Backtesting - Real Tick Data / Tross - page 11

I'm really tired of playing games with backtesting...

hey!

Im really tired of playing games with backtesting.

Im specially interested in alparis data. I requested once, I said that I want to buy it, but they answered "no".

So, what do you think if we open a thread requesting to the brokers to open their tick by tick history data.

It will benefit hundreds of traders and brokers also.

Insted of realying in defective data and waiting 12-24 of forward testing MORE traders would TRADE with BROKERS if they only have one reliable EA tested with more reliable data.

But this is not the reality, and at this time both of us loose money and time and energy.

What a waste...

Who says I!!?

lets stop playing games with backtesting...!!

Count me as a vote!

pablo137:
hey!

Im really tired of playing games with backtesting.

Im specially interested in alparis data. I requested once, I said that I want to buy it, but they answered "no".

So, what do you think if we open a thread requesting to the brokers to open their tick by tick history data.

It will benefit hundreds of traders and brokers also.

Insted of realying in defective data and waiting 12-24 of forward testing MORE traders would TRADE with BROKERS if they only have one reliable EA tested with more reliable data.

But this is not the reality, and at this time both of us loose money and time and energy.

What a waste...

Who says I!!?

lets stop playing games with backtesting...!!

Count me as a vote!

You should begin your quest by actually reading a few of the last posts on this thread first - you can no longer use tick-data with the most current versions of Metatrader to backtest...

So, now what ?

omelette:
You should begin your quest by actually reading a few of the last posts on this thread first - you can no longer use tick-data with the most current versions of Metatrader to backtest...

Omelette,

Can't you install an older version < from a while back and go to town w/ tick FXT ?

I agree it's screwy that in the new version(s) recalculate is gone bye-bye.

but what else to do ?

Gerger Tzediki:
Omelette,

Can't you install an older version < from a while back and go to town w/ tick FXT ?

I agree it's screwy that in the new version(s) recalculate is gone bye-bye.

but what else to do ?

Yes, absolutely - I develop all my stuff with v208. However, practically all users will have the latest version, and finding an old version for download is not easy. Also, if you look back over the last page or two of this post, you will see that this indeed the case...

Here it is alpari MT4 from february 2007 with recalculation option.

YouSendIt - Send large files - transfer delivery - FTP Replacement

Hi..

Sorry if this look like a dumb question.

When backtesting using strategy tester.

How Can I change the leverage to 1:200?

Hello,

I have a file with tickdata, the datas are drawing like this:

2008.02.25 00:01,99.0850,99.0850,99.0850,99.0850,0

If somebody can help me to make with this tickdata a 1 min chart that would be fine.

Free backtesting with 99% tick data.

Guys,

I am currently doing backtesting for another EA maker and have some spare slots. If you want your MT4 EA backtested using 99% tick data please feel free to message me here.

Regards

Free tick Data

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try this site for free tick data back to 2009. Only 10 major currency pairs but the data is clean and has an interesting backtest program.

4XData - Accurate Forex Tick Data

Reason: