NN (AI) vs. Optimizing (Curve Fitting)

I'm new to the conceptual application of NN. Can one of you experienced gurus tell me what the major differences be if - I am training a NN to work with Moving Averages vs. Curve Fitting MA's to the same historical data?

I am very new to this, and unfortunately I'm just not seeing the major applicable differences between the two. Please help!

Gidday Nicholishen

I have asked Advanced Neural Network Software for Financial Forecasting and Stock Prediction a similar question on Monday but but still know answer.

when or if they reply I will post it

Nicholishen:
I'm new to the conceptual application of NN. Can one of you experienced gurus tell me what the major differences be if - I am training a NN to work with Moving Averages vs. Curve Fitting MA's to the same historical data? I am very new to this, and unfortunately I'm just not seeing the major applicable differences between the two. Please help!

Nicholishen

Have a look at this

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174700

It is worth a rewrite using your own trading style.The idea is to design a EA that will think and make decisions wheras ma systems are based on past market conditions and have specifif mas criterias and decisons written in advance

MAS form a small part of the thinking process.

OILFXPRO

All the links concerning this subject.

Neural Network:

- good public discussion thread in analytics section.

- some NN files are here.

- Better NN EA: good discussion about NN.

- How to build a NN-EA in MT4: usefull thread for developers.

Others:

1. Indicators and systems development:

1.1. Self-trained MA cross!: development thread for new generation of the indicators;

1.2. Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm: development thread.

1.3. Genetic Algorithm: elite section development thread.

2. EAs:

2.1. CyberiaTrader: big public thread and elite section thread.

2.2. GSelector:

- Self learning expert: good pubic thread;

- thread about trades is here;

- elite section thread is here.

2.3 AI EA is on this thread and this one.

2.4. Forex_NN_Expert EA and indicator: original thread.

Reason: