2 and 10 moving average cross system - page 2

Craig:
Is this the same as the 'brain trend' system that has it's own forum?

I would assume so. Most probably. I cant be sure though........this is the only brain trend that I know of.

I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!

Shall we start with something simple and then add in stuff, cause I think this will be a good exercise, first I'll do a 2/10 MA cross on 1H chart with 20 pip SL, do you want a SSL or TP?

Cool. Take profit of 15 per trade is what I would go for. Maximum Stop loss of 15, to make it harder and balance it out. What do you think?

Sounds good, be back in 5. How do I post the results?

Do you know if P-SAR repaints? Cuz that would really piss me off too. What good is an indicator if it tries to cover up its mistakes? That's why I like BBHisto, you can tell when it failed, even if it covered it up (by reversing signal) before the end of the hour by checking the high low data and looking at the histogram.

Craig:
Sounds good, be back in 5. How do I post the results?

You can feed it into excell I believe. Failing that you could always save a screen shot of the metatrader backtester if thats what your using. Go to file, save as picture. You got that done fast........im not into EA programing much, I was turned off too much by the dodgy back tester.

Ok here are the 2/10 cross results...pretty depressing, what do you want to add in next?

Files:
test.gif  6 kb
test.htm  876 kb

PSAR does not repaint, but it changes it's mind a lot

cool, thats neat. See, thats what I mean.......your results seem to be at odds with what I see on the charts, and I spend ALOT of time going over them. Now...... okay BBhisto now if you can, period 13.

Im sure that alot of those trades could have been filtered out using one, or both of these methods: Volatility filter, in which I dont trade if the Heat is below 0, indicating that the signal is noise. And Trend Filter: If the day chart shows an uptrend AND rising momentum I WOULD not take a sell trend, vise versa. also, if Itrend on the 1 hour chart is against the 1 hour signal givin by BBhisto/2,10, by more than a few points I wont take the trade either. Itrend accuratly shows when the signal is just a small retraction in a stronger trend in the other direction when it is strongly going in the opposite direction. If that makes sense

Based on those results something is very wrong LOL. Does it trade as soon as the 2 MA touches the 10? That would spell disaster because price oftem retracts just enough for them to touch and then it will continue in that direction. Thats how come all the nifty filters, as Im sure you know. ANother filter I use is the ADX line. If I have a sell signal and the ADX line is above 40 and the dominate trend is up, then obviously, I wouldnt take that trade.

Reason: