MakeGrid - page 2

KayLaw

I don’t really understand what you mean by re-fill your orders? This is happening automatically as makegrid placing pending orders continuously and execute them when the price rich the right level. I do not trade with this system on Monday mornings as you cant really get any reliable signals from indicators etc. When the market sort of decide which direction the pair will go today I start the EA short for bearish and long for bullish and that’s all. You just have to keep eye on the trend because as you know you cant trust any signals or indicators in 100%. Also I always stop the ea about 4-5 pm and cancel all pending orders and start again next day about 8-9am. That’s my way of using this system, maybe not the easiest one and not the most efficient but its working for me.

About the installation you have to compile the files and place them in you MT expert advisors directory, for more info about that just read the help files in MT they are very easy to understa much easy than my dodgy english ;o)

Sorry for spelling and grammar, English is my second lang.

Thanks

Hi aleksd,

Thanks for your quick reponses. May be I don't understand your system fully, I think I need to read this thread again for better understanding and try it on my demo account.

Thanks.

KayLaw

Here are my results for 2yrs backtesting 90% Model quality, TF 1H, Euro/USD

Ive made some adjustments to MG such that it doesnt open so many trades. Mine is a very conservative approach..thus modest profits .... I only used 0.1 Lots on a 10K accnt. $10 Take Profit.

Pls see attachment. I believe the Profit factor of 159.78 (1H) is encouraging, but have not forward tested this EA yet. Ill do so and update here later.

Ive also attached the chart of the 4H test, also 2yrs, 90%model quality. The total profit is higher and a MUCH tighter equity curve at 4H TF..its at virtually zero equity DD most of the time. Again, Forward testing is incomplete.

Will update later.

Re-order

Hi aleksd,

I traded your system last week and is very encouraging, My little suggestion is that your system need to be re-ordering immediately any order that takes profit. This will place you in a position of making more profits when price swings forth and back or at a retracement.

Imagine Eur/Usd short order of entry price @1.2670 that T/P @ 1.2660, you stand another chance of making a second profit if price swing back or retrace to 1.2690 as your re-order will trip off again @ 1.2670 and take a second profit @ 1.2660 when price resume it downward movement. Think of what will happen in a sideways or a volitile market.

Just curious, why do you spaced your Grid with 6 pips?. Sometimes your Ea's works and don't. Like yesterday, it worked when I look a short position on Eru/Usd and made profit, but when price changed direction and I tried to go long it does't work. May be I'm missing something.

Please Pardon my spellings and other errors as english is my second lang.

Here is the MakeGrid i have modified and have been using for awhile now. For my live account i have only run it on EURJPY and GBPJPY. It works very well and i have also used in on other pairs but only in Demo Accounts. I also left notes inside the EA for everyone to notice how i use it if anyone is interested.

Please note, i designed the RiskFraction (Very simple code) portion of the code for IBFX and the use of there Micro Mini Lots for Standard account. If you are on an IBFX or test out on Mini account for IBFX just remove the decimal point.

If you plan on testing for other brokers please adjust the RiskFraction code or remove the code. Lines 443 - 444 (also noted inside the EA).

Basically in this MakeGrid EA i sperated out all the Buys and Sells from eachother so you can set things seperatly.

Spider~

Files:

which indicator do you recommend to follow the trend?

How to set the MakeGrid EA like this ?

Hi all,

Can anyone show me how to set the MakeGrid EA so that when my position reach +160 pips, it will automatically place a Stop Loss at + 100 pips to make ALL of my positions ALWAY close at +100 pips.

Please note that I DON'T want it to Trailing my profit +100 pips, +120 pips, +140 pips, etc... I just want it to place a stop loss at +100 pips when it reachs to the point +160 pips.

I just want to test using metal Trailing stop instead of the regular one. I am willing to pay for this if anyone can add this function in the EA.

Thanks!

Spider4896:
Here is the MakeGrid i have modified and have been using for awhile now. For my live account i have only run it on EURJPY and GBPJPY. It works very well and i have also used in on other pairs but only in Demo Accounts. I also left notes inside the EA for everyone to notice how i use it if anyone is interested.

Please note, i designed the RiskFraction (Very simple code) portion of the code for IBFX and the use of there Micro Mini Lots for Standard account. If you are on an IBFX or test out on Mini account for IBFX just remove the decimal point.

If you plan on testing for other brokers please adjust the RiskFraction code or remove the code. Lines 443 - 444 (also noted inside the EA).

Basically in this MakeGrid EA i sperated out all the Buys and Sells from eachother so you can set things seperatly.

Spider~

I can't seem to compile it when saving the EA. There is "}" error or missing somewhere. Could send fix version

Here ya go...

Files:
Reason: