Trade at control points

Dear All, I find some systems yield very good result when tested at control points but suffer badly when test at every ticket. Is there any way to write the mt4 so that the EA only trade at control points?

Thanks!

boostrade:
Dear All, I find some systems yield very good result when tested at control points but suffer badly when test at every ticket. Is there any way to write the mt4 so that the EA only trade at control points? Thanks!

yes. trade at open price only. close trade at close price only. take position intrabar only. no trailing stop allowed. you'll get exactly same result as control point = everytick

boostrade:
Dear All, I find some systems yield very good result when tested at control points but suffer badly when test at every ticket. Is there any way to write the mt4 so that the EA only trade at control points? Thanks!

I thought about this on some of my earlier EA's. While it seems this would work it never did for me. Here's what I did:

Checked the signal and rechecked on timeframe / 12 (control point) and if it was still valid then entered trade. Same for exits.

It should trade more like a control points backtest that way. Hope that helps.

Reason: