General - page 1746

Published by feb2006 on http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/showthread.php?t=16846
New MetaTrader 4 build 204 has been released. What’s new: 1. Fixed error of the client terminal hangup when calculating indicators on the previous indicator data within the same window. 2. Resumed displaying of free margin if the value is negative. 3. Orderly closedown of the client temrinal at...
[Deleted]
Hi, just thought id add a note on how you can improve your trading systems... I think it's best to put the OrderClose and OrderSend functions in a critical section - ie. lock them when they are being executed as, in general, they can take longer to execute. Here's how to add a critical section to...
I'm getting the compiler unable to open error about once a day now and have to reinstall MT4 to 'fix' it. It shows up again at some point. My McAfee virus software found the MetaLang.exe trojan horse virus but can only move it to the quarantine folder, not clean or delete it. Every time I try to...
It's really nice to have the Strategy Tester basing drawdowns on equity but could we have the option of choosing the drawdowns to be calculated on balance or equity when we backtest or optimize? I ask this because a simple spike can throw the optimizer way off when optimizing on based on equity....
The Userguide contains full description of mobile terminal features and functions and includes the following sections: - Getting Started: terminal installation and startup, opening of accounts, authorization system, LiveUpdate system; - Terminal Settings: connection to the server, sound...
  Screenshot script?  (57   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Is there a script that can take a screenshot every few seconds and save the .gif with an incremented filename so I can string the .gif files together to see how a given set of indicators looks over a period of time?
[Deleted]
Hi, does anyone have an indicator which allows one to another forex instrument to an existing window. ie. my aim is to display two graphs in the same window. For example USDCHF and EURUSD. Thanks for your help.
  Compiler error  (1)
Received error message "could not launch compiler" in metaeditor. Anyone got any ideas? thanks, mark
Tick volume Tick volume is defined as the number of price changes. Each time trading moves to a new price, the number of ticks by which the price has changed is added to the tick volume. In an attempt to normalize tick volume values and make them more useful, we have defined the Trade Facilitation...
[Deleted]
  Parabolic SAR  (4)
an anyone in a nutshell explain the use of the Parabolic SAR? Would I use it to set my stops once in a trade? Any feedback would be much appreciated.... Thanks.. Marc
  RickD presents  (46   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi Guys, Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I need help in locating an indicator. I came across one that either prints The P/L of individual currency pairs, or prints a total P/L figure for all currency pairs, in the chart indow. Unfortunately I didn't need it at the time...and now I cannot...
Hello Guys, I've written an Expert Advisor and tested it on historical data with nice results. I would like to test it on my demo account using live data. I wonder if there is a way to make MT4 use my EA automatically (as it did while I was back testing my System)? P.S. Right now I've loaded the EA...
Hello everybody! Recently I've read a couple of articles about the Consortium of largest world banks and their EBS system. The main idea is that FOREX, unlike stock market, is not a market at all, and EBS is able and practically moves currencies anywhere it wants to, regardless of any fundamentals...
I need to find a way to tell when an open order has hit it's TP. Is there an event listener in metaquotes language? I am a programmer and looked at every function, but couldn't find a way for this. I'm sure it can be done, but need some help. I assume I get the order but then what function tells me...
Asynchronous Downloading v.2 Dll Needed to connect to Forex Tsd Calendar This function returns "" when url still is being downloaded.
Found this indicator on some forum, shows arrows on the cross of Stochastic. Has potential, maybe some of our great programmers can take a look and see if it can be improved. There is a system based on stochastic crosses on forexfactory by TEB. Stoch 5,3,3 is used. Timeframes are daily, 4h and 30M
  5 13 62 system  (4)
Where can I find this system?
Hi All, Anybody here has infos about the last version of DLMv? I would like to test it. Thank you, Mauro
  start() method  (1)
Hi, Does anybody know why the start method is not called for each bar? I set it to be called on daily bars for example but seems to rise each tick in that day not once per day as i think it should. For example for this code backtested form 2007.04.01 to 2007.04.05: int start(){ Print("show me a...
hi fellow traders, since I didn't find any forum rules which forbid this kind of offer I am gonna post it maybe some people fint useful. However, if Admins consider this to be inappropriate just remove the thread. I've been trading quite a while (a few years) and been programming EAs and indicators
Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a real time currency correlation indicator. If anyone has one or can point me in the right direction, I'd be thankful.
[Deleted]
Is their a script, ea or something that will close all trades when you have a certain % of profit
Hi I wonder if somebody can help me, I am trying to determine the status of the open orders on my account in for me to know which orders are currently active and which orders need deleting. I cannot use OrderProfit as some of my orders are filled with 0 profit, I tried using Order type but it is...
Hi, I want to save my MT4 profile automatically every X minutes/hours. This is not difficult to code, right? Thanks. Regards, Hoh
Hi All! I just find this forum on another community. Spent a little time across, and made my decision to join here right away. There are a lot of information about indicators and EAs here, while most of them still mean most likely arabian nights to me. I will spend hours on reading through this...
  Good old BB  (3)
old article at VTrader site. hmm, not bad to remember Bollinger Bands Summary Interpretation Description Results 1. Volatility Bands widen Increase in volatility Bands shrink Decrease in volatility 2. Consolidation – “Squeeze” When bands shrink tightly Breakout eminent 3. Exuberance of Current...
  Kenny
Hello: I'm happy to be speaking, (I had a hard time getting in here.) I'm also happy to be speaking with you all. The whole 'world' calls me 'Kenny'. Please do the same. I'm to try to find out the steps to download, I'm quoting now, "EA-Trailing-Stop.HTML", to my VT4 account. I truly hope I am...
  EA based on Heiken Ashi  (44   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi all. I am looking for someone that can help me create an EA based on Heiken Ashi MA indicator. Here is a list of the requirements: MaMetod: 1 MaPeriod: 15 Timeframe: 4H blue=>long, red=short LONG when ashi Bar is BLUE, exit when ashi Bar is RED SHORT when ashi Bar is RED, exit when ashi Bar is...