General - page 1873

How to auto re-create a pending order same as the previous order completed by take profit. Any Sample Code ? Thanks Matt
Someone please help, I have not been successfull in adding any new indicators to metatrader program since last two builds have been sent. I dont understand. Interbank customer service says I need mq4 and exe files now to make them work Where do i get exe files for indicators I have downloaded? They...
  Metatrader times  (2)
Hi..could someone help me? Are Metatrader charts updated in EST? or some other time standard? I am trading in Johannesburg..South Africa Thanks Guy Braun
  Close all orders  (2)
hi I need the code in expirt to close all orders I wrote this cood but its not working ... any one help me in this plzzzzzzzzz. ??? ------------- for (int j=0; j<OrdersTotal(); j++) { OrderSelect(j, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); OrderPrint(); if ( OrderType() == OP_BUY ) { OrderClose(OrderTicket()...
Has the latest release of MetaQuotes had the backtesting feature enabled/repaired? If not do you guys have an idea when a working version will be released?
  Self-teaching EA  (25   1 2 3)
Read this http://forum.viac.ru/viewtopic.php?t=3746
  Multi-Lots  (14   1 2)
Another EA that I have been testing. It uses a theory of increasing lots to scale into positions and closes all positions at a level of profit specified by the user. I know there are several EAs that use this multi-lot theory. This one was written by Alejandro Galindo of elcactus.com. Other people...
Hi, I have a problem with a custom indicator where I need to manually refresh it (opening up its properties, and clicking "ok") every few bars, just to refresh it. Anyone know of a line of code or something to make it refresh itself? thanks
This is an idea which might be useful. On property sheets, when you are asked to input an enumerant as a value the user can often be left guessing as to what it means. As an alternative to displaying numbers, why not make a drop down list display from which the user can make a selection. This would...
  Hikkake Pattern  (3)
the links: http://www.charttricks.com/Resources/Articles/chesler0404.pdf http://www.charttricks.com/Resources/Articles/TechAnalyst_Nov04.pdf http://www.charttricks.com/Resources/Articles/hikkake_example.htm
I've been testing out this indicator.. it seems to be very promising.. but I do notice one problem that I'm hoping someone else has corrected. Sometimes, I notice that the latest signal doesnt update automatically.. I find myself having to refresh the chart manually or change timeframes then change...
Hello, Why do we have to wait until price changes before the start() function is executued? The program should be running all the time. I mean the start() function should be executing from start to finish all the time and not wait until price changes. I have tried using the RefreshRates() function...
I have just written and designed a custom indicator to display Camarilla levels, but I am a little disappointed with the result. I would like to be able to display the Camarilla levels for each day (on any intraday chart i.e. Period<D1) as a series of discontinuous lines. My idea is this: use...
New updated MetaTrader 4 build 190 has been released. What's new: 1. Fixed expert initialization in some cases. 2. Fixed freemargin calculation after new order opening. 3. Fixed modelling quality calculation. 4. Fixed Balance chart of Detailed Statement. 5. Added "Runtime errors" topic in...
Is it possible to run more than one instance of Metatrader at the same time on one computer?
Hi, Can anyone take a look over this indicator and fix it? It contains the EasyLanguage code /* */, so for a programmer it won't be so hard. I tried to "translate" the code for MT4 myself but it doesn't work. I'm really bad at programming. I have seen this indicator on some charts and it's very
Hi, I think I've messed up here somewhere! 'static' - semicolon expected C:\PROGRAM FILES\METATRADER 4\experts\My_First_EA.mq4 (42, 7) Also, 'First_time' - variable not defined C:\PROGRAM FILES\METATRADER 4\experts\My_First_EA.mq4 (50, 7) I tried over the weekend to sort this out but went from two...
I have a stupid question from a pupil forex. I've nticed that the same pairs act the same way, for example EURUSD is UPTREND at the same time EURCHF is UPTREND and you can guess USDCHF is DWONTREND Am I dreaming or wat? Are there any Expert Advisor noticed that and took it to a work?
Hi, Is it possible to create a trial version of an EA (for example make it run for 30 days only? Also can it be bound to a particular account number on MT platform to only work on that account number?
  Out Side Inside  (9)
i would like to know if someone have one idicator who paint the inside or outside bar?sorry for my english
  Renko indicator and TLB  (11   1 2)
Hi All my freinds where can I get this indicator that shown this image . Renko and TLB indicator fot mt4 . plz help me . . tanx a lot best regards Arastoo
  Expert Question and Expert  (24   1 2 3)
I been writing this EA //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Eurobuy.mq4 | //| https://www.forex-tsd.com |...
Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for adding some EA code that will only trade certain times of the day. What is recommended as the better times of the day to trade? Does it depend on the pair you are trading? Many thanks
I watched a video course using the EZ2 wave..anybody know what the MT4 equivalent is? The wave is in this PDF. LINK THANKS
Hi all, when creating a new account, I could not see the MetaQuotes Demo Server from the picklist. Hence, I could not create an account with MetaQuotes. The installation file came from the download section of MetaQuotes. Instead, I see InterbankFX because previously I have installed their version...
  Aroon Indicator  (64   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
hello traders, i want aroon indicator and how to use aroon indicator please tell me. regards, k.n.v
  Trading Times  (3)
Just a small question involving what times of the day is there most movement? What are the different opening times that are the best for trendiing movment? In CET please.
Is there some place we can download slightly older versions of MT4? I am trying to get my hands on both build 186 and 188 to test some expert advsiors and see what differences there are between them and the most recent 190 in the testing results.
  Breakpoints  (1)
Hi When are we going to be able to debug our EA's with breakpoints and watch windows? So that we can see the variable while in backtesting ? Writing variables to file is getting so tedious.
  Emini S&P 500?  (1)
Can anyone tell me how I can plot a chart of the E-mini S&P 500 in MetaTrader? I know that I probably have to use off-line chart, but if someone to get me started it would be a great help. Thanks so much, Erik