Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 5

Hi everyone,

I am unable to install on Win XP (through Parallels running on OSX).

I am getting the error "Failed to receive required privileges"

Any hints?

The installer wont even run, all I get is an error popup with that text above.

cheers

i highly do not recommend MT5 because it does not allow you to hedge and combines all order of the same currency pair together. MT5 would force you to open several accounts in order to use multiple strategies on one pair. My recommendation to metaqoutes would to make a different build for US brokers and a build that allows hedging for brokers overseas and a build that allows stock, forex etc.

10265293 wrote >>

type in more character for zip code and other fields...... hopefully this help...

HA! Dummy me. they're actually checking the text now. :)

It works and I've got a full fledged demo account.

Sooooo, instead of improving on the DDE functionality, they've canned it? Bummer.

But I will say this, there are 2 things I can't wait for (I'm giddy!)

1. The reference chm to translated (I looked at the google one posted, kind of cryptic I agree)

2. In all the samples, the comments to converted to English (I get extended ASCII due to them being in Russian).

MQL5 looks like it has finally been done right!

Still wish I had DDE though. :(

****This is only a personnal comment, not a professionnal critic (and do not have to be taken too seriously, it's only from a trader who did not sleep last night only to download the new MT5)****

Since the anonce of the new mql5 and MT5, i came on this forum everyday to see if it's available.

I remember start to work with metaquotes product because the annonce of mql5 like a new way of trading product, with so many new features that it would have been to long to name them at this time,

I remember telling myself that I was better to take a break this summer because it would be easier to leran mql5 if I had not mql4 in head.

I remember hopping and telling myself that MT5 would be the most professionnal program for forex trading for small particular like me,

I remember asking so many questions on OOP to I.T.'s at work that they do not want to go lunch with me anymore..

also, I remember reading all post on MT5 and understand those who where affraid a the change of new platform, like the position concept, the debugger limit...and so on.

ho yes, and most important, I do remember working, trading, trying to pull PIPs as much as I can on the market not knowing when MT5 would be released, not knowing if an EA worth the time to be done on mt4, when to take my vacation week to learn MQL5

And much more

But really, can anybody tell me the difference between MT4 and MT5 ? ok 3 buttons changed a little bit, and yes now it written Allow autotrading on the EA strarter button.. But it's the same '"platform no ? maybe they forgot the innovation in the build I download because I can't find any and it's been 6 hours that I am on it and I did all the function for about 10 times ?!

what I dont understand, it's that they told us when they annonced the coming of MT5 that it was rewritten from scratch and what happen then ?looks more like photocopy no ?

There was a time I was proud to work with metaquotes product, (like when you own a BMW or Audi), but now, i"ll have no more fun to work with this even if it looks even more like a toy then MT4..

Ok, i'll bewaiting now, coming to this forum everyday for the next month looking for the rest and i'll continue learning MT5 to be ready for the next build with backtester! (what else do you want to do if you want to trade in life ?)

please excuse my bad english

Gachette wrote >>

****This is only a personnal comment, not a professionnal critic (and do not have to be taken too seriously, it's only from a trader who did not sleep last night only to download the new MT5)****

Since the anonce of the new mql5 and MT5, i came on this forum everyday to see if it's available.

I remember start to work with metaquotes product because the annonce of mql5 like a new way of trading product, with so many new features that it would have been to long to name them at this time,

I remember telling myself that I was better to take a break this summer because it would be easier to leran mql5 if I had not mql4 in head.

I remember hopping and telling myself that MT5 would be the most professionnal program for forex trading for small particular like me,

I remember asking so many questions on OOP to I.T.'s at work that they do not want to go lunch with me anymore..

also, I remember reading all post on MT5 and understand those who where affraid a the change of new platform, like the position concept, the debugger limit...and so on.

ho yes, and most important, I do remember working, trading, trying to pull PIPs as much as I can on the market not knowing when MT5 would be released, not knowing if an EA worth the time to be done on mt4, when to take my vacation week to learn MQL5

And much more

But really, can anybody tell me the difference between MT4 and MT5 ? ok 3 buttons changed a little bit, and yes now it written Allow autotrading on the EA strarter button.. But it's the same '"platform no ? maybe they forgot the innovation in the build I download because I can't find any and it's been 6 hours that I am on it and I did all the function for about 10 times ?!

what I dont understand, it's that they told us when they annonced the coming of MT5 that it was rewritten from scratch and what happen then ?looks more like photocopy no ?

There was a time I was proud to work with metaquotes product, (like when you own a BMW or Audi), but now, i"ll have no more fun to work with this even if it looks even more like a toy then MT4..

Ok, i'll bewaiting now, coming to this forum everyday for the next month looking for the rest and i'll continue learning MT5 to be ready for the next build with backtester! (what else do you want to do if you want to trade in life ?)

I think many are in much agreement with you. I'll hold on a few months, see how it develops. But at this point I am not impressed and in fact some dissappointed in MT5. Not really much new, same look and its a very old and tired look now - added features, added bugs - like Microsoft. I don't know how others fared but nothing on my Wishlist is here. Not sure MQL5 is really going to be that much an improvement, either - we will wait and see. From a marketing perspective I think this is an opening for the competition...

Gachette:

And much more

More then that your hard developed MQ4 Indicators won't work, just throw them !!!!!

I can't install it to my computer.

My computer is xp homeedition in japanese version.

Is it impossible to be installed to japanese OS?

phampton wrote >>

Yes, very helpful fai.

Those asking how to use this - I copied as mql5.chm into MetaTrader 5\Help\

When i copy or double click then here is message WebPage navigation is deleted and here is only Reference but nothing in detail window of help

can you help??

hexinchen wrote >>

I can't install it to my computer.

My computer is xp homeedition in japanese version.

Is it impossible to be installed to japanese OS?

I found 'mt5无法安装啊!'

After you read the license agreement, please use this tool.

I hope The development team will immediately improve the installer.

Files:
Reason: