how to activate automated trade

Hi,

I have been trying to write a script which automatically puts in trades but I am only able to get trades where I first have to confirm them. I have searched the rest of the forum to try and find the right information btu at no success, if this topic exists then my apologies for this post.

Cheers,
Gee

why script? and why not an expert?

Hi,

I have been trying to write a script which automatically puts in trades but I am only able to get trades where I first have to confirm them. I have searched the rest of the forum to try and find the right information btu at no success, if this topic exists then my apologies for this post.

Cheers,
Gee

Yepp, an Expert Advisor (EA) would be your best bet. Basically EA is what they called autotrading. Those are written in MQL4 language.

But all in all, I'd suggest you to hit www.forex-tsd.com forum, in case you'd like some EA's or help writing them.

Best regards,
Dia'.

Thanks for the replies, I checked out the website but I was not able to find the specific answer. I am using this "OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,1000,Bid,3,O,Bid-(O*Point-Bid),"Bearish",255,0,CLR_NONE);" to automatically open trades but I am asked to confirm instead. I am using an expert advisor.

Thanks for the replies, I checked out the website but I was not able to find the specific answer. I am using this "OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,1000,Bid,3,O,Bid-(O*Point-Bid),"Bearish",255,0,CLR_NONE);" to automatically open trades but I am asked to confirm instead. I am using an expert advisor.

Does your broker allow you to set an order with size of 1000?!!!
Becareful of your profit part of the ordersetting--->Bid-(O*Point-Bid)

Instead of the order size, the rest looks fine and must execute your orders automatically,

Does your broker allow you to set an order with size of 1000?!!!
Becareful of your profit part of the ordersetting--->Bid-(O*Point-Bid)

Instead of the order size, the rest looks fine and must execute your orders automatically,

First, Bid-(O*Point-Bid) == 2*Bid, not 0 : strange for a TP...
Second, be sure that "O" is zero, and not the letter "O", as it seems to be ....

Yes I realised that was a bit strange for the TP i've fixed it now. Got it up and running now, thanks for the help
Reason: