MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 180

Just a quick question. If I am backtesting an EA on the Model: Open Prices Only and I then use technical indicator functions(i.e iBands ); what would happen if I set the shift argument to zero. What would the indicator value be (Value of the indicator on open?)
Hi, everyone, I wanted to convert the following MQL4 Indicator to MQ5. Unfortunately, the compiler spits the error message: ARRAY OUT OF RANGE. The error message refers to the following line in the OnCalc(): " if(close[i]> close[i+1]) ". I do not quite understand the program logic of MQL4, which is
I'm struggle to set my TP the range of the previous bar I've manage to set my SL for a SEll trade above the previous bar range but i want to set my TP in the same way RISK TO REWARD WILL BE THEN A 1:1 Code for opening a sell position, but I'm not getting the Take profit section to work Any advise
Hi, I'm new to MT4 programming. I have a set of variables (of prices) that are from custom indicators which I have placed into the following variables as per the code below. CurrentPrice = Bid; Resistance3 = NormalizeDouble (ObjectGet("R1", 1 ), 2 ); Resistance2 = NormalizeDouble
Hi everyone, I'm interested to see people's appoaches when backtesting automated strategies... Here's my journey with backtesting so far: 1. I initially started down the route of using MT4 optimisation and strategy tester to find 'profitable' EAs which I have written. I then realised the hard way
I want to copy trade this signal this provider use broker XM micro.For my copy account is FBS cent account Can I copy this provider ? Provider account(Micro account broker XM) My account(Cent account broker FBS)
This is my completed indicator code : //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Smart Arrow.mq4 | //| Copyright 2021, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //|
I would like to change the " The Block Comment command (Ctrl+/) inserts single-line comment characters in the current position: " https://www.metatrader5.com/en/metaeditor/help/development/intelligent_management#comments in metaeditor. I would like a longer version of the " The Function Header
- I want tp = 100pip initial sl = - 25pip sl = +1 when profit = 15pip sl =+20 when profit = 40pip sl =+40 when profit = 60pip sl =+60 when profit = 80pip please help me, i tried to install it but i can't
  reopen a closed order  (12   1 2)
Hello, I'm trying to learn the code. But for the following problem I have found nothing in the documentation: How can I start the same buy-limit order again after it was closed? for example: buy_limit EUR / USD opened at 1.35, tp closed at 1.3510. Now I want that this order is always opened at 1.35...
  Object Create  (1)
Hey, guys, I'm having an issue with creating an object. I want to create 2 arrows, in MQL4. They are to be a lower low and a higher low. When I create the "first low" object it shows up on the chart, but when I add the second "current low" it doesn't show up. It's like it cancels out. Does anybody
I'm trying to create an indicator as part of a complete trading system, that generates an alert when a Heiken Ashi candle is closed that has no wick. So for a bearish HA candle, no wick at the top @ close -> Alert. For a bullish HA candle, no wick at the bottom @ close -> Alert. Any ideas how to
How can I change the "speed" of the chart when backtesting in the visual mode....?? When I move the "slider" to 32 it is way too fast....and 31 is like watching paint dry..... too very slow? Does anyone else have this problem??
Please your recommendations
Dear I have no idea why it does not delete pending orders after closing positions. It close open position in perfect way. Somehow, it does not delete pendings. Any help? void CloseAllOrders() { for ( int pos= OrdersTotal ()- 1 ; pos>= 0 ; pos--) { int Ticket=OrderTicket(); double
I was wondering if there is a way to draw candlesticks or bars from custom data like csv file or API feed ? I know there 2 ways to draw them using histogram like heikenashi candles indicator , or drawing small trend lines with thicker width from open to close price and trend line with thinner width
Hola a todos Disculpen la molestia Quisiera saber si me pueden ayudar a obtener los datos de el indicador personalizado que adjunto, para agregar un filtro a mi EA. Me ha servido mucho ya que identifica las tendencias de otras temporalidades basado en una MA con período común, y lo que quiero es...
Hello, I was searching options for investment and somehow got contacted by <broker name removed > and started trading with them. They´re methods are very aggresive and I now think I might be scammed. Is there a way if I have some money in MetaTrader4 to change brokers or have the money send directly
Hi to all, hope someone in the english section can help me. I try to create a GRID-EA. For the following problem I will use the assumption just trading long. 1. Step: using an input variable to define the gridsize --> Grid_Abstand = e.g.: 200 2. Step : find out the current price-level on the chart
Hello! ‌‌Recently my MetaTrader 4 Market tab inside the Terminal window stopped working properly. Every Market tab (Main, Favorites, Purchased) shows a blank white screen. The same thing goes for all of my platforms running MetaTrader 4 version 4.00 build 1045 (3 Feb 2017). I have tried restarting...
Hey, I would like to ask a question for the my issue I've been experiencing. It's so weird. I have a for loop to close my orders. As you see on the code, the if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) block doesn't work. And more interesting than that this, this block works on a X broker, but doesn't work on Y broker
I am trying to display text on a chart with OPAQUE background but no luck so far. I will appreciate anysuggestions.
After i made a new expert with a new file name - the hosting service gives an error when i try sync: cannot open file 'C:\Hosting\instances\FC3A466BEEDF9BAD469E9411B477DA44\MQL4\Experts\MyExpert.ex4' [2] Why would this start happening with new experts i create and want to sync? I am still able to
According to the docs, setting an object's tooltip to the newline should disable a tooltip for the respective object. This used to work as intended. Somewhere along the way, this stopped working and now an empty tooltip is shown, instead. I'm hoping that someone can forward this to the devs since I
Hi friends, Hope you are doing well. I'm looking for such this indicator I explain below: When you open multiple orders on same chart, there would be 2 alpha horizontal lines which you could drag to different levels to see overall profit/loss and also breakeven point. In addition you could add more
What is the code for MQL4 to know if the order was closed by SL, TP or manually? I am reviewing the documentation but I cannot find how to do it. I hope you can help me
I want my indicator to open and write to 2 files but the indicator opens and writes only to the first file. I use the names and handles like this to write and open the file. First I define variables in the global scope: int handle1= 0 ; int handle2= 10 ; string name1=ABC; string name2= XYZ; then I
Hello I am trying to draw Arrows Based on another indicator's signal from higher timeframe, but the problem i am facing is that it draws the arrow on multiple candles For example : If I check the arrow visibility on W1 timeframe and have the my indicator draw the arrow on D1 timeframe it will draw 5
i get 3 error i dont have the font necessary to run the scrpt on my computer, so i had to trabslate it from russian, i didnt write the code, nor do i know how to write mlq, it is far too comlpicated for me, when i looked into the help folder to try to get an undertsnading, i realized it would be
Hello, I wa looking at some EA builders and I can't figure one thing out. When using a Moving Average , there is a MA Shift cell and a Shift cell. I understand what MA Shift is but not what Shift is. I've seen it in another editor as "Back Shift". Any ideas