MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1227

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello, can someone please explan me in little words the need from the optimize funktion from the tester oder give me a link to a great artikel, i like to understand this future option, but at the moment I have vervy fear from long texts.
Someone can explain why some indicators use the “ for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)” direction of calculation and others use “for(i=limit-1; i>=0; i--)” direction?
Hello all, I'm coding a hedging strategy where I enter a trade on a symbol and place an opposite direction trade on the hedge symbol. When the sum of the profits of the two orders are >= a set profit amount in dollars, I want to close both orders. My problem is that the expert seems to close...
Hi, I wrote the attached EA, and I'd like to operate with 1 hour time frame. I'd like to receive signals only when the new bar is complete, and not in a smaller time frame, when the new bars is setting up. How can I modify this EA? Thank you! Alberto
the result is that huge amount of trades occur and each of them was opened and closed within 1 min. What might caused the problem? I am driven crazy....
Hello: Could you please take a look at the following EA, and let me know what modificationsI need to make to have it only enter a trade once per bar? (I run this on the 1Hor 4H Time frame) When back tested, the code enters more than one trade per bar, but I know thatis not a good test, as the...
  2 MAs (1)
Does anyone have a 2 moving averages EA code, I repeat 2 moving averages, not one?
Hey everyone! I really don't know anything about this specific programming language yet and all I want to do is get alerted by email when the 30minute parabolic sar changes. Can someone help me out? Thanks alot! -Arie
Hello! I have this code,but it's not work. val=iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,Bars-point,point) (the point is a Bars number point<Bars) I would see the maximum in a range (point to current bar); I know iHighest give me only the bar number of highest bar.But this code not work for me. Thanks for help.
i made a daily pivot with offset that works with 1 hour and under. but when i switch to the 4 hr chart, it becomes inaccurate because if i off set the time zone by 2 hours, the pivot calculator is trying to reference the high low close of the 4 hr chart instead of the 1 HR chart. does anyone know...
Back-testing issue. Heres a little problem that i have been experiencing for a long time but haven't bothered to find a solution until now. My system is based on an hourly chart. Now lets say my system opens a trade at 19:00 (time). and the TP (or SL) is hit at 21:00. There is no problems here...
Error 2 ERR_COMMON_ERROR encountered using MT4 Build 211 (15 Oct 2007) AccountServer()=MIG-Demo Copy of Journal: 2008.03.12 19:25:05 '644565': modification of pending order #12410751 sell stop 573916.96 »k at 0 sl: tp: 0 -> price: 2 sl: 2 tp: 2 failed [Common error] 2008.03.12 19:25:03 '644565'...
or does it use the time of tick modeled during the back-test?
HELLO, I AM NOT A PROGRAMER... I WANT TO DO THE FOLLOWING: I NEED A CODE THAT EXECUTES ORDER AT A SPECIFIC LEVEL BULL PRICE AND BEAR PRICE WHICHEVER IS REACHED FIRST. I KNOW I CAN DO THAT ON THE PLATFORM, BUT BESIDES THAT I NEED THE CODE TO ONLY EXECUTE ONE ORDER; WHAT I MEAN IS THAT IF THE...
Hi seniors, I am coding a script that will place buy/sell orders according to my risk rules. I need to develop the following: If the pair is USDXXX, then use this formula... for calculation If the pair is XXXUSD, then use this formula... for calculation I have written 2 separate scripts for buy...
Hi can some one tell me how to modify the days date to an existing order
I’m MQL4 newbie, but also professional .NET programmer (C# in fact). I’ve written my first EA with many errors(nothing uncommon ;) and found following things: 1. lack of debugger – nowadays programming tools cannot exist without professional debugger with ability ofsetting breakpoints (the best...
EA's some are (blue and gold) mine shows up gray any significance? Should I be worried? Does it mean anything? Thanks
Hi,professors ! I want to get your help: how to compile the custom indicators of PR. The main body of PR is just below: Pr1=(iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)-iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,20,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0)); Pr2=(iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1)+iMA(NULL,PERIOD_H1,10...
Hello guys, I'm trying to include the body_height/candle_height ratio to my entry conditions and MT is complaining about "zero-divide". This is how i try ty calculate it: double low = iLow(NULL, 0, 1); double high = iHigh(NULL, 0, 1); double close = iClose(NULL, 0, 1); double open =...
Hi! I started MetaTrader this morning and found that nothing was changing. I moved the market watch to the tick chart and the tick chart says "Waiting for Update". I obviously have an internet connection as I am able to come here. I also opened another trading station that I have and it is...
Hi, I'm having problems running Trader Advisors with Strategy Tester. See below very simple OrderSend Advisor (from the OrderSend documentation), which is giving me error #129 everytime. Any idea what might be wrong? Thanks. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|...
This night my EA lost some trades. This message:" TradeDispatcher: trade context is busy" How to avoid it? How many times the EA try to open a trade or modify the StopLoss? My EA is based on moving averages and HEDGE. I can not lose a trade order. Thanks.
Hello, I am trying to get current market position(nr. of lots and direction) like this : int OpenPosQTY() { int cnt = 0; int lots = 0; for (int ic = OrdersTotal() - 1; ic >= 0; ic--) { OrderSelect(ic, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) { if (OrderType() == OP_BUY) cnt++;...
At EA I have one set up to buy and other to sell at same account. I set all BUY's at one plataform e Sell's at other but used magicNumber 0 in all currency pairs. There is a interferance. Do I have to open one account to each set up? I need magicNumber 0 to open a trade managed by EA. How to solve...
in TradeStation Easylanguage Input: DampFactor(.3), MALength(5) ; Vars: ProjMA(0), Mid(0), MA(0) ; Mid = (High + Low)/2 ; ProjMA = Mid - (DampFactor * (Mid - ProjMA[1])) ; MA = Average(close, MALength) ; Plot1 (ProjMA, "ProjMA",cyan, default, 1 ) ; Plot2 (MA, "Avg", yellow, default, 1 ) ; Thank you
Hi, I`m a newbie in this. I ´m trying to work with automated expert advisors that work only at bar completion, I found this code but I don`t know how to use it well, static datetime prevtime=0;...if(prevtime == Time[0]) return(0);prevtime = Time[0]; anybody can help me?
History: I'm a programmer (delphi & assembler, 5 years experience. C language, 1 year experience). 6 months ago, i started my manual trading. i've been read a lot of book about technical indicator, trading system, mm, psychology, etc. until today, i already made 7 EA, profit ratio for 5 EA is about...
I need some help getting history data on certain currency pairs, pls how do I go about it
By Custom indicators there is no grid in seperat windows, why is this so, by the original indicators from the Terminal the grid is shown everywhere?