Goblin "BiPolar" Edition

Attached is a new version of Goblin named "BiPolar Goblin" based on the trading concept used by xxDavidxSxx of running two Goblins concurrently for the same pair on separate charts - one for buys and one for sells.

This edition runs both the buy and the sell side as separate sub-EA's packaged in one EA. All you need to do is place BiPolar Goblin on a single chart using your favorite timeframe. The EA goes in the \experts folder and the three indicators go in the \experts\indicators. I've also included a template you can use if you want - it goes in the main \templates folder. I'm using an M15 timeframe but use whatever suits you.

Please test...if you find any bugs or have any feedback, let me know. Last but not least...be bodaceous and have fun!

** Tweaks - 12/22/06 **

In addition to fixing a bug, I added a new true/false setting called "UseConservativeRSX_Signals" that is true by default. It enforces the 30/70 rule for RSX upturns/downturns if set to true. Anyone testing this EA should download it and reinstall it into the expert folder. Indicators are unchanged.

** Tweaks - 12/23/06 **

Added new true/false setting "UseFiboLotSizeProgression" to allow lot size progressions based on Fibo sequence (courtesy of Tross).

** Tweaks - 12/24/06 **

- Added new "TargetEquityToCloseAndReset" numeric setting per David's suggestion - this closes all open orders and starts the cycles over on the next signal(s).

- Added new "UseSMATrendFilter" as a safeguard to ensure buy/sell signals are taken when a 3-SMA filter is properly aligned.

- Exposed timeframes and bar-periods for RSX and 3-SMA TrendFilter

** Tweaks - 12/28/06 **

- Noticed that the Turbo_JVEL velocity indicator was lagging the RSX signals. The experimental period setting of 17 was too long and was causing RSX signals to be confirmed and fired too late in the swing. Adjusted this back to a value of 7 (as with the regular Goblin) and increased the velocity factor to .02 +-. This should confirm the strength of RSX signals and help avoid flat periods. Revised EA is in zip.

Sorry bluto, there is no attachment.

Any recommended changes to settings? Running with defaults at the moment.

sstillwell

bikerhead:
Sorry bluto, there is no attachment.

Dang....sorry bout that. Forgot to attach.

bluto:
Dang....sorry bout that. Forgot to attach.

Weird...it was there for a minute, now it's gone again!

sstillwell

sstillwell:
Weird...it was there for a minute, now it's gone again! sstillwell

Ok...try now. File upload was acting flakey.

Thanks for your efforts, Bluto.

Have a good Holiday!

This thing has been really performing nicely since I fired it off last night. I think David might be on to something.

sstillwell:
Any recommended changes to settings? Running with defaults at the moment. sstillwell

My settings are in the included template file. To recap:

Money Mgmt. = false

Account Protection = false

Chart Timeframe = M15

TakeProfit = 15

Pips = 5

Initial Stop = 0

MaxTrades = 5

Thanks Bluto

bluto:
My settings are in the included template file. To recap:

Money Mgmt. = false

Account Protection = false

Chart Timeframe = M15

TakeProfit = 15

Pips = 5

Initial Stop = 0

MaxTrades = 5

Great Forum. I am new here but enjoy the posts and interaction.

OK Bluto, I downloaded Bi-Polar and the 3 Indicators. Did not find your template

I was attempting to find your earlier post regarding setting up stops or trailing stops with no luck. Would you please elaborate?

If I add additional indicators or studies on the chart with Goblin loaded, will they cause a conflict?

Thanks Again for the hard work

Larry

Cigarguy:
Great Forum. I am new here but enjoy the posts and interaction.

OK Bluto, I downloaded Bi-Polar and the 3 Indicators. Did not find your template

I was attempting to find your earlier post regarding setting up stops or trailing stops with no luck. Would you please elaborate?

If I add additional indicators or studies on the chart with Goblin loaded, will they cause a conflict?

Thanks Again for the hard work

Larry

Larry - the template file is in the zip. It's called "goblin bipolar.tpl". I don't use stops with this EA, so you'll have to experiment. You should be able to put as many additional indicators as you wish on the charts without them conflicting with the EA or the indicators I included. In fact, you don't have to use the template I provided nor do you need to even have the indicators I furnished loaded on the charts.

Reason: