MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1347

Non-fitting system - main features  (306   1 2 3 4 5 ... 30 31)
As you know, many TS are well-fit on a representative sample and drain on forward tests. Such systems should not be used in trading. Today I analyzed different TS I have and this is what I found out: The signs of a working system is that it optimises almost equally on both sampling and double
[Deleted]
pls any one gide me ;- HOW TO ADD NEW CODE IN MTQ4 ?
find out the damn color of my indicator as i cannot see the pattern stored in the eight buffers (0-7) actually there is no pattern, or it is really complicated while i only have 2 colors. The buffers only give me price action. is there a way of "seeing" what is being painted? as is iCustom color or...
I have a friend using MetaTrader in the hebrew language. The terminal itself works fine and all menus are in hebrew, but his account name shows up as question marks. Also AccountName() returns question marks. This behavior is on windows XP and the setting for 'Regional and Language Options' >...
hello frds i am using standard 4 hours candle, how can i get customised periods like 3.5 hours or 210 minutes ? tks frds lerecidiviste
[Deleted]
I'm an inch close to finish my ea but i can't do just one thing, so i ask for your help. How can i make the ea chose one option, like, Close If (......) Or If(......)? Thanks all
[Deleted]
Hello all.... I know there has been a lot of discusion regarding CUSTOM TIME FRAMES... I've used the Period Converter and for the most part have been satisfied. That said, here's my question.... My EA is running in the 1HR chart... and I want to run a custom indicator against a custom chart.... in...
[Deleted]
I need some script that can set a SL 2 pips below/above a particular M5 candle. E.g. I would enter on the beginning of the 9:40 M5 candle long then it would put a SL below the 9:35 M5 candle. I have been looking for hours now but I cannot find anything. Thanks
[Deleted]
I need help creating an EA that will in order 1) Calculate the difference between high and low of the last closed candle ( Range=Prev_CandleH - PrevCandleL) 2) Compare this value to a a variable 3) If the difference between high and low of the last closed candle is equal or greater than user...
[Deleted]
Okay, so with a few pointers from some kind folk on this forum. I've created an indicator that pretty much gives me a definitive signal. Basically I have it put an arrow in a separate window for my long and short entries and exits. I tried making an EA to follow it and it wouldn't do anything......
Hello, I would like to have an indicator that I can tell it the angle I want to project and click on the chart where I want a trendline of that angle drawn. Does anyone have such an EA or could write me one? OneOleGuy
[Deleted]
Hello my friends Today I offer you the results of my work on real account from the beginning of the year 2010 to the end of trading today 22/1/2010 And thanks to God has been achieved 42.2% of the principal amount Risk only 10% with good stop loss Account management For more details, please send...
  What is it?  (247   1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25)
Can anyone comment on how it is possible to have income in pips in an account in the form of a random fluctuation and such a nice total in roubles in the account? It's a miracle! Only one reasonable explanation of the observed phenomenon comes to mind: Chel or MTS-ka opens randomly, but determines
[Deleted]
I assume these colors have to do with the meaning of the code but what do they mean? Is there anywhere that defines what these colors mean? Regards, CV
I am writing some utility functions that I can add to any experts/indicators I create via an include file. For example: //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------//Function: CreateVlineObject//Purpose:  Creates VLine objects. VLines take one time coordinate...
Hello, I am writing my first Expert - Limit/Stop order. The idea is to activate Stop Order only then a certain level (support or resistance) is reached. It is necessary to input Limit and Stop levels as parameters. I use command OrderSend(Symbol(), with parameter OP_BUYSTOP or OP_SELLSTOP However...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am thinking of the following logic: Take the first H4 bar from opening bell, measure the range if range > threshold then enter immediately, else do nothing. What is the code for getting the open and close for the first H4 bar of the day? ( Assume London open is the opening of the day.)...
Hi, I apologize if this has been asked already. The 'search' seems to be not working. Kindly assist in answering my question or pointing me to existing related threads.
How to modify the standard trailing stop code for dealing desk to be used for ecn? This is like the standard trailing stop code that is everywhere. Works for broker that does not charge commission. When I try testing on an ECN broker, some of the stop losses ended with negative profit because of the...
  Help to write some codes  (13   1 2)
Hi, I wanna to write a code that start to scan chart in 8 GMT, when price move for example 15 pips in each direction, puts a pending order in opposite direction, i wrote some code but it didnt work properely, WHY? if(OrdersTotal()<Max_Order){ if (h>=8 &&h<9 ){...
Dear Developer, G'day I would like to create very simple Indicators. Due to security reason I would like discuss it personally. If you are interested, please mail me with Subject: MQL4 in your mail to raj.dreamjobz@gmail.com Lots can happen, keep charging. Be Awesome, Raj DreamJOBZ.com
[Deleted]
Hello all! I hope someone can help me. Following the close conditions from my EA. I want to close the trade after becoms 25 ticks under opening price, but i cant programming because i'm a stupid beginner..... Who can help me? Thank you so much for help!!! Best regards dsl void CheckForClose()  {...
pls i need a code for my EA to close all trade 18:00 on Friday and stop tradeand open 2:00 on Monday. also i want the EA to calculate a particular percentage of free margin as lot for every trade. i want u guyz to help me with these codes pls. thanks in anticipation
[Deleted]
Hi there I am trying to modify a Pivot Point indicator which maps pivot points on all timeframes. The particular methodology I wish to adopt uses values from the prior 3 periods (eg previous 3 weekly bars for Weekly Pivots). The original code in the pivot indicator (for weekly values) used this to...
When I search for anything on this site (for example: https://www.mql4.com/search/profile) I get a message "Your search did not match any documents". Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, or, is the search engine faulty.
[Deleted]
It is possible to get Rebates on each Trade when reffered by an IB. These Rebates won´t widen your Spreads! The Spreads will remain the same as an announced on the Broker Website. And the best: You don´t need to open a new account, you can get your Rebates on a existing account! Below is a list...
[Deleted]
Hi Is there any way to communicate with an EA by means of mouse or keyboard strokes ? In all programming languages it's a common thing but i did not find any particular command for this kind of interaction in MQL4. I know that some programmers write codes to do some actions(such as close all...
[Deleted]
When an order type OP_BUYSTOP is executed, does it then become a OP_BUY or does it remain an OP_BUYSTOP until it is stopped?
[Deleted]
The operations are: buy 1,4155; sell 1,4163. sell 1,1453; buy 1,1446. Why they give 6 and 5 points to me of profit instead of 8 and 7, and because do not close me the positions and it changes the values to me varying of the book? Thanks
[Deleted]
I've been trading with Open ECry (OEC) for some time. I'm attempting to find a written strategy I can import into their custom trading manager that uses the ADX indicator to trade automatically. I'm being told the code might look something like the following: if DIpos > DIneg then begin Buy ("Buy")