Historical fx data for metatrader

hi folks,

i am currently working on a paper for which i need historical fx data.

oanda provides these data:

http://www.oanda.com/currency/historical-rates/

i am trying to do some analysis via metatrader and i actually thought by downloading the MT4 from oanda, i could use the historical rates in MT4, but i can't.

is there a way to implement historical rates, especially from pairs that are not listed in oandas metatrader ( like USDISK or the old USDDEM)

i could do this via excel as well, but i need at least high and low rates on daily basis, starting 1990. i cant find these data on the oanda website given above.

many thanks in advance!

ron

...or is there a better site providing historical fx data?

Try dukascopy

http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/english/data_feed/historical/

Their data is of a better quality then oanda in my opinion =]

Happy trading!

hi. thanks for your reply!

dukascopy doesn't have all the pairs i need.

for my paper i require currencies against the USD from the following countries:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Euro, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ice- land, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom.

most importantly, i require daily HIGH and LOW rates (oanda only provides the close rates)

many thanks!

ron

By the way - i won't need the data for MT4 anymore.... only for EXCEL

Ron12:

hi. thanks for your reply!

dukascopy doesn't have all the pairs i need.

for my paper i require currencies against the USD from the following countries:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Euro, Finland, France, Germany, Greece,

Finland, France, Germany, Greece, are all Euro . . . as are Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, etc I think you may have to pay for the data you need.

i know, but as i require data from the 90s (better 80s), i would like to include them as well.

Ron12:
i know, but as i require data from the 90s (better 80s), i would like to include them as well.
Well you aren't going to find that data on a Forex platform, what use is the FFr going to be for anyone currently trading the Euro ?

i hope your paper isnt due any time soon, 30 years data for all those currencies will be gazillions of gigabytes to download

SDC:
i hope your paper isnt due any time soon, 30 years data for all those currencies will be gazillions of gigabytes to download
Not just for D1 data
Reason: