Mp6140's Hedge - page 8

Fx_Knight:
can you look at IBFX 9/27/2007, 1GMT GBPUSD Entry 2.0145 sell?

how long will it take to clear sell order? (cleared 12/17, highest dd: 2.1143?)

will it be still worthy of trying?

thanks.

You can never really trust a back test, but.... i don't have good modeling data for IBFX. Using Alpari (90% quality), I had no problem with a trade on 9/27. It took a profit 12 minutes later.

Mark

mjramos76:
You can never really trust a back test, but.... i don't have good modeling data for IBFX. Using Alpari (90% quality), I had no problem with a trade on 9/27. It took a profit 12 minutes later. Mark

==================================================

When I first spoke about this hedge, it had already been tested for over a year --- test heck, it had been making fine beer money for a lot of people !

Backtesting I never have done, simply because i look forward, and forward has always been the direction the hedge works in.

JUST DO IT ! do it with 0.000001 lots if you wish, BUT DO IT !

I agree with you mp on this idea, just do it! I've been doing the same type of trade on gbp/jpy, or godzilla as I call it, 20 pip hedge everyday at the open of the new day. Being in Chicago, that's 4 pm my time. Buy and sell 20 pip tp, no stop, but I do use a 15 pip trail. I have never had a position that didn't get closed in over 6 months and both positions hit inside the same day almost 90% of the time. It's the easiest 40 pips a day you can get. I was also trying a 10 pip on cable but at the daily open. I'll have to try your times and see how it goes. I was looking for an ea for this and voila! i find this thread. It must be my lucky day. Can't wait to give it this ea a try in real time. Thanks everyone involved for your efforts and your knowledge.

Hi coolhand thanks for your comment - so all you do is buy and sell the guppy at 4PM EST with a 15 pip trail and 20 pip TP? .......

peter34:
Hi coolhand thanks for your comment - so all you do is buy and sell the guppy at 4PM EST with a 15 pip trail and 20 pip TP? .......

Hey peter. It would be 5 pm est, I'm in Chicago and the daily rollover is at 4 pm cst my time. I make sure I place the trades after the rollover so you don't get hit with any interest. Place market orders, set you tp and add the 15 pip trail and you're done.

coolhand:
I agree with you mp on this idea, just do it! I've been doing the same type of trade on gbp/jpy, or godzilla as I call it, 20 pip hedge everyday at the open of the new day. Being in Chicago, that's 4 pm my time. Buy and sell 20 pip tp, no stop, but I do use a 15 pip trail. I have never had a position that didn't get closed in over 6 months and both positions hit inside the same day almost 90% of the time. It's the easiest 40 pips a day you can get. I was also trying a 10 pip on cable but at the daily open. I'll have to try your times and see how it goes. I was looking for an ea for this and voila! i find this thread. It must be my lucky day. Can't wait to give it this ea a try in real time. Thanks everyone involved for your efforts and your knowledge.

=======================================================

20 pips one hour before the "brokers reversal" and rollover is a bit dicey to my thinking -- congrats if it works for you, but i'll remain a tad smaller in pippage and take a few more bites during the day.

BUT, like all things, now i gots to look at it more closely.

mp

coolhand:
Hey peter. It would be 5 pm est, I'm in Chicago and the daily rollover is at 4 pm cst my time. I make sure I place the trades after the rollover so you don't get hit with any interest. Place market orders, set you tp and add the 15 pip trail and you're done.

Thanks coolhand -can ask you why you use a trail - looking back over the charts it appears to hit the TP pretty often ( including today!) as you say and my guess is that with such a volatile currency the trail gets hit quite often?

peter34:
Thanks coolhand -can ask you why you use a trail - looking back over the charts it appears to hit the TP pretty often ( including today!) as you say and my guess is that with such a volatile currency the trail gets hit quite often?

I guess it's just a safety valve for my own peace of mind, it's not absolutely neccesary but I have had cases where the price moved 17 or 18 pips then reversed. At least in these cases I would get 2 pips or breakeven but the position would eventually close. It might take a day or 2 though. Try it either way and decide for yourself if you want to use it.

And yes it hit my levels for +40 for the day, again! I can't wait to try the ea and use the times posted by mp6140.

well it appears the GBP/JPY is the ideal currency for this with such great volaitlity..thanks for the feedback.

GBPJPY spread

coolhand,

Thanks for the tip . What is the spread that your broker give for your GBPJPY hedge?

P/S: Has anybody tried robertmc's hedge times he posted on post #6?

Reason: