(FPI) predictive price - page 5

My Version of FPI ea

Hi all,

I happen to see this thread about FPI. Last week I took sometimes to write an ea using FPI method after reading about FPI at Michal Kreslik website at http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=307&highlight=fpi

Then, I found this thread by Nicholishen. Thanks Nicholishen for the FPI - Price Predictive ea

Anyway, here I post my version of FPI ea. I tried to forward testing, but the result is still not perfect. At the moment the ea only works for EURUSD, EURGBP, and GBPUSD pairs. If you want other pairs, you need to change it from the code. It works by calculating the FPI value, then wait until it reach the lowest FPI. Once the lowest FPI reached, the ea will open trade for each pairs (3 trades). Then, it will wait until Target Profit reached, then close all trade.

I am not sure if my coding is right. However, just give it a try. Enjoy

Files:

FPI As Indicator

Could this FPI be made to a indicator and not A EA

toddanderson:
Could this FPI be made to a indicator and not A EA

Hi Todd,

FPI is calculated in real time. You must grab the 3 prices from 3 currency pair at the same to be able to calculate the correct FPI. That's why I said my version of FPI ea is not perfect because I am not sure if I got all the prices at the same time since there is always delay in metatrader server. So, if it is made as an indicator, I think it will be so inaccurate since one bar represent a particular time of prices (1 minute, 5 minute, etc). So, how do we calculate the correct FPI?

Anyway, I found this in my harddrive call FPI Indicator. Hope you can make use of it

Cheers,

Files:

wibitiens:
Hi Todd,

FPI is calculated in real time. You must grab the 3 prices from 3 currency pair at the same to be able to calculate the correct FPI. That's why I said my version of FPI ea is not perfect because I am not sure if I got all the prices at the same time since there is always delay in metatrader server. So, if it is made as an indicator, I think it will be so inaccurate since one bar represent a particular time of prices (1 minute, 5 minute, etc). So, how do we calculate the correct FPI?

Anyway, I found this in my harddrive call FPI Indicator. Hope you can make use of it

Cheers,

it theory it is virtually impossible to lost money with this system. I love it, because it is so perfect (again in theory) so I am working about two years to develop best strategy. But I always fail to execute trades in real time effectively. So, I was very happy when I found this thread on forum. I have downloaded your EA and tested it for 12 hrs. Great work, thakn you very much! ok 12 hrs are very short time frame for testing. But in this time I had two trades one of which ended in a loss. If we agree, that in theory it is impossible to lost then we must say that there is some bug in the ea. I cant say what, because I am not a programmer. But I think it is worth to invest our energy in the further technical development of these two ea-s. Once achieving the goal, there will be no better (in logical terms) system on the market, I am sure in that.

Sinnerman:
it theory it is virtually impossible to lost money with this system. I love it, because it is so perfect (again in theory) so I am working about two years to develop best strategy. But I always fail to execute trades in real time effectively. So, I was very happy when I found this thread on forum. I have downloaded your EA and tested it for 12 hrs. Great work, thakn you very much! ok 12 hrs are very short time frame for testing. But in this time I had two trades one of which ended in a loss. If we agree, that in theory it is impossible to lost then we must say that there is some bug in the ea. I cant say what, because I am not a programmer. But I think it is worth to invest our energy in the further technical development of these two ea-s. Once achieving the goal, there will be no better (in logical terms) system on the market, I am sure in that.

It's good to hear that you can make it work Just play around with it and see the best TP value before it's gone again. I tried this system last time but don't know why the equity lost (not final lost) keep increasing. It's like the price keep slipping little by little, and finally I thought that it was impossible to return to break even. May be this is because the imperfection of the sending order or the broker itself.

Please let me know any result you get. Thanks mate

Best,

wibitiens:
It's good to hear that you can make it work Just play around with it and see the best TP value before it's gone again. I tried this system last time but don't know why the equity lost (not final lost) keep increasing. It's like the price keep slipping little by little, and finally I thought that it was impossible to return to break even. May be this is because the imperfection of the sending order or the broker itself.

Please let me know any result you get. Thanks mate

Best,

Indeed that is because of broker. Yes, equity loss is widening for some time but later it is returneing to the profit level. But you are right, we have to be careful because of this occurence. In theory that cannot happen. Again broker is logical explanation for that, because eqity loss widdening is never exceeding 5 - 10 pips.

I am runnign your ea on two metratrader trading platforms and both of them produce different results. But as long as we close positions in an overall profit, it is not so important . Well we have to deal with problems in real time, with problems which does not occure in theory. I will deffinitly test your ea for a longer time, because I am obessed with such kind of trading strategy and I will provide forward testing results to you.

Sinnerman:
Indeed that is because of broker. Yes, equity loss is widening for some time but later it is returneing to the profit level. But you are right, we have to be careful because of this occurence. In theory that cannot happen. Again broker is logical explanation for that, because eqity loss widdening is never exceeding 5 - 10 pips. I am runnign your ea on two metratrader trading platforms and both of them produce different results. But as long as we close positions in an overall profit, it is not so important . Well we have to deal with problems in real time, with problems which does not occure in theory. I will deffinitly test your ea for a longer time, because I am obessed with such kind of trading strategy and I will provide forward testing results to you.

Thanks Sinnerman for testing my ea. Please let me know the result in longer time.

About the test that I was running last time, at first it always came back to positive profit, however after several trades, it stuck and started to loose. The lost kept increasing little by little and after one week, there was no change, so finally I closed it. Hopefully with your testing we can find the problem and start new and re-improve the ea.

Cheers,

If you sell 1 lot eurusd and buy 1 lot eurgbp you have to buy only 0.67 lots gbpusd (at current ratio) to have an impeccable hedge, otherwise you'll be exposed by 0.33 lots, and may incur in a loss or in a gain.

This is because if you buy 1 lot eurgbp you are selling 67000 gbp to get 100000 eur, so only 0.67 lot gbpusd are enough to balance eurgbp position.

That is the bug.

crazyfx:
If you sell 1 lot eurusd and buy 1 lot eurgbp you have to buy only 0.67 lots gbpusd (at current ratio) to have an impeccable hedge, otherwise you'll be exposed by 0.33 lots, and may incur in a loss or in a gain.

This is because if you buy 1 lot eurgbp you are selling 67000 gbp to get 100000 eur, so only 0.67 lot gbpusd are enough to balance eurgbp position.

That is the bug.

Thanks Crazyfx. I didn't realize it before. Ok, I'll try it again and let you know the result later.

Cheers,

wibitiens:
Hi Todd,

Cheers,

Attached it to chart but nothing shows up

Reason: