Problem! EA working with Period_Converter_Opt

Hi Everyone,

I need help or explaination:

Problem: I want to use an EA on a custom timeframe chart which uses the Period_Converter_Opt. I've created a 3 minute chart and attached the EA I'm testing. As a result no orders are sent. It says it is running.

I've tried the same settings in the EA on standard timeframes with success. Just doesn't work on custom timeframes.

I've tested this with multiple currencies pairs as well.

Any help would be appreciated,

SaxMan

May be i am wrong but I don't think it can be done: there are no any 3 min chart in Metatrader. I mean we may create historical chart but this chart will not be going on line.

Thanks NewDigital,

So I am assuming that EA(s) only work on standard timeframes (i.e. 1m,5m,10m,15m etc.), is this correct?

Thanks,

SaxMan

Yes: standard timeframes.

But may be I am wrong ...

No, EAs can run on custom time frames. It will need some book keeping to do that. I have not done it but have been told how to do it. Basically, you create a data file where the custom timeframe based data is stored and you will read from that file every time your EA has to perform a function. It is a roundabout way but can be done.

Good luck.

Thanks again NewDigital,

If anyone knows a work-around, please fill us in. I do prefer working on a 3 minute chart.

Thanks,

SaxMan

Thanks Maji,

Maji:
No, EAs can run on custom time frames. It will need some book keeping to do that. I have not done it but have been told how to do it. Basically, you create a data file where the custom timeframe based data is stored and you will read from that file every time your EA has to perform a function. It is a roundabout way but can be done. Good luck.

Do you know where I can get more details on this?

Thanks,

SaxMan

Here is what I got that idea from.

http://forum.mql4.com/5000

Thanks Maji,

Maji:
Here is what I got that idea from. http://forum.mql4.com/5000

However, this link just refers to using the period converter to make an active non-standard timeframe. It doesn't refer to using an EA on that non-standard chart.

I have created non-standard charts and they work fine, however they don't work when an EA is applied (i.e. the chart still functions properly but the EA doesn't open or close orders)

Thanks,

SaxMan

Reason: