I don't need to be able to execute trades from this...
<soapbox> I bet you thought I had one of those...well I wish I did. I'm posting this to encourage anyone who has the capability to write a standalone tester w/ genetic optimizer to do so and sell it to the community!! I would prefer it be open source, but I know thats not going to happen....
Hello, I'm trying to integrate an image (bmp) in my mt4 tool, I have copied / pasted the code from the link below, but it does not work ... How to do it please? thank you in advance Link : https://docs.mql4.com/constants/objectconstants/enum_object/obj_bitmap
Hello, I do need to determine the start of the Asian Session (Tokyo) within my EA without using the brokers server time or any kind of online-check by connecting to a server. Most of the time the Asian Session (Tokyo) is at 00:00 at the brokers server time (for example: Global Prime, IC Markets
[Deleted]
Hello, I have this error in Journal: Notifications: failed sent request [0] notify.mql5.net:443 failed My notification goes out some of the time, some of the time not. Is there something I can set to make sure every notification goes out? Or is it a MQL server issue
Not sure what the problem is hoping another set of eyes will help. Thanks //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| FRIDAY.mq4 | //| Copyright 2021, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|
hi there ‌‌I am noticing that ChartScreenShot() is saving the files as empty (i.e. zero byte files), anyone noticing a similar result ? ChartScreenShot () function returns true btw and I am using the latest build of 1052. I am using the following code : int OnStart(){      long chartid;...
Hello, Is there anyway i can see/convert my Mt4 Account History trades times in local time? Broker server: ICMarkets Live-19 Thank you
limit = rates_total-prev_calculated // so this should mean that limit equal to total number of bars - the already calculated bars by the indicator why limit will be incremented by 1
I have forum-searched & Googled this but there is not much out there :( Looking at this 'Ask' we can have n copies of the application on each computer... but how do we start them easily on reboot to connect and start operations? Command lines in shortcuts or batch files in the Startup folder (of XP)...
Hi, a very strange thing happened to me. I always have access to my mql5 account through the metatrader 4, I also bought some products from the market I was using, but since this morning I can no longer log in so much so that even if I have renewed the products I cannot use them (the trial version
  Counting Orders  (4)
I ma trying to count how many pending BUY/SELL stop orders are at any given point. The code I am trying is below, but at the moment it counts nothing. Any ideas about what is it going on, or a different way to do it? Thanks. intOpenBuyOrders=0,OpenSellOrders=0; //Count Pending Stop Orders   for(int...
I am trying to understand how an EA gets data from a custom indicator. So I wrote a very simple example, but and I feel I understand it, but my EA says it get 16.1,0.0 but I am expecting 16.1,16.2. Where am I going wrong? Indicator code: input int TestInput; double test0[] = { 0 }; double test1[] =
Can anyone help in which pivot needs to be installed on MT$ under MQL5. I'm trying to installed that are open source on internet. However, I'm unable to do it
The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on Thursday , November 26, 2020. This version provides error fixes and platform stability improvements. The new build will be available through the Live Update system
How to get the maximum number of open positions of broker's limit, not the number of Lots. I don't know using which function . Thanks in advance
Hello, I need help on combining two indicator which serves the same purpose (to change between symbols). The only difference is one will read the symbols listed in Market Watch as the source and another one needed to be set manually every pair that need to be view. I want to combine the source of
Hello everyone, in advance, thanks to whoever reads this query and can help me. I ask for the favor, if someone can guide me on how to do this in the correct way: As we know, the iCustom function has some fixed parameters, but other parameters are "changing" and this is completely tied to the
Hello, We handle large amount of orders and it is crutial to have the order book in a valid state. Lets take the OrdersTotal(); OrdersHistoryTotal(); OrderSelect(); functions,and data they get from the broker as an example. My question is, if the order book changes (trade is
"Dear Colleagues: I have been using my EA with a server, and after analizing results, I have seen some severe differences that I was not expecting, maybe I could get your help because this is a big problem for me. In order to understand how the EA should behave lets see how it was executed on my
Hi guys, An EA I am working on currently was found to be much less profitable on short positions vs long positions over the testing period. The simple solution to reduce Max DD and increase profitability is to either reduce position sizing for short positions or alternatively increase sizing on long
Hi, ‌‌Does anybody know the meaning of the following error: ‌EventSetTimer(xxx) error 1158 ‌‌ (‌xxx: time specified for the timer within the EA) ‌ T‌hanks in advance
  memory crash  (1)
Hi all, I had a memory crash while trying to create a Renko chart. I shut down the platform, but when I try to open I can do nothing because the memory is out of bound, the platorm is not responding. How can I solve? Thank you
Hi All, I am always charting on tradingview, but I want to code a strategy of mine into mt4. The standard Awesome oscillator on mt4 has only the option to apply the indicator on the current timeframe that the chart is in. This is fine, but to make the strategy I use work, it has to be on a different
  Counting bars including weekends  (82   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
There are two points t1 and t2, between them there are 25 bars, How do I know how many outputs there were between points, e.g. on D1, so that I can add them to the required bars
Hi, I wanted to try my news system in the strategy tester but I get error on the handle when I it comes to FileOpen.. Error code unknow error it say. Maby it can't open files in the strategy tester? Also when it checks! IsFileExist it can't find the file but it's there cause it manage to...
Hi All, I have an EA on a VPS, it seems loaded correctly, but it doesn't start properly because of the error: "cannot call dll", can someone help me to load dll in the correct path? PS: EA is coded in MQL4. Thank you very much! Francesco