General - page 1956

MetaTrader 4. Build 165. 1. Updated data pumping; 2. Updated array reinitialization in MQL programs; 3. Increased pumping time of closed charts up to 30 minutes; 4. Added DRAW_NONE drawing style for custom indicator. You can see an examples in Accelerator.mq4 and Awesome.mq4 custom...
*Is there any User Guide for 1a_bivot? *Is this based on Leonardo Fibonacci's retracements? *Does this adjust itself after a period of time when left to run for many periods? *I deactivated the 1a pivot EA, its still there.
I'm looking to get Yesterday's open price. In the following: yesterday_close = CLOSE[cnt+1]; yesterday_open = OPEN[cnt+1]; today_open = OPEN[cnt]; OPEN[cnt+1] doesn't give me it. I'm confused. Here's the basic PP code, that's templated across most PP indicators. var: cnt(0)...
Hello, Can I change the color of an indicator in the code? For example I have an indicator that goes from 1 to -1 and I would like it to be blue for == 1 and red for == -1 Thanks EK
  data feed down?  (5)
is the datafeed for mt4 beta accounts down for everyone else currently?
Hello, Using MT4 I open an Order at 1.29.04, then I modify the Order and press the button for Modidy Take Profit for 5 points and it copy the wrong value 1.2888 as you see in the account history: Ticket Open Time Type Lots Item Price S/L T/P Close Time Price Commission R/O...
First, how can I submit a very simple example of how to use a DLL in MT4? The example is written in assembly and displays the T3 moving average using a simple moving average filter. I believe another individual stated having the same problem, but I would like to make sure the issue is addressed in...
There's a missing feature in mql4. Although in my opinion that the mql4 grammar is beutifully written. it tend's to deal with arrays explicitly. Many programmer's prefer to build custom classes to store and manage there data so that it's highly structured. You can't do that with array's. Mql4...
can you add Kagi, Renko, Three Line Break chart in MT?
  No Connection  (1)
Russ here. The client terminal is not connecting. The application reports "connect failed[6]". What does that mean?
Is there somewhere a complete list of brokers using MT3.xx/4.0 ? Thks
Well what ever you did in build 164 some of my indicators have now died I never had an issue with the following function before I use the ArrayCopyRates function and from that I make some calulations to draw objectlines e.g pivot lines. The error I get is as follows: 02:09:34 Pivots Daily...
I'm currently using Build 162. When I re-launch MT it starts a live update for Build 164. At the completion of the update, I do not receive a dialog box to "update and restart." Instead, the liveupdate dialog simply disappears. The result is that I stay at Build 162 and do not update...
Hi, I've noticed that the timestamp for the log files produced by MetaTrader is the local time and the timestamp for the chart bars, "account history" tab etc is the server time . Is this deliberate? If not, are there any plans to change this in the near future? The reason I ask is that I'm
Hello, Does anyone know how to check if an account is a Mini or Regular in an Expert Advisor? Is there a system variable I can use? Thanks for any help, Ed
MetaTrader 4. Build 164. 1. In MQL4 added iBars() function; 2. Updated array reinitialisation in MQL programs; 3. Updated "Market Watch" window operation; 4. Added Polish language; 5. Updated global variables deleting in dialogue; 6. Added confirmation of script removing by timeframe changing; 7. In...
When switching timeframes a windows pops up in MT4 saying "Out of memory error" This is after updating to build 163. No problems with my computer. Rebooted. Still not working.
Has anybody converted the following to MT4 format? /*[[ Name := Pivot Daily Author := Copyright © 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp. Link := Groups.yahoo.com Separate Window := No First Color := Blue First Draw Type := Line First Symbol := 217 Use Second Data := Yes Second Color :=...
I want to make a programe in MQL4,but it doesn't work. please give me a programe. thanks!
  histograms  (1)
what is the maximum amount of histograms allowed in an indicator? can you plot one histogram on top of another?
What's new in MT4 Build 162??
I don't know if you notice this or not. There seems to be a BIG problem with MetaTrader 4 Terminal erasing .ex4 files with no .mq4 source after getting a Live Update (and some cases without getting updated). Please fix this bug urgently as it is an extremely critical issue to have the...
In Meta Trader 3 , can i set the time on the Market Watch to NYT or GMT ?
Please help...i want to add the code of moving average (9) line of rsi into rsi(14).. how to do that ... if have the code of RSI's KD..is better..thankyou
  Email Help  (8)
I am trying to set up a daily email alert. This is the code that I am using. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| expert start function | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int...
MetaTrader 4. Build 161. 1. In MQL4 added UninitializeReason(), IsConnected() functions; 2. In MQL4 added iTime(), iOpen(), iClose(), iHigh(), iLow(), iVolume() new functions; 3. Updated the expert initialization after recompilation; 4. At opening a file on writing in a nonexistent subdirectory...
Friday 1030am EST. Datafeed seems to be down.
Does MT3 have If Then Else If statement? I am trying something like this if Index >= TestValue then { } Else if Index <= TestValue then { } Now Normally I would just make 2 If Then sections of Code like this if Index >= TestValue then { } If Index <= TestValue then { } But the problem...
Is it posible to close half of the order instead of having two orders and close one of them. Example: An expert script opened position with 1lot, if profit is 50pips I want to close 0,5lots and leave the other 0,5lots running.
So I made a little mistake when analysing data witht he Nasdaq mostly, (it also kinda works with the EUR/USD). Anywho I was playing around with the pivot points and what I found was this. The mistake I made was taking data from Yahoo Finance which gave me the data backwards from how my table was set...