Mt4 and DDE

Hello,

I have 2 issues. Please advise-

1) The DDE sample does not seem to get updated. Any ideas?

2) I am planning to use a third party application to get the data from MT4 into that application. What should be the DDE Server Name and topic name?

I tried MT4 as server name but its erroring out. What is a topic name exactly?

Thanks,

MG

Man:
Hello,

I have 2 issues. Please advise-

1) The DDE sample does not seem to get updated. Any ideas?

2) I am planning to use a third party application to get the data from MT4 into that application. What should be the DDE Server Name and topic name?

I tried MT4 as server name but its erroring out. What is a topic name exactly?

Thanks,

MG

What is the Third Party Software? And what does it say as to how to set up the DDE link?

If you have a mini account going in your instance of MetaTrader this changes your DDE Topic from:

MT4|QUOTE!EURUSD -> MT4|QUOTE!EURUSDm

MT4|BID!USDCHF - > MT4|BID!USDCHFm

MT4|ASK!GBPUSD -> MT4|ASK!GBPUSDm

That always gets people.

thanks,

very useful info

HI GUYS.

i'm able to connect all the forex data to my spread sheet but no luck with my index and futures data , in the platform it called #spu8 (S&P500) maby it beacuse the # ?

can someone help?

Hi 400936. Could you give me the brokers name to try my own test on the spread sheet?

Linuxser:
Hi 400936. Could you give me the brokers name to try my own test on the spread sheet?

hi Linuxser, thank you you, i'm using NORTH FINANCE.

Forex | Forex Broker | Online Forex Trading | Forex Exchange | Mini Forex - NorthFinance Forex Broker

Here it's, an excel files with many examples included

TIPS:

The name to write inside the cell is the one displayed on the Market Watch window:

Including a non currency symbols with NON standard names:

With EXCEL 2007 maybe will show a security warning when DDE is connecting. YOU NEED TO ENABLE PERMISSIONS.

thank you Linuxser .

HI Linuxser .

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I'M TRYING TO GET DATA FOR THE FUTURE CONTRACT WITH OUT LUCK , CAN YOU HELP?

I NEED DATA FOR THE :

EPZ8 (S&8 500) I TRY TO WRITE =MT4|BID!'#EPZ8' AND THIS NOT WORKING

400396:
HI Linuxser .

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I'M TRYING TO GET DATA FOR THE FUTURE CONTRACT WITH OUT LUCK , CAN YOU HELP?

I NEED DATA FOR THE :

EPZ8 (S&8 500) I TRY TO WRITE =MT4|BID!'#EPZ8' AND THIS NOT WORKING

Sorry. I don't have North Finance and the website is giving me an error where trying to download the mt4.

Do you have a similar symbol with Broco Trader?

Reason: