MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1227

Hi to all MQL4 community! This is my very first post here looking for help because by this days i'm trying to customize this "Bears Bulls Power" indicator made by Waddah Attar adding to it a moving average but with no fortune yet... I read many articles about iMAOnArray and i understand the function...
  Code a strategy:  (8)
Anybody who can help? or point me to someone who can?
Dear friends, This is a sample regarding the usage of operator "continue" from https://book.mql4.com/operators/continue. I have a slight change in the coding resulting in different outputs. Could you enlighten me how the difference occur? Problem 16. There are 1000 sheep on the first farm. The...
There's no way to set the background color of a text object (OBJ_LABEL or OBJ_TEXT) that I can find. A workaround would be to draw an OBJ_RECTANGLE with background property set true. This is all well and good when these objects are in a fixed location on the chart. I want to be able to specify...
Sometimes I don't want to read the entire string in my file. I just need to read the 5th character and stop at the say the 10th. The string can have in access of 100 characters, and no delimiters. May sound strange, but there is a reason for no delimiters - so i cant use them in this case....
[Deleted]
Hey there, is there any possiblity to access other symbol windows then the active one? I want to use ObjectsTotal on a window which is not the active one. But ObjetsTotal has no parameter for things like that. Thanks,f.
I have a doubt about the strategies testing of MT4: I try a strategy and gives me a result of $ -10.000. Then,I leave the same strategy, and the same time for the test, and only change inthe next parameters in "ordersend": The Operation type: reverted OP_SELL to: OP_BUY The Stop loss: Bid +300 *...
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to read my post. First I thought of an EA but since I just want it to open a position an place a stop it might work in a Script aswell. I am not that good at coding so I first ask someone who has some experience before I start the work. Ok. I don't know if you
  How to code such EA  (20   1 2)
Hello! I want my EA to open new order when price is x-pips from last open order. EA opens buy when price is x-pips over last candle close. Then I want to open another buy when price is x-pips over from last open buy. I try like this but doesn't work. Thanks!...
I’m new to MQL4 and need some help to program EA which should: Open order with S/L and T/P and before or if it hit S/L EA must open new order in opposed direction. Thanks, Andrei int start() { if (OrdersTotal() == 0){ OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY,LotsOptimized(),Ask, 3, Ask -...
This might be a dumb question, if yes - I apologize for my lack of know how. I am curious if this is okay code. I'm talking about the while operator at the end where I call the ModifyShorts() again until the result is false. I'm just trying to make sure I'm bug free and that the code completes it's...
Hey guys, I had spend days to investigate this issue but I could not come with a solution so I post it here so we can discuss further the issue. Issue: Mt4 server uses the London time zone as they preference time therefore you can easily see that there are 6 daily candles in 1 week in the MT4 chart...
[Deleted]
I intend to purchase a smartphone and want to run MT4 for smartphone edition, so that i can check on it anytime anywhere. can anyone advise me whether which OS is compatible? Iphone4 ? Android ? Window 7 mobile? Thank you
hi, I am performing some hedging with my ea and it works great, somehow I want it to make profits more often so I want to add positions as the profits move up or down kinda like "double sided martingale". I wonder if someone is willing to help me with this easy thing I just don't know how to program...
[Deleted]
Hello, Most examples I have seen, send an ordermodify, once the trailing stop is hit that is, with EVERY tick hereafter. Is this the right way to do it? It seems to require a lot of processing time and will generate warnings since the modify orders are coming in too fast for the server. Wouldn't...
[Deleted]
Hi I need some help please. I have 3 monitors and I monitor 8 FX pairs. I was told to drag the bottom right hand corner of the MT4 window across 2 of my monitors which I did. I then fitted my 8 chart windows within the 2 monitors and all was fine until I maximised any of the charts. This single...
[Deleted]
Hello I was wondering can the MACD and ATR in the custom indicators folder be modified to show the values of the last say 4 candles as well as the current candle? Thanks Antony
  Teach me, people of goodwill...  (108   1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11)
Don't kick it... Teach me how to earn at least a point a day... I've read a lot, but it's not much help
[Deleted]
Hi!! Mt4 normally use with EA. For two days I have disabled the ability to launch purchase orders and sales and the EA has no ability to launch commands. The new order button is grayed out too. I turned off the EA and the problem continues. Anyone know how could I turn back orders?
During certain hours the other day the trade option with right click was not appearing on WTI then a few hours later it appeared again, so I was unable to make any trades. Can anyone please tell me why this option dissappears during certain times or conditions? How many ways can this option just...
[Deleted]
Can someone tell me how to get a list of the chart objects, their location and parameters to a csv file.
Hi Can you recommend me a good broker with a good feed, London Time, for MT4? Thanks Ph
does time[0] reflect the actual time the first tick of a new bar arrived or does it reflect the time the new bars period is supposed to have begun ?
[Deleted]
Hi, friendz I've finally succeeded in coding an EA that uses 3 indicators: Moving Average , MACD & ADX. U can use that EA with any combinations of the above 3 indicators. For more details, conatct me at ksrohit2712@gmail.com Regards, Rohit
[Deleted]
Hi all, I want to know if i can make my robot reset/restart itself after an unexpected crash or a freeze. For instance, my robot, in few occasions goes into timeout after an unresponsive server request and it stops trading. Other times, i get a "zero devide" fatal error when the marketInfo function...
I simply code an indicator as below. When it is embeded into MT4, sometimes the drawing line can be reflected in the screen sometimes is empty. It really makes me confused. Any wrong with my coding? Or 3 arrays slow down the caculating speed? Can someone kindly give me a hand? Thanks a lot......
[Deleted]
Hello i dont know how to start but here goes. i need some form of EA or program to predict or calculate the next candle in 15min TF. i am not a programmer, i started forex about 6 months ago since then i have been learning to trade. there are alot of EA and systems out there that works for some and...
Hi, I am programming an indicator and using the function Period(). But it doesn't work really. On the Timeframe M1 the Period()-Functions gives 1 ...or...60 back. On the Timeframe M15 the Period()-Functions gives 15...or...60 back. On the Timeframe H1 the Period()-Functions gives 60 ...or.....
Hi, Has anybody also experienced this? MT4 seems more slow, sometimes stays stuck, or takes time to react when I click on the icons, esp. to change time frames M1 M5 etc Could that be a compatibility problem? Does anybody knows how to fix this? Or simply ro run MT under XP? Thanks for your...