where to start? if new to coding!

Hello, this is my 1st post ever to please correct me if I am breaking any forum rules. (Should this post be somewhere else?)

My aim is to eventually right my own EA, but I do not have any programming in my background and I am trying to work out the best way to learn.

I just read the ebook Programming in Algorithmic Language S. Kovalyov MQL4 (understood some and obviously need to re-read many times) and now know 1% of what I probably need to know to reach my aim of writing a functioning expert advisor.

Hoping for some guidance from those of you who started this journey and are now proficient. Where did you start or more importantly, if you had your time again, where would you start?

Are there examples of really basic code a beginner can look at and see the end result (ie. learn by trial and error), for example:

-how to draw a coloured line on a screen, or is there a possibility of accessing basic share templates where you can fiddle with individual operators etc and see the effect?

-are there courses / tutorials run on how to code in this language (I am based in Australia so presumably would have to access on line)

As you can tell I am a total novice here, realise I have to walk before I can run, but just want to start the learning process efficiently and would appreciate some pointers

I am not in a big hurry and want to learn this properly

Thanks in advance

David

Welcome to the forum! Your question has been asked and answered hundreds of times before, so I suggest as a first step you search the forum for previous threads on the subject.

A good place to start is the MQL4 introductory Articles:

gordon:

Welcome to the forum! Your question has been asked and answered hundreds of times before, so I suggest as a first step you search the forum for previous threads on the subject.

A good place to start is the MQL4 introductory Articles:

Thanks Gordon, exactly what I wanted and apologies for the duplication. Did do a few forum searches before posting but did not find these threads (Thanks Again!)
Reason: