Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 87

Cross:
Nice result in strong trending market

Hi Cross, what are your modifications and settings?

Regards, alassio

alassio:
Hi Cross, what are your modifications and settings? Regards, alassio

I like to use this system with large pipstep what is not most people recomend to do but...

Other systems didn't perform so well these days of strong trend

Spread Very High ( 9 - 24 )

Dear Bro..

Do u have any idea for this EA use in some broker have a high spread ( spread 6 - 24 ...like a LiteForex ).

Please help me..

Jeff

Goblin with hedge

Hi,

anybody can help me adding some code for this EA (Goblin)?

I would like to add some kind of hedging to minimize a big loss due to nasty opposite movement.

Let me explain, pardon my poor English..

Suppose we are in EURUSD BUY condition, unfortunately the price goes down,

after MaxOrder reached and the price still goes down (agains our trade), then when next Pips (Distance in Pips from one order to another in Goblin) hit, EA will open new trade in GBPUSD SELL as an hedge (since EURUSD and GBPUSD is positive correlation).

It will be closed when the last order in EURUSD goes up and reached Zero profit condition, hopefully this time the price continue goes up until hitting SecureProfit, if not the sequence will be repeated.

Thankyou in advance for your help.

gw.

I think i get this, but let me show you a better alternative (I guess)...

If you are in a BUY condition on EU and the price goes against you, lets say, 30 pips down, if in that condition you open a SELL in GU and price start to rise again till the first BUY get breakeven then you would be locking the DD at -30 because the SELL in GU would be at that moment -30. But, i think, if you then, in this similar case, open a SELL in GU but with 4 times the lot size but controlling it's TP virtually (with a function following this trade) then you could finish both trades in breakeven at leats.

Let's say, BUY EU, prices go against us 20 pips, then we open the protection SELL in GU with 4 times lot size and TP at 5 pips, if TP of that second trade is hit then we close both trades in breakeven (well, minus spread). That could make a good "bad trade" protection in case the counter trend against us where really clear. With 5 pips TP then we can get pretty HIGH possibilities to win and save the bad trade. Obviously in both cases you are in risk of a margin call if you are working with HIGH lot size or in a little account...

Regards

Hi Cacus,

thank's for your better idea, it will simplified the process and we still can get breakeven, even a small profit! ( a little bit greedy in a "bad trade" )

Anybody can help me adding the code for this in GOBLIN?

thankyou,

gw

Mr. Bluto is the master coder........................

I love the Goblin. I wonder if we could integrate a channel indicator

(like shi_channel) to goblin so when the price action is near the edge

of a channel, it (goblin) would stop trading and wait for the reversal

instead of leaving negative trades open .

The best way I have found to use Goblin_bipolar is to look at the channel.

When the price action has hit the rail and is reversing, apply Goblin and

only allow it to trade in the new direction by F7, short only,,,,or long only.

I have been doing this lately and getting great results. By the way, Goblin

has been updated by one of the programmers on tsd and is now going by

the name 'Pacman'. I am testing it along with goblin_bipolar. Pacman

works well also, but I get more pips with goblin , at least when goblin

trades correctly.

Reason: