General - page 1751

Hi all, I just started working with MQL, I am playing around with it trying to figure out how things work, and I am trying to write my account information to a CSV file. Here is the code I have: int start() {//---- int fnum = FileOpen("testMQ4.txt",FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE,"...
Hello! When I draw a trendline and switch to another timeframe then the trendline is gone. Even on the oroginal timeframe. I don't think it always was like that. I didn't change anything on the programm (at least not on purpose) I dont want to reinstall because of the many templates and custom...
When I open demo account in EUR, it does not show anywhere the account is in eur, and it behaves like is it in USD. What's wrong?
[Deleted]
  For russian guys  (5)
what does it mean?see the pic thanks
Been with this Forum for a while now and just want to thank each and every person who has posted a thread, be it a question, strategy, outlook or just sound advice. Thanks. What I am in need of is an indicator that will display in my main chart window, the level of a moving average . Even better if
  How to open 1 trade per bar  (36   1 2 3 4)
Hello, I was wondering if there is anyone kind enough to tell me how you would program an expert advisor to open one trade only per bar. What I mean for this is, I have programmed an expert advisor that opens a buy trade when the current MACD is greater than the previous MACD, but opens a trade
  Bars to read  (1)
How do I limit how many bars are read by EA? I want my indicators to have the same value as my demo account at fxgame.oanda. And also, what If there is an open position which is being controled by an EA with a trailing stop,what If someone turns off the computer while I am out?Does broker server...
Hello, I would like to know, whether it is planned to build in some sort of state-caching mechanism of indicators? I see no reason to recalculate whole loads of indicator output everytime i change a timeframe. With as much optimisation i could do on my indicator changing from 5 mins to 1 min...
I have a local variable called last_accessed and i use it in the global scope inside the EA. But now i want to use it as a global variable. Do i need to create another name for it or can i just access it with the same name e.g. GlobalVariableGet("last_accessed"). Also, how does the...
I am using Interbank Fx for trading. However I used some other Metatrader demo platform from Fxdd, ODL and Windsor Direct. Since last Metatrader update for Version 4.0 Build 203 I have been notified from McAfee Security Center that Metatrader as some trojan files, in terminal.exe and Metalang.exe...
  Auto Trading  (6)
Im new to Meta Trader and a little bit to Forex as my name implies. I was wondering about Grid trading and other auto trading scripts. If some of you could help me through this, id like to keep this thread open for discussions, to help me better understand how meta trader works and its usefulness...
Hello, Friends of TSD, This thread is dedicated to INDICATOR EXTREME SETTINGS. In HIGHER TIME FRAMES or LOWER TFs, these extreme settings can sometimes show interesting CONGRUENCE. An example can be seen in the DAILY chart of the GU that I attached. The picture shows Bollinger Bands set at...
  Millenium_21 EA  (9)
Dear All, I attach the back testing of my EA for 1 year. Look like good but please chek and give your opinion on result. This EA only tested in GBP-USD, EUR-USD, EUR-JPY, USD-JPY AND GBP-JPY. All work well and work best in GBP-JPY. Initial deposit 5000.00 Total net profit 200,986.23 Gross profit
Can someone please direct me to this indicator? It is on this forum but I cannot locate it. Thanks in advance. WNW FOUND! attached below
I am looking for an EA that when added to a chart will place a trade and manage the profit of the trade. Entry is manual. This is based off of finding an entry after a pair breaks a TL and retraces to a FIB level. Iam going to attach an image of a trade I took this week. This set-up is for manual...
New Tool : Volume , Selling / Buying Pressure .. honestly have some idea to distinguish the Selling/Buying Pressure on each bar .. and I really hopefully looks for a help to code it .. How we distinguish and seperate the UP-Ticks from DOWN-Ticks in order to measure the Selling/Buying Pressure on...
  Order Limit  (1)
Hello Everyone, Using "ordersend" I cannot figure out how to place a limit order at a price different from the default trade operation enumeration (OP_xxx). What if i want to place an order limit at the high of the previous bar or at the price of a moving average? Could you provide me with a quick...
Hi, I can set the indicator_level/horizontal line for an indicator window with e.g. #property indicator_level1 300 This line goes completely to the right axis. Is there a chance to shift this line to the left so that I have a little free space right at the right axis? Thanks
I want to open several lots at the same time in an EA, but each with a different takeprofit value. I had problems doing so and read in the forum that others have experienced that only one OrderSend will be processed at the time. I don't see how i can split orders later and modify the takeprofits...
When it comes to strategy testing, Build 203 is so pitifully slow it is not funny. Please do not come back and tell me it is something with my computer because - 1) I am not the only person complaining about this. 2) I run a New Precision WorkStation with 2XDual core CPU's with monolithic...
[Deleted]
  Multiple charts  (4)
Hi I am currently watching several currency pairs but only have one monitor. Instead of manually switiching between the charts, Is possible for Metatrader to switch between the charts display automatically (e.g.every 10 seconds or so), is there an indicator that can do this? or does metatrader...
i would like someone to help me build an expert advisor based on this accurate indicator...this indicator is old but i found it from a while i dont know if someone know it and give me an advice about it...its a signal indicator drawing arrows for buy and sell...so i would like the expert begin to...
Can someone explain what Point means in MT4/MQL? For example - in FX what would be the point value for EUR/USD? What about USD/JPY? Would it be .0001 for EUR and .01 for JPY? How about index futures? What would be a point for ES, ER2, YM? .25, .10, 1? Sorry I am trying to figure out exactly what it...
Which MT4 versions is the best, I dont believe that every update to the latest version will bring fix to the old version, sometimes it will drop certain function so what do you know about special advantage of older version. Also anybody know how much MT4 software cost for brokers, I wonder why so...
any one knowes abroker with dax in mt4 thanks
My script is giving me errors when I change accounts/reconnect. Then I tried IsConnect + a time delay everytime a Disconnect is encountered. It worked fine until I encountered another problem. Sometimes, switching between accounts would not change IsConnected()... Is there othere ways? Is
Hi, I am pretty new to FX, still virtual trading. Can anyone enlightened me what is DiNapoli and how it is used? There is this Joe DiNapoli seminar, dunno whether it is worth going?
Hello all, I search a way to make an indicator, that indicate an horizontal line of where the price was, at the level of open in london, and at the close of london. And if possible i want these lines could show the past days of the graph, in order to make visual backtest Thanks all,
Currently every Comment("text") goes to the upper left corner of the chart. I want it to print on the Indicator window instead so It wont eat up the precious location used by other indicator, script or ea.. Is it possible for Comment to print directly on the Indicator window instead of the chart...
May I delete all (huge) files in this folder C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\tester and its sub-folder ? Thanks.