Funny EA with funny profits

Hi!

Just for the sake of having some fun, i made this little ea.

Note:

DONT TRADE THIS EA, AS IT'S BASED ON RANDOMNESS.

Take a look at some funny results at http://www.juanchoc.com.ar/randomstrategy.htm

Cya.

And yet, the equity curve is smoother than some I've seen. I think if you turned the money management down a little so that it trades half it's current size, it could show some promise.

i agree with aegis

and your EA shows the power of MM...

Now that I took a second look at it, it appears to be more than just random. If I change the enter and exit times forward or back by just one hour, the system is a loser. It also worked well in 06, but not in 05.

Your backtest data is obvously different too mine, when I run the EA on alpari data the equity quickly proceeds to zero.

Lol

Im runing on alpari data too.

Anyway, i made this strategy for a little experiment, (btw the end hour is disabled), i wanted to try runing a random (buy and sell) strategy at fixed intervals with the same stop loss and takeprofit (100 and 100) with no trailing stop, nor anything else.

And at first sight the results where interesting, a pretty balanced result of winning and losing trades, almost 50% - 50%, and the deviation from the 50% 50% scheme can be caused by the spread costs, and begining and ending times of the test.

That was the main idea behind this.

Still, i've made some other tests with this strategy as base.

Adding a trailing stop gives pretty bad results.

I also tried changing the random direcction to a moving average direction, so if the moving average was going up it would buy and if it was going down it would sell, but still the results where worst than the random one.

Then i tested a modification using pending orders, that also didnt work out good, bad results everywhere.

So, the best of all this tests is the random direction one, without trailing stop, and with a stoploss arround 20-30 pips, and takeprofit around 120-130 pips, with no closing hour and opening hour at 8 or 9 am.

By the way all the tests where done on GBP/USD only.

Cya

Reason: