Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 46

update last 2 weeks.

And here is back test with some settings changes to the risk and equity target, i'll be running next week.

Dave

Since this EA needs to be attached in two charts i.e one chart is for buy and another chart is for sell.

How the EA knows which chart is for buy and for sell?

jack2:
Since this EA needs to be attached in two charts i.e one chart is for buy and another chart is for sell. How the EA knows which chart is for buy and for sell?

Jack,

Goblin BiPolar Edition does not need to attach to two charts, supposing you want to trade one currency pair. This EA contains both the sell and buy parts integrated in itself.

If you intend to trade more than one currency pairs at the same time on the same account then you should open a chart for each pairs and attach Goblin BiPolar Edition to each chart.

Important: Try on demo first! You will then understand how it works.

chrisstoff:
Jack,

Goblin BiPolar Edition does not need to attach to two charts, supposing you want to trade one currency pair. This EA contains both the sell and buy parts integrated in itself.

If you intend to trade more than one currency pairs at the same time on the same account then you should open a chart for each pairs and attach Goblin BiPolar Edition to each chart.

Important: Try on demo first! You will then understand how it works.

Thanks, now testing on Goblin, Goblin Bipolar and Goblin Bipolar modifiedH.

I wonder why I did not see the "Custom indicator Turbo_JMA EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully" even I have put these 3 indicators to expert\indicator.

Do I need to click on custom indicator and attached to the graph?

Jack,

If you wanted to see the indicator on the chart then you should attach it to the chart independently from the Expert Advisor. I mean, both the indicators and the EA should be attached to the chart.

Note: the EA works and uses the indicator if the indicator was put into the /experts/indicators/ folder even if it is not attached to the chart and you cannot see what it signs.

Using progressions to recover from losses

I am using fibo lot sizes with max 6 trades with 5 pips spacing for a t/p of 20 and a s/l of 50. This gives me a high percentage (70%) of successfull trades for EURUSD on M15 charts.

Now my observation is that stop loss is triggered rarely (but costly), but there is practically never a series of losses. This situation is good for using a progression scheme to manage lot size for quick recovery of loser trades.

I am now experimenting with the following scheme (variant of inverse Dahl progression):

- Start with 1x fibo lots per trade

- When there is a loser (stop loss triggered), continue with the following progression (advancing with every winner, restarting with a loser):

- This progression scheme tries to capitalize on the statistical observation that a loser is rarely followed by another loser, but it takes some time until we get hit again.

Regards, Rico

hey david

xxDavidxSxx:
update last 2 weeks.

And here is back test with some settings changes to the risk and equity target, i'll be running next week.

Dave

im having trouble getting your tested settings to run. every time i attach it tells me that the equity target has been hit and it is reseting. my demo balance is above 10k is that the problem? if so how do i adjust it to run with my current balance. thanks.

Hi Rico,

Interesting idea you have.

Since I am not completely sure that I understand it clearly in every details of it, would you mind posting an example with figures that would demonstrate your theory?

alassio:
I am using fibo lot sizes with max 6 trades with 5 pips spacing for a t/p of 20 and a s/l of 50. This gives me a high percentage (70%) of successfull trades for EURUSD on M15 charts.

Now my observation is that stop loss is triggered rarely (but costly), but there is practically never a series of losses. This situation is good for using a progression scheme to manage lot size for quick recovery of loser trades.

I am now experimenting with the following scheme (variant of inverse Dahl progression):

- Start with 1x fibo lots per trade

- When there is a loser (stop loss triggered), continue with the following progression (advancing with every winner, restarting with a loser):

- This progression scheme tries to capitalize on the statistical observation that a loser is rarely followed by another loser, but it takes some time until we get hit again.

Regards, Rico

I am using long or short only positions with max 6 trades with 15 pips spacing for a t/p of 40, secure 19 pips, lots increased by 2, and a trailing s/l of 20 all on 1hr charts and everything else false. This seems to work best for me.

goblin_biplolar_mod_h does not work, don't try it.

Just use bluto's original goblin bipolar.

Reason: