MakeGrid - page 4

Spider4896:
Updated Results as of Friday Close.... Spider~

Hi Spider,

Thanks for posting the testing result. It's really nice. Could you tell us how do you trade MakeGrid EA? How do you handle the accumulating open trades? I tried this EA last time. Then, after seeing it has so many floating trades to maintain the grid, I was afraid it won't survive with my existing balance. Could you tell us more about this?

Thanks mate.

Cheers,

wibitiens:
Hi Spider,

Thanks for posting the testing result. It's really nice. Could you tell us how do you trade MakeGrid EA? How do you handle the accumulating open trades? I tried this EA last time. Then, after seeing it has so many floating trades to maintain the grid, I was afraid it won't survive with my existing balance. Could you tell us more about this?

Thanks mate.

Cheers,

*All personal thoughts on use of system*

Hi wibitiens,

Your right there is a trick to using the MakeGrid system. One thing you must notice right off hand that this system was not really designed for long term use on one pair in both directions. Awhile back this used to be the main use for News day trades. Some ppl still use it as such from what i hear, but not so many with all the new systems out designed for News day to make more profit. There also have been many updates to this system using different indicators but all have not shown use for long term use on single pairs.

Since last year many ppl have been using the system as a hedging EA. Such as on the EURUSD/USDCHF or GBPJPY/CHFJPY and many others. This is the best long term use of the EA and makes good use of the EA.

Some key points you have to know about the EA is that it will consume your margin if not managed properly. (Not managed on a daily basis but weekly)

Also important is the spacing needed between the trades and the TP for each trade. Basically you have to make the whole thing balance out between the profit that your getting to the trades that are opening up. ALSO each size of the trade compared to the size of the account.

Take for instance my current trades...for the EURUSD/USDCHF there almost equal to each other so you can have the same settings on each. Only using a single MA to control when trades open up such as charts on H1 with a MA50.

For the GBPUSD/GBPJPY being very volatile pairs you have to give more thought to the space and TP. For me my spacing between trades on the GBPJPY are further apart than the GBPUSD but makes a mix to look almost equal when the system is trading so not to tip the balance.

There are many other combinations out there and use for this system, but the main point is to find the middle area between them so you can balance everything out.

*Again all personal thoughts on the system*

Hope all this makes some sense...

Spider~

Spider4896:
*All personal thoughts on use of system*

There are many other combinations out there and use for this system, but the main point is to find the middle area between them so you can balance everything out.

*Again all personal thoughts on the system*

Hope all this makes some sense...

Spider~

Spider,

Thanks very much for your thorough explanation. I don't really understand for now but I will try to figure out what you mean. However, I am strongly agree with you that trading this kind of system need careful space and margin management. I need to do some homework for this system

Thanks mate.

Cheers,

Yes, margin is very important for grids. One of the things you can do is hedge so you have equal buys/sells around support and resistance levels. Of course you loose some on the hedge but in the long run its worth it.

3 Grids

I am using the old MakeGrid193 EA on 3 different currency pairs, what I need is Global Dollar Take profit from the equity change of the 3 EA's and Global Dollar Stop Loss.

Eg the 3 ea's reach a profit target all 3 shut down and reopen new grids.

Thanks in advance

Z

Files:
makegrid193.mq4  28 kb

try this for equity close

Mid-week results so far...

Spider~

Files:
makegrid_3.htm  183 kb

Can a programmer fix this problem in EA?

I use the Makegrid EA but it has a problem when you set it to take profit and close the positions it closes all positions including pending orders. It then starts the grid all over again but then deletes all pending orders and then starts the grid again and then deletes them instantly again. It seems to be in some sort of infinite loop. I was wondering if a programmer could look at it and fix the loop problem and only close the active orders when profit limit is reached for all open orders. It does not neccesarily have to keep restarting the grid, just close open orders when profit level is reached and keep the pending orders (grid) in tact. The EA is attached.

Thanks

Kevin

Files:

Here is my testing result of makegrid ea for almost a week. However I closed it already.

Cheers,

Files:
makegrid.htm  72 kb
makegrid.gif  5 kb

Hi all,

Sorry for being away for so long. I have been working on other items for some time. I will start back up the grid system today and begin to post results again for those wanting to see results on this system.

(Just found my inbox full based for questions on this system)

Thanks!

Spider~

Reason: