2 and 10 moving average cross system - page 4

I dont know if this will make a difference or not, but there should be no trailing stop loss. its positive 15 pips and get out, or negative 15 pips and get out.

Ok, my mistake, I was not checking if the DT was above or below...so here again

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void CheckForOpen()

{

if (Volume[0] > 1)

{

return;

}

double ma1_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma1, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);

double ma1_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma1, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 2);

double ma2_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma2, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);

double ma2_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma2, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 2);

double bb_hist = iCustom(NULL, 0, "bbhisto", 13, 0, 1);

double dt = iCustom(NULL, 0, "dtzigzag", 60, 12, 5, 3, 0, 1);

if ((ma1_1 ma2_2 && bb_hist Open[0])

{

OpenSellWrapper();

return;

}

if ((ma1_1 > ma2_1 || ma1_1 == ma2_1) && ma1_2 0 && dt != 0 && dt < Open[0])

{

OpenBuyWrapper();

}

}

This is where it starts to get harder, as you can see the EA hardly trades, this is because all of these signals very rarely happen all at once. This is why you may get different results if you are trading manually.

I guess this is the point of all this, the best indicator is your brain, for automated trading most indicators are about as useful as tits on a Bull.

Files:
test_4.gif  6 kb
test_4.htm  22 kb

I just realized too that these results are skewed because I trade all majors, whichever doesnt get filtered. It doesnt make sense to me to only trade one pair. It could be moving in a long term trend so if you blindly get in with each signal without knowing where its headed your setting yourself up for the kill.

No DT & no SSL.

Files:
test_5.gif  6 kb
test_5.htm  248 kb

Craig:
Ok, my mistake, I was not checking if the DT was above or below...so here again

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

void CheckForOpen()

{

if (Volume[0] > 1)

{

return;

}

double ma1_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma1, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);

double ma1_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma1, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 2);

double ma2_1 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma2, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 1);

double ma2_2 = iMA(NULL, 0, Ma2, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 2);

double bb_hist = iCustom(NULL, 0, "bbhisto", 13, 0, 1);

double dt = iCustom(NULL, 0, "dtzigzag", 60, 12, 5, 3, 0, 1);

if ((ma1_1 ma2_2 && bb_hist Open[0])

{

OpenSellWrapper();

return;

}

if ((ma1_1 > ma2_1 || ma1_1 == ma2_1) && ma1_2 0 && dt != 0 && dt < Open[0])

{

OpenBuyWrapper();

}

}

This is where it starts to get harder, as you can see the EA hardly trades, this is because all of these signals very rarely happen all at once. This is why you may get different results if you are trading manually.

I guess this is the point of all this, the best indicator is your brain, for automated trading most indicators are about as useful as tits on a Bull.

I have mad respect for your programmin skills, and I have to agree that in the end its your brain that matters most, having a feel for what the market will do given the current pattern over time and volatility. But here's where I have to dissagree: The DTzigzag gives the okay to a BBhisto signal all the time. And, according the charts, most of the time those trades end in profit. There is an overall pattern to any market. A fractal, holographic effect that makes it do the same thing over and over and over on different days. It goes up and down, never sideways, its all subjective and depends on how much you are looking for the price to move in a given time.

So how do you trade?

Go with trend or against it?

This year I went with trend ( see the picture for detail).

I may go against trend in the new year.

Just joking

Happy new year!!!

LOL LAMO!!! HAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHHA good one!

Anyway Craig, even if you are just eyeballing the charts, using your mind to make the decision, there is no way to outdo the BBhistogram, because it woulld have you enter the market at every turning point, just like P-SAR, thereforel, it would have the best chance of being correct the most often. If you were eyeballing the chart and you see that at the open the price jumps up and take over selling momentum, chances are BBhisto allready signaled a buy trade. Then it may or not get filtered out. What say you to that?

How do I trade? I'll try and answer that by summing up what (I think) we have found (mixed in with my opinion).

1. People can trade with indicators because they are able to sum up things which are very difficult to code (support, resistance, tea leaves, etc), the traders brain is what makes the difference, 1000's of indicators just help to reinforce this decision making process.

2. I bet you could be just as profitable with trend lines and a single MA

3. This approach does not work for automation as the indicators don't really stack up in terms of predictive ability.

Therefore...in my opinion, trying to replicate human style trading systems as EA's is doomed to failure. To have success with automation we must exploit the strengths of computer power, not human power.

My trading is automated high frequency scalping, I'm not going to say exactly how it works because that's my edge. Anyway got to go as I have a savage hangover from new years

Reason: