(FPI) predictive price - page 7

Why set the lots to 4/2/1? I still can not understand this. I think 1/1/0.67 is the right rate with the lowest risk. If the 4 lots' position keep losing, that's a big amount that the other 2 positions can not cover it! If we can't lower the risk to the minimun, that's not a good hedge system, right?

Not classic hedge for sure

Suncarrot - You are correct, the 4/2/1 numbers are not a classic or ideal hedge ratio.

However, if we were to add a "reliable" trend indicator(s) to comfortably indicate the trend (assuming we stand clear in a whipsaw/sideways market) - we can up the primary pair lots and have a good chance of positive pips with partial risk coverage in the tertiary pairs.

Lets not forget, the maximizing of the ring pairs lever & pulley latency from other

larger market players helping us out and hunting down that total profit number.

In a trending market, I personally found the the FPI a great positive pip pump.

Can anyone add their idea's to the "to-do" list - form there we can identify the best way forward; and perhaps a keen MQL coder may step into the fray ?

How about combining the FPI and the HAS system from Steinz?

take profit???

I used this EA last night in EUR/USD every thing look good but it didn't order a take profit automatic so today with the downtrend I lost the good position I had..

where could I adjust the take profit and what this prefix meen??

LoFPI

HiFPI

thanks and regards

vmartins:
I used this EA last night in EUR/USD every thing look good but it didn't order a take profit automatic so today with the downtrend I lost the good position I had..

where could I adjust the take profit and what this prefix meen??

LoFPI

HiFPI

thanks and regards

Hi vmartins,

Profit made by this ea is very short time. It will reach 20-60 pips, but only stay for a few seconds. So, you need to set the TakeProfit variable as you wish. For instance 20 pips or 10 pips for faster. The thing that I still don't really know is how to make sure that we are on the right position to enter. From what I learnt from Kreslik page, it depends on the FPI value. Well ... you can set it from the parameter, but sometimes it always slipped and getting worse. Maybe anybody can give a little suggestion? Thanks.

Cheers,

Zassax2:
How about combining the FPI and the HAS system from Steinz?

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by combining FPI and HAS since FPI is hedging system and HAS is trend system. Could you explain further please? Thanks.

Cheers,

Is anyone still using this EA

Is anyone still using this EA ?

Could you give your settings you are using

lots sizes take profit

I have had the auto take profit not work, i get the popup saying all

position closing but they do not close

Hi:

Thanks for sharing EA with us, none programmers.

This is awesome!

One quick question. Why your lot size were modifed to 4/2/1? Any reason?

If trade per your default settings, shouldn't it be out of balance, thus, it will not be a perfect ring?

Also, could this EA can be used on IBFX mini account?

getdown71:
All,

I have seen good results from the FPI EA. (over 1500 USD [simulation] during GBP/USD down trend last night)

I have made a couple of mods from the orginal.

A) The ring arrangement was changed slightly and the lots were modified to 4/2/1

B) I also made a forked version for Yen - With the Japanese trying to minimise their USD dependancy thru the EUR, this ring has also performed well IMHO.

C) Upped the target profit to 100.

My thoughts on the to do list;

1) Add a "long" routine in addition to the already "short" routine. (we need to identify the trend with some accuracy - perhaps TRIX or FX Sniper CCI indicators could help out here)

2) Add SL for all positions. (total profit is the real TP)

3) Use magic number to identify the positions and the total profit, and ultimately target position closure once the total profit has been reached.

4) Money management. (low priority for now)

Lets get this FPI EA enhancement rolling, as I think it has much promise!

Later,

GD71 (MQL coding newbie sorry to report)

Lots = 4/2/1

This change was done for 2 reasons.

1. Some brokers don't support micro lots (not whole numbers)

2. Bias was put onto the primary pair; then once a clear trend is established, the entry can be buy or sell of the ring. ("buy or sell" terms being relative to the primary pair)

how can i use it in mini account???

i am using FPI_wibitiens_v0.2_ModRingandLots.mq4

Reason: