MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1229

[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                       Custom 3Moving Average.mq4 |//|                                                      Open Source |//|                                              http://www.mql5.it/...
I wrote my script based on EUR-USD behaviour. Based on that pair, I decided how and where to snap the SL to the openPrice and when to advance it. Now, when dealing with other pairs, it seem that the price of other pairs tend to behave alittle differently, sort of restlessness. They tend to jump...
[Deleted]
Hi Geeks, I am very new to this field and want to automate my trading. I want to place my order on the closing (and ofcourse opening of new candle) of day long Candle stick. The Start() event get called on every tick. Is there any way so that I choose only that tick which comes at the time of...
Hello, does anybody know how to set up a spreadchart of two symbols in MT4? So I mean to create a graph of the difference between these two. Thanks, 2222
When the stoplevel is 50 loets say, what does it measn? Example: Market Price 1.3050 Stoplevel 50 Stoploss 1.3060 is it acceptable? Manually it seems ok in expert returns ERROR 130 Any suggestions
[Deleted]
what is the function ? I don't know what it is to do ~~ for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++) { OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderComment()==Name_Expert) { int type=OrderType();switch(type){case OP_BUY:sB=1;T++;LastB=OrderOpenPrice();break;case OP_SELL...
[Deleted]
I always had a question about Candlesticks and since I got answers in this forum, I am going to ask it here: I understand that ALWAYS the close of a candle should be the open of the follower. But this NOT ALWAYS seems to be in the graphics. See the graphics I have: Look in the RED RECTANGLES. Is...
[Deleted]
im trying to do something if the order lost, i tryied to use orderprofit but it always give me the same number (lose/win) really wierd someone have any idea   if (Order== SIGNAL_TRBUY)  {      if(OrderSelect(ticketb, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_HISTORY)==true)       {        money= OrderProfit();...
I want to read the crosshair position from the graph. Is there such function exist ?Maybe it has a distinct (special) name that can be read with 'ObjectGet()' ?! James
[Deleted]
I have an indicator which usually works well. When i run an EA and loaded my indicator to the chart in the meantime,but the indicator did not work. Is there any advice? data mismatch ?
[Deleted]
Hi, I have the following code below - it seems to work fine running live (don't worry, it's a non-profitable strategy) where the stop loss and profit targets are hit, but when I run it in Tester, it does not trigger then and instead just closes the position(s) on the very last data set. Do I need...
[Deleted]
Hello Folks, Just one fast question - I couldn't find the answer here. I wonder if it's too stupid... If I write an EA and want to use it on different currencies at the same time in the same terminal - Do I have to pay attention to something specific or does this always work without complications?...
[Deleted]
  Overload  (1)
I did a script that has a loop while(true) Sleep(10) ; Is it possible that it overloads e.g. MT4 cache or so that adversely affects the program. If so, is there a solution? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello, I`m working on my first EA and I have got several Problem solved but this one still appears. What I`m trying is to show the iMA() as a comment programmed in a for loop in the start() function of the EA. Well it appears on the corner but once in a while the value drops to zero. When I do it...
Hello Below is the coding I am writing which give the correct result, but if I change timeframe or symbol, the indicator disappears. The only way I can get it back is if I recompile the code. #property copyright "Brian307"#property link      "B121ANS@Hotmail.com"#include <WinUser32...
[Deleted]
How can change a trade that is gong on with the opposite one e.g. BUY with SELL(if BUY is in loss and vice-versa...). How can we make EA detect the direction of the graph?
Pls. help me. I'm beginner. [code] int start() { OrderSelect(Symbol(),OP_BUY,0.05,Ask,0,Ask-150*Point,Ask+15*Point,NULL,0,0,NULL); } [/code] I want to use the price which the select function buy for the next order. How can I do that?
[Deleted]
I'd like to learn MQL4 in order to program automated trading systems. However, I like to read manuals and tutorials on paper, and I prefer to print a pdf file. However, I have not been able to find such pdf file, but only chm and html code. Where can I find such documentation? I program VBA
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published a new article "The 6th Week of the Championship: A Sudden Rush to the Top". The Championship is in its middle now, while the leader is the same - bobsley. However the distance between him and the second place is the minimal...
Hi All I am using the following piece of code to read data from a text file sample data : 1.2345,1.4321,1.6545 1.7654,1.4432.1.6535 1.6556,1.5642,1.3645 The problem I have is that the code will not read any thing after the point so all it is returning is 1 for every piece of data. Does anyone know...
Hello any body here knows how to make an indicator shows the direction of the market in separate window depending on MAs cross!! Foe examole if i will use 18 and 9 MAs if 9 cross over 18 it gives me Blue bars at the histogram and if 9 down it gives me Red taking in cosediration that all bars of
I have an indicator which will alert when two moving averages cross. It plays an alert sound and sends an email. The indicator works very well, with just one exception; once the alert has been triggered, it keeps repeating the same alert over and over again. For example, if I use it on a 15 minute
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                          ZIG ZAG NON REPAINT.mq4 |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property copyright "Copyright©2010"#property link      ""#property...
[Deleted]
for example, I set OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE on position time[10], how can I get the OBJ_TRENDBYANGLE's value from the position time[0]?
Hi there, would you help me to fix this EA, is a simple EA in which you enter 2 prices, into a uptrend waiting for the bounce, the first is the level touch and the second one above the confirmation level necessary to open an order, but unfortunatelly doesn't open any order ?? Thank you in advance...
So I'm trying to write this as an indicator first. I want to be able to use the current daily Moving Average as a trade signal but it doesn't seem to be giving me the correct results. Any ideas on what I need to change to get this to work? Thanks
[Deleted]
Is there any possibility of MetaTrader4 Mobile being offered on another OS besides Windows anytime soon? Will it work with the new Windows 7 OS for phones? Thank you.
  iCustom help  (6)
Hi all, I need help to call indicator ST(attached) with function iCustom, the idea is using this indicator in an expert advisor. I see the syntax is the following: Function iCustom() double iCustom(string symbol, int timeframe, string name, ..., int mode, int shift) but I have problems to fill it...
[Deleted]
  EA coding  (1)
Please, if anyone can make an EA based on this indicator. It is a very good one. E-mail me at ivn56stn@yahoo.com
[Deleted]
Hi, I have an existing indicator where I added a new bool extern variable. For some reason when I change it when the indicator is running, the code still thinks it is the default value of when it was declared. There is nothing in my code that changes the variable state. I am only reading it. Also,...