Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 2

How do you tell one chart to Buy and one to Sell? Do you just set one of them to lotsize 0.0?

matrixebiz:
How do you tell one chart to Buy and one to Sell? Do you just set one of them to lotsize 0.0?

That's not how it works.

1. Place the EA on a chart. Optionally load the template I provided.

2. Go in and edit the EA properties to your preferences. You must specify settings for Long trades as well as Short trades.

3. Sit back and let the EA trade.

4. The EA has two trade engines inside - one manages buys and one manages sells separate from each other. What this means, unlike with previous 10Point3 clones, is you can have a buy cycle and a sell cycle overlapping and happening at the same time. In other words, you don't have to wait for say a buy cycle to complete before the EA reacts to a sell signal and visa versa. Pseudo-hedging if you wish.

Yeah, I must not get it then. I don't see how putting Goblin on two separate charts is going to be any different than having it on one. Both charts are going to Buy and Sell the same.

matrixebiz:
Yeah, I must not get it then. I don't see how putting Goblin on two separate charts is going to be any different than having it on one. Both charts are going to Buy and Sell the same.

Not quite. Until now, 10Point3 and all of it's clones (Terminator, Predator, Goblin, etc.) could only deal with one order cycle at a time. If you at first got a buy signal, you could only place buy orders until you reached profit, reached maxtrades, or stopped out - whichever came first. Meanwhile, if the trend suddenly shifts on you to the sell side, you're stuck placing buy orders until you exhaust the cycle. You don't have the ability to react to signal oscillations.

With BiPolar Goblin, the EA can manage separate sell and buy cycles at the same time, each reacting to their own signals and running concurrently. This is a big change and advancement in the 10Point3 model. Just drop it on a chart and watch it...you'll see.

Ok, it makes scence if Goblin was re-written to do that but I must have missed where David said he re-wrote the EA to behave this way. So do I still open two charts of each currency pair, EUR/USD EUR/USD and put goblin on each? or just one chart per pair with the new Goblin?

matrixebiz:
Ok, it makes scence if Goblin was re-written to do that but I must have missed where David said he re-wrote the EA to behave this way. So do I still open two charts of each currency pair, EUR/USD EUR/USD and put goblin on each? or just one chart per pair with the new Goblin?

One chart for each pair, and one BiPolar Goblin per chart.

David didn't do any code re-writes...he's been manually doing what BiPolar Goblin is programmed to do.

Found The Template

bluto:
Larry - the template file is in the zip. It's called "goblin bipolar.tpl". I don't use stops with this EA, so you'll have to experiment. You should be able to put as many additional indicators as you wish on the charts without them conflicting with the EA or the indicators I included. In fact, you don't have to use the template I provided nor do you need to even have the indicators I furnished loaded on the charts.

Thanks again

You mentioned that you are using Bi-polar on the H1 chart. What are your thoughts about other time frames?

Working with EA's is new for me. I know each person has their own pain threshold, but how would you recommend initially setting up the parameters for testing (on demo account) ? ie, stop loss, short orders to protect, take profit, max trades, pips and the others.

I would like to test with your recommendations and then once I become famaliar with the program, adjust to my trading style.

Again, thanks for the hard work.

Larry

Cigarguy:
Thanks again

You mentioned that you are using Bi-polar on the H1 chart. What are your thoughts about other time frames?

Working with EA's is new for me. I know each person has their own pain threshold, but how would you recommend initially setting up the parameters for testing (on demo account) ? ie, stop loss, short orders to protect, take profit, max trades, pips and the others.

I would like to test with your recommendations and then once I become famaliar with the program, adjust to my trading style.

Again, thanks for the hard work.

Larry

Larry - I listed my settings for this EA on Post #9. I'm running this on an M15 timeframe. This is similar to what David was doing I believe. I'm running this a bit different than the regular Goblin where I was using an H1 TF. The idea here is to get in and out quickly by limiting maxtrades to 5 and riding the daily swings with smaller pips and takeprofit intervals.

Thanks Bluto

bluto:
Larry - I listed my settings for this EA on Post #9. I'm running this on an M15 timeframe. This is similar to what David was doing I believe. I'm running this a bit different than the regular Goblin where I was using an H1 TF. The idea here is to get in and out quickly by limiting maxtrades to 5 and riding the daily swings with smaller pips and takeprofit intervals.

Ok, will try ur previous post settings.

Thanks,

Larry

Goblin II

I just want to confirm...

Sorry for the stupid question Bluto, but, is that version the "Goblin II"?

I want to know... is that the EA you have posted backtests???

Thanks...

Fernanda

Reason: