Forex software and virtualization

Hi all,

Not sure to use the right forums, but hey... Anyone here using Metatrader with virtualisation (VMware,...). I try to install almost no software on my PC and rather put them inside some virtualized part.

But I am concerned virtualization might slow down the software -> slow down the trades.

:: Hi! It will not slow down, adjust your operating system (the OS in your VMWare) that it doesn't use too much resources, switch of bells & whistles ... then metatrader will be more then happy to work & serve ...

IN10TION

Stevenl10:
Hi all,

Not sure to use the right forums, but hey... Anyone here using Metatrader with virtualisation (VMware,...). I try to install almost no software on my PC and rather put them inside some virtualized part.

But I am concerned virtualization might slow down the software -> slow down the trades.

Thx but I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. My concern is not my PC/OS slowing down. My concern is Metatrader being slower inside a virtualized system than with a normal set-up. It is said some times that I/O can be a problem with virtualization.

Stevenl10:
Thx but I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. My concern is not my PC/OS slowing down. My concern is Metatrader being slower inside a virtualized system than with a normal set-up. It is said some times that I/O can be a problem with virtualization.

I have worked with VirtualBox and it didn't slow anything I used. I havent used MT with it but I'm pretty sure it will work fast. Give it a go

Good. I'll try with metatrader and check. If anything goes wrong, i'll write it here.

Re

I have also tried it once it's perfectly all right, it does not affect the I/O of a system.