A rookies guide

Hi all,

This is my first post and i am an extreme rookie with the forex, so i apologize in advance if my ignorance is glowing.

However, i have a strong desire to become an extremely successful trader. I was hoping to get a few responses with from successful traders who could hopefully save me time by giving me there stories "if you ahd to start again, what you would do/wouldnt do, etc. Where should i begin? how do i find a system(there are soo many out there i feel overwhelmed)? Which platform is the best to trade on? which market? etc.

I know that is a lot i there but I could really use the help./

THANKS EVERYONE

Well I'm neither a pro nor a beginner, just making myself through this. From my experience a great platform to work with is the Meta Trader 4. You can download it from several brokers, I got it from Tradeview and it has worked just great. But just read about several brokers to take the best decision for you. Take care now.

Most of us got the same story, once I heard about forex, I got interested in it and I searched in google about it, found forums, now Im in them and Im getting so much info about it. Also I got my demo from Tradeview and now, I can download other softwares as MAM or Core-options and NOW I know how to use them , after months, but I can do it now. Try to do the same, get your demo and read about you´re interested, this is a good way to do it.

Well it might be or not, the MT4 is the one everyone suggest you to start with, is it very easy to understand its main functions. But this depends on what you're willing to trade. There are some other platforms that have more currencies pairs that you can trade plus some other options, trading options.

Reggie59:
Well it might be or not, the MT4 is the one everyone suggest you to start with, is it very easy to understand its main functions. But this depends on what you're willing to trade. There are some other platforms that have more currencies pairs that you can trade plus some other options, trading options.

MT4 is really good, I haven’t encountered any major problems with it so far, it has frozen a couple of times, that’s it. I read too that the MQL4 makes it very very strong on front most of the other platforms aroun

1. Read

2. Get demo

3. Trade

4. Ask

5. Help other

This is the real rookie´s guides.

You're right, however you missed one step. Patience and persistence. You know, sometimes we get frustrated because we lose a lot on trades or also because we're reading something and we just don't understand. Just chill, this is like any other learning process, slow and with time you'll become a great trader. It is very important to open a demo account before live trading, although some people say it's pointless, I highly recommend it.

Reggie59:
You're right, however you missed one step. Patience and persistence. You know, sometimes we get frustrated because we lose a lot on trades or also because we're reading something and we just don't understand. Just chill, this is like any other learning process, slow and with time you'll become a great trader. It is very important to open a demo account before live trading, although some people say it's pointless, I highly recommend it.

I also share your appreciation about beginning to learn Forex by practicing with a demo account. The benefit you get by trading first with a demo is that you can recur to it anytime while you are on real trading. Where did you get your demo?

Yeah, patience, it has to be the first name of trades and brokers.

moneyman5:
Which platform is the best to trade on? which market?

Babypips.com school has been cataloged as a very interesting start. You could find schools in actionforex.com and tradeviewforex.com

There’s no best market or best platform. All of them have advantages but you need to define some concepts before picking a broker

I recommend MT4 and its friendly software

Try most popular pairs to get the rules

I’d say

Shell25:
I also share your appreciation about beginning to learn Forex by practicing with a demo account. The benefit you get by trading first with a demo is that you can recur to it anytime while you are on real trading. Where did you get your demo?

I downloaded it from Tradeview. It's a great broker, plus as sexymoney stated has a learning course which helped a lot to understand some things that were not clear at the babypips school section. This broker is very interesting since it has, updated economical news, alternative trading platform and a learning course, is like everything you need in one place. Check it out, hope you like it.

Reason: