Mp6140's Hedge - page 4

GEOFFREY:
Hi Azmel

Thanks for latest ea , all was working ok but I have noticed that it did not open the hedge at 1.30pm , although it did open the hedge at 10.30 am and noon.

But when it came time to open the 1.30pm hedge it did not, could this be because the sell side of the noon trade is still open and in drawdown.

Kind Regards

Geoff

PS I am allowing for 45 mins before but just wanted times to be accurate

for this post.

I'm not sure what happened there Geoffrey. On my Alpari, the hedge did open as schedule.

Do you have many MT4 running simultaneously? Was there any internet interruption at the 1.30pm slot (which is actually 12.45pm if you take the 45 mins buffer)? These are some of the things that can make the EA miss its scheduled time to trade.

If your computer is running too many applications, this can also make the EA miss its slot. To see if you are out of resources, look at the Market Watch clock. If it is ticking very slowly, missing many seconds in between, then your computer might be struggling with its resources.

The EA will open a window of only 1 minute during the scheduled time. If it misses this, then its gone. But a wise trader once said, it is better to feel sorry missing a trade rather than feeling sorry making a wrong one.

4xit&4getit:
You are correct about North Finance thanks for the tip. You mentioned I need to add 1 hour to what is mentioned in the instructions if I use Alpari. Because I am on CST I have adjusted my times for that so you are saying I need to add one hour to all me times? Example; I have 6:15pm for my next hedge, which would be 7:15 EST. So if I add an hour it will make me be hedging at 7:15pm CST or 8:15 EST. Would this be correct or am I missing something? Sorry for compounding the time issue.

It doesn't really matter where you live. If you use Alpari, you just need to add 1 hour to all the hedging times in the instruction sheet as Alpari's clock is GMT+1. All the times stated in the instruction sheet is for your broker's clock, and not your house clock. So anywhere you go in this world, your broker's clock will always be the same.

Thanks for reply Azmel, the clock does seem to jump a few seconds at a time,

dont know why , have nothing else open. Seems to me it slows down when price movement is slow ?

Thanks Azmel for the new EA. Will start testing it. Also just to let everyone know, MP said he enters a minimum of 45 minutes before the reversal. You can enter later than that. I enter 1 hour before the reversal with good results.

For testing i set time to 2130. Only 2 of 7 eas did open a buy and a sell trade at 2130. The other 5 eas show:

"mp6140's Hedge v3.2 GBPUSD,M1: BUY ERROR: trade context is busy at 21:30" and

"mp6140's Hedge v3.2 GBPUSD,M1: SELL ERROR: trade context is busy at 21:30"

What to do?

Thank you azmel for sharing your time and this ea!

EDIT: I found my bug, i forgot to set the eas at different hedge times...

fxshadow:
Thanks Azmel for the new EA. Will start testing it. Also just to let everyone know, MP said he enters a minimum of 45 minutes before the reversal. You can enter later than that. I enter 1 hour before the reversal with good results.

fxshadow,

Did all seven hedges close both sides when you enter 1 hour before? Is there any hedge still running?

I entered trade at 45 mins before, and I have three hedges still opened. They have hit one side of the trade, but the other side is still dangling. Looks like it will be carried forward to the next day.

azmel:
fxshadow,

Did all seven hedges close both sides when you enter 1 hour before? Is there any hedge still running?

I entered trade at 45 mins before, and I have three hedges still opened. They have hit one side of the trade, but the other side is still dangling. Looks like it will be carried forward to the next day.

All of my trades have closed within 12 hrs using 1 hour before. I had two left-overs still going, but I closed them so that I could load 3.2

It seems that the major reversals knock out the left-overs.

Any plans to add more time-slots to the EA?

azmel:

However, it is possible to write an EA to handle all seven hedges by itself. I will put that in the "to-do" list for the EA.

Regards,

Azmel.

I think this would be important for backtesting. Not all drawdowns will happen at the same time, but all P/L will be summed up at the end!

Thanks Azmel

I have only known you a short while and that via internet. Thanks for all your hard work on this EA. I am so impressed by those on this whole forum.

MP -- aint this turning into fun ?

glad to see whats happening although i have found certain "tricks" that i pay a lot of attention to recently that reduce the already simple drawdowns (doubt they could be put into an EA though) and now have turned attention to another "beer money" trade which ill probably combine and let my ferret take over trading while i eat grapes.

as ive said SO many times, forex is not a really hard job if you JUST LOOK AT WHAT IT DOES !

so open eyes and make fortune !

gl

mp

Reason: