MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1593

Hello Friends I am too tired now, tried to get a simple EA to work for this indicator and finding it hard. Please can anyone help This custom indicator is based on Heikin-Ashi Now HADIFFCO is a series which is a subtraction of Heikin Close and Heikin Open which is the histogram Now on top this i...
[Deleted]
Hello all 1- I need to access data in lower time frames but when I use iBars(), that returns the value of 0; I have imported history data in to terminal fromTools menu. What else should I do? 2- Is it possible to use data from server without manually importing them? I meansomething like 1 minute...
Imagine you put two seperate (custom) indicators in the same seperate chart windowon a chart in your terminal. They seem to correspond, cross over or whatever: theydo have approximately the same values if you look at the graph, but when you placethose two custom indicators in two other seperate...
[Deleted]
Hi, I took this example: ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,Ask-25*Point,Ask+25*Point,"My order #2",16384,0,Green); if (ticket<0) { Alert ("OrderSend failed with error #", GetLastError()); return (0); } However I am getting an error #4055, what does it mean? I have demo account with Meta...
[Deleted]
Hi Does anyone has some useful information or source code(EA) which will copy all the activities (open/close positions) from one account and distribute these activities to other accounts . Let say an account 1 open a trade, this trade will be recorded and distribute to Account 2,3,4,5 etc . they...
[Deleted]
Long-time lurker, first time poster... Question - are GlobalVariables accessible across multiple instances of MT4 terminal? Example - If I have two instances of MT4 terminal open on same computer, call them MT4_A and MT4_B, running on different accounts with different EA's but using the same...
  Comments and suggestions  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
What strikes the eye: - problems with zooming in the forum - for some reason a horizontal scroll bar appears and the right edge is not visible. Opera 8.5 - when registering, some texts are not translated into Russian :) or rather, I noticed one phrase What I would like: - updating of already
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm professioanl FX trader and over the years i developed several trading methods, some did bad and others did excellent. Now, I need to automate all my trades and my plan is simple: develop a collection of successful EA and divide my capital equally "Horizontal Hedging". i need some one who...
Hello, Usually we use OrderMagicNumber() to identify whether the active order opened by given EA or not. Can we always use always OrderComment() for this purpose? Thanks
[Deleted]
Newbie would like to trade using fractals with the 1Hour chart. Any recommendations on which fractals or combination of fractals/indicators/ Thanks
you know that if more than two parameters are used,a graph of 2D surface cannot show all the results. then what's the color for? is it the best result filling the blank? hope you understand my question. sorry for my bad english. thank you guys
[Deleted]
This seems to be a populator yet I have not seen a version programmed for MQL4. Have I missed it? If not, is anyone interested in developing it? Thanks.
  Esignal
Has anyone ever tried to put data from Esignal into MT4? Working with csv files seems the most obvious way, and the periodconverter which comes with MT4 ought to be the right tool for the job, but has anyone ever done it?
[Deleted]
Can any one tell if there is function to sort two or more dimentional arrays. Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hi I'm new to MQL4 but have been programming C/C++ for years. I am trying to understand a concept regarding the difference between indicators and EAs. I have written a Custom Indicator that draws a few moving averages and places arrows at appropriate buy and sell locations. What I want to do now is...
[Deleted]
Hello all, I have just started to work with MetaTrader 4, and I attempted to test an EA. I can see the testing as it happens by clicking on Visual Mode, but upon completion there isn't any data to review in the Results tab. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Hi, I'm new to forex and MQL4 and would really appreciate if someone can help me on this. I'm trying to automate a trading system I'm currently testing. The systems is mainly a 123 reversal trend, rules are as follow: 1.) if ptA to ptB meet a certain no. of pips, I expect a reversal 2.) the reverse...
This anywhere near? Any ideas to get round the lack of a USDSEK feed? Anyone make an indicator out of this? double USDX, EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDSEK, USDCHF; EURUSD=iMA("EURUSD",PERIOD_H1,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1); USDJPY=iMA("USDJPY",PERIOD_H1,1,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);...
  an If Loop  (2)
Hi I need some help on coding in mql: for(int x=0;x<2;x++) { if( ( var < i ) && ( var > z ) ) || } I need to create a long if statement with a for loop. I want to end up with ie. if( ( var < i ) && ( var > z ) ) || ( var2 < i ) && ( var2 > z ) || ( var3 < i ) && (...
I know exactly how MACD (with two lines and histogram) works, but how Moving Averageof Oscilator (OsMA) works? There are three parameters:EMM fast, EMM slow and MACD SMA. Thanks!!!
Just wondering if it's possible to create a script that will turn on the scale fix checkbox and turn it off - so it's basically acts like a toggle? I would assign a hot key to the script so that it could be run quickly by press a function key... anyone know how to create this script? The checkbox...
Hello, is it possible to call the same indicator with iCustom(), for calluculating another Timeframe, in my Test the CPU from the PC is going to high and not possible
New article An Expert Advisor Made to Order. Manual for a Trader is published: Not all traders are programmers. And notall of the programmers are really good ones. So, what should be done,if you need to automate your system by do not have time and desire tostudy MQL4? Author: Andrey...
z score hpr mfe mae distributions etc.
[Deleted]
Is it possible to configure the location of the three directories (with subdirectories) where working files can be placed? I'd like to configure one of them on a ramdisk so that it can communicate with other programs through files without actual writing on harddisk. Also how to retrieve the names of...
I think the "WindowScreenShot" function should support the window handler as parameter. Example: int handle = WindowHandle("GBPUSD", PERIOD_D1); // Returns the handler containing the GBPUSD daily chart. WindowScreenShot("GBPUSD-D1.gif", 800, 600, 0, -1, CHART_CANDLE, handle); // If handle = 0 or -1...
The results showed here in this site looks good. With 90% of modelling quality and profit factor of 3.77%. Does anyone tested on a DEMO account? Live market? Thanks.
[Deleted]
I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the behavior of the print and log filesto do the following 1- Avoid writing the header when the EA starts (e.g., 15:53:16 trend-stats-v1.2inputs: timeframe=1; EMA=100; etc....) 2- Avoid having to print the usual starter at each line (e.g., 15:53:16 2006.08...
[Deleted]
Would it be possible to turn a consistently loosing EA in a profitable one, by simply reversing the trade positions? Lets say the back testing is accurate and the EA looses allot. How much would it have to loose, what criteria would need to be considered for it to be a good EA to reverse the trades?...
[Deleted]
I am new to this Forum, and would like to know if someone could help me with a error that I get in my script codes. here is the erro '('-function defintion unexpected This error shows up in the script at two location int TotalOpenOrder() ane int SelectTheOrder() Thanks for any help whammo