MakeGrid - page 8

MakeGrid193 still working?

I'm trying to run some tests with MakeGrid193 (attached), and I can't get it to open any trades in a demo account earlier today, nor in the backtester. I have the gridActive boolean as true, as well as "wantLongs" and "wantShorts" also set to true. The log doesn't show any errors or anything, but I can't seem to open any trades with this thing. Have there been MT4 upgrades that stopped this from working in the past few years (wasn't active in forex for a few years there).

I'm having similar problems with v197 as well (also attached). I can get other experts to run without problem, so at least I know my platform is working (running in a VM...I don't run windows).

Has anyone experienced this before (and hopefully figured out why )

Files:

Hi mrebersv,

I moved your post to this thread with EAs and with trades.

May be - something with ecn/stp no-hedge?

You can read few pages of the thread to see what the other people did for example.

mrebersv:
I'm trying to run some tests with MakeGrid193 (attached), and I can't get it to open any trades in a demo account earlier today, nor in the backtester. I have the gridActive boolean as true, as well as "wantLongs" and "wantShorts" also set to true. The log doesn't show any errors or anything, but I can't seem to open any trades with this thing. Have there been MT4 upgrades that stopped this from working in the past few years (wasn't active in forex for a few years there).

I'm having similar problems with v197 as well (also attached). I can get other experts to run without problem, so at least I know my platform is working (running in a VM...I don't run windows).

Has anyone experienced this before (and hopefully figured out why )

for MakeGrid193: Turn switch wantBreakout=true for open orders expert. (Default wantBreakout=false)

for MakeGrid v197: for 5 digits broker use this version makegrid_v1974and5digits.mq4

Hey, guys. Thanks for the help.

Newdigital: It's not the no-hedge thing, since other EAs I'm testing will successfully have multiple longs and shorts simultaneously open, but thanks.

PANNEK: Thanks for the suggestion, but still not working on 193. Same problem with the 197 you've provided with the 5-digit fix.

I've had it work several years ago, so I guess it's time to dig in the code and see why this isn't working. I'll add a bit of logging and will probably figure it out.

Just got v197 working. I'll start looking at 193 later. Thanks for the help guys.

Hi mrebersv,

I did not test any of those versions sorry ...

I think - it is something with ECN ...

your broker is IBFX or any of the US?

EA versions are here which you uploaded https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173459/page5 right?

I will ask someone to help.

mrebersv:
Just got v197 working. I'll start looking at 193 later. Thanks for the help guys.

Mrebersv, will take a look at it and see if i can help.

No worries, guys. I got v197 working and coded in the extras I wanted. Thanks for offering your help, but I'm good at the moment. Just testing.

Reason: