General - page 1854

Hi, can MT4's backtesting benefit from multiple CPUs, e.g. a dual Dual-Core Opteron? Or is MT4 clusterable / parallelizable? Because backtesting can be VERY time-consuming. Best regards, Silke
  Hurst Channels  (10)
Hello evreyone, does someone has this indicator Thanks
This may be a dumb question, but I can't find the answer. I would like to run an EA on my live account as well as on my demo account. Is there any way have both accounts open at the same time? I tried to open Metatrader again to get two windows of it, but it didn't work. Do you have to install...
I am building a breakout advisor in MT4 and I want the entries to be put simotaniously as a Buystop and Sellstop. I have seen it done in MT3 on interbankfx's site, but can I do it in MT4? Does anyone have the code or can I just copy the code from a MT3 advisor and put it into a MT4 advisor? If...
193: Revised Editor Dictionary. 192: 2D Graphics Dual Monitor Support Enhancement Cached Optimization Results
I just thought i'd pass this along, i ran across this site lastnight. I am a newbie & proud of it, so please. Don't yell at me if you've already seen this site, or consider this useless. I'm just passing it along here; www.xeatrade.com
[Deleted]
I have 2 indicators, one has values 0-100 and the other one 1-0. When I put them on one window they are scaled so that both indicator fit in one window. Whats the code to scale indicators like this? picture attached of WPR & Trix
Anyone help with this?? I've spent the last three hours trying to make this indicator change the bar color when it is below 0. Green above 0, red below 0. I'm not very good with coding, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!...
For instance, tester reports max drawdown of 10.000$, which is let's say 10% of 100.000$ account balance. But before that, when the account balance was 60.000$, there was a 9.000$ drawdown, which is 15% but it never gets reported! So, tester indeed reports max absolute drawdown but it would be more...
  Delaying trades  (1)
Hi, I really need some help making this EA so that it is delay in closing the trade for at least 3 minutes. Could someone please help me out? I need it to open the trade like it normally does, but then I need it to not close the trade unless it has been at least 3 min. Could someone please tell...
Hi, When I import 1 Minute ticks in History Center, how can I let MT4 make 5 Minute ticks out of it? How to compress 1Minute downto 5Minute? Thank you and best regards, Silke
Hello everyone, I was thinking of getting a PocketPC when I open an account so I can trade when away from the computer so I can manually trade without having any problems. Has anyone tested this? I emailed interbankfx wit some questions but it would be great if I could get some feedback directly...
I'm just curious as to when MT3 was released to the masses and how long its service life has been ? Thanks
Hey guys, I use this Indicator in Tradestation with a Bollinger Band. I looked at the Regressions Channel Indicator but dosen't appear to be the same. Does anyone know where I can find this indicator? Thanks Paul
Does anyone know how to alter this indicator so that the COMMENTS which appear on the top left of the chart can be altered in font, font size and colour? Also I find that you need to hit the refresh to make sure the indicator levels on the comments display are current - is there any way of...
Hi, How is it possible that a EA which don't use any chart period has different results when it is tested on different timeframes (H1 and M5) ? Both have 90 % accuracy and the M1 history is loaded for the whole testing period.
  Daily high/low channel  (25   1 2 3)
Hi, does anybody know if the indicator in VT exists as a custom indicator in Metatrader. If so, what's the name of this indicator. I am pointing at the red en blue daily high/low channel in the attached chart. TIA
Is there any way of getting Metatrader without the demo expiring every month? Or, if I have to re-register, do I have to re-load all the downloaded indicators again? Thank you Sam
  Delaying trades  (1)
Hi all, Could someone tell me if there is a way to make it so that when a trade is opened, it can't be closed until a certain time is up. For instance, the broker I want to use won't let you do trades that take less than 3 min and the EA I'm using makes a lot of trades in under 3 min. I need to...
Something to play with when you are not sure what the error code (number) means and don't have the time to open MetaEditor and search for the error code. Just attach the script and enter the error code (ex: 130) and it'll tell you what does the error code mean!
Hello everyone, For the pro's who know this, what is the best way to play the news from the FOMC meeting tomorrow? Most are anticipating a raise of .25%, so be it... But if the comments are he will put a hold on the raising of rates, will we see the EURUSD go short??? Will the dollar stregthen??...
  EA Programmer  (3)
Hello, i was wondering if anyone was interested in a quick bit of programming MQ4. I can read the language but don't have to time nor experience to get it built successfully. The system is easy, already partially coded but needs to be cleaned up, plus a few modules added to it. It is for the...
i just wondering, is the backtest just a dream or can we keep it for strategy plan that we do? your coment please....
  Indicator for margin level  (22   1 2 3)
hi How does one calculate 'margin level'.? I want to open the maximum number of positions I can using different stratergies - but i don't quite know when to stop opening. When 'margin level' = 50%? If I know how to calculate margin level then I can determine what my 'margin level' will be if all my...
Hi, I use MT4 build 4.00.193 and want to backtest a strategy using an "expert adivsor". For this I downloaded historical GBPUSD data from the last 2 years into the histroy center. The data is 1-Minute-Based. By importing the data I can see in the histroy center the 1Minute GBPUSD...
I wrote this code and it is working, the problem is that it only trade one at a time, even though i have attached it on several pairs. Is it possible to make it trade on other pairs if those pairs reaches the criteria? Thank you.
Hi Guys can you please explain what does this line mean..... specilly the 2 and 1 in the brackets.. iCustom(NULL,TimeFrame,"Heiken Ashi",2,1) Thanks Babar
Hi Guys, How can I limit the amount of order per bar in my EA....Basically I want EA to open only 1 order per bar.....and wait for the next bar...if the conditions fullfil then open another position....at the moment it is opening more than 1 positions in one bar.... Thanks Babar
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so excuse me if this is not the right place to ask this question. I have written a script for MT4 and basically it waits until the start of a new daily bar to perform it's calculations. The problem I have is that after a short while the script seems to hang up and