General - page 1753

I have been up and running with automated trading with Metatrader 4 for about a year now, but I'm trying to figure out Oanda's API using c++ now and I just don't understand about half of what is in the code. wondering if anyone here knows how to take what I have in a mql4 program and turn it into a
Deleted due to lack of interest.
Has anybody coded an indicator that identifies narrow range days? For example, an NR7 day is a day in which the range is the narrowest out of the last 7 days. Does anybody have an indi like this?
Does anyone have an EA that places a trade when a PRICE LINE crosses a MOVING AVERAGE LINE? Thanks
Hi. Apparently simple question but I'm baffled. With Indicators, how do you prevent a Globally declared variable from being re-initialised when the user changes a setting? Also, why are Global variables NOT re-initialised in EA's??? I'm hoping there's a better option than having to save a single...
Hi Newsgroup, I have been using the attached Metatrader-Addon for a while in my personal live trading. Its a module, which will extract the daily news from the ForexFactory-Website. It provides your favourite EA an easy interface to access those news-data. Now you can decide how your EA should react...
[Deleted]
  Ranging Vs. Trending  (23   1 2 3)
Does anyone use 2 trading systems, one for when a market is ranging and one for when the market is trending? Also, when do you know or how do you evaluate when to switch from one system to the next? Since most of the time the markets range, I'm trying to learn how and when to go from one to the...
  T3,t5,t8  (1)
Hi, I am wondering if someone can create and indicator for all 3 of these averagesTim Tilson t3s). They are very useful. I am aware of T3 TRIX. I will pay And can someone make indicators for these two oscillators: StoRSI: Mov( ( RSI(8) - LLV( RSI(8) ,8 ) ) / ( ( HHV( RSI(8) ,8) ) - LLV(RSI(8)...
for example OrderClose. instead of closing the order in the EA I want it to run an external script that closes the order (by giving some parameters to it). In this case if the trade closes slowly it doesnt slow down the EA, it still executes on next tick but the script loops until the trade is
I have been using Metatrder 4 for some time now. The following is a list of changes (in order of importance ) I would like to see. 1. There is too large a jump in the zoom in/out. I would like to see the zoom increase/decrease about half what it is currently. 2. The chart bars are not filling the
  Profitable Forex Strategies  (51   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hello! Somebody know a profitable interday forex system? I tested a lot of, but the most isn't profitable for a long time. 95% of traders lose money, 5% make it and less than 1% become rich at Forex. The broker not just make a profit out of spread. If you open a long position the broker will open a...
Can anybody help? All I need to do is cancel a pending order if its counterpart is triggered. Example: BuyStop & SellStop placed. The Buy gets triggered, need to cancel the SellStop. I don't see why my code below doesn't work? Thanks if anyone can help. for(int z=OrdersTotal()-1;z>=0;z--) {...
  MT4 Won't Open  (1)
MetaQuotes, One of my computers has several MT4 platforms, from 3 different brokers. None of them will open today. When I double-click on an icon, I get the hour-glass for a while, then nothing. Windows Task Manager shows nothing. All my other programs work fine, but none of my MT4 platforms...
Hi This has happened twice now, I get this message There has been a critical error Time : 2007.04.05 05:03 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 203, 28 Mar 2007) Owner : MoneyTec LLC (StrategyBuilderFX - MetaTrader) OS : Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build...
  Gordago  (2)
I've been using this for a week now....any one try this? Is there any other EA builder software in existance?
Hi guys, I have searched this forum and other forums for an EA that will do the following (but I have not found one): As soon as I enter a sell or buy position, it will automatically apply a pre-defined Stop Loss, a pre-defined Trailing Stop, and a pre-defined Take Profit to the current open...
please have a look at this topic over at mq4.com "MQL4: MT4 Bug?? - iLowest function"
Slawa How to Close trade and Open new one at same Bar??? Example: Short trade is open already or TotalTrades=1 (OPEN SELL).At the begining of new bar there is signal for long trade.EA first close short trade and after that open long trade but at same BAR(for example M15). Please help??? Jeff
  Elliot Waves  (2)
Hi, do anybody know an elliot waves indikator? If not, perhaps anybody create it? I know an ew-oszillator but its not fine.
  Sam trades  (19   1 2)
Hello every One ive made this EA will u guys take a look @ the results and tell me what u think in this back test thx to all of you
First thing first, I am back to active trading after long breaks starting from January 2007 due to ill health and later bed sores. I have multiple sclerosis and that does trouble off and on. Anyways, our topic of discussion here is trading usd/jpy based on weekly charts. We do know that yen is...
  Need Help!  (12   1 2)
i need a code that would close only the buy position or the close position? i have multiple trades on this.. if (OrderType()==OP_BUY)){ OrderClose ( OrderTicket (), OrderLots (), Ask, 3, Yellow); } i use ticket before but it won't close? when i change the OrderTicker() to ticket but won't close...
  Sky DART  (28   1 2 3)
Hi all. Here is the EA for the SkyDART manual strategy. Firstly let just mention the people who got this done Waddah Attar - He coded the Waddah Attar Explosion Indicator that forms the base for the EA. SkyDart - He started the manual strategy and was driving the bus. MrPIP - He created the EA...
I need to allocate more than eight buffers/arrays which are always of the same size as the number of bars on the chart. However the number of indexbuffers is limited to no more than eight. Is there any other method to allocate more dynamic arrays whose sizes increase in syn with indexbuffers? -...
Hi, I wonder whether the market data show in MT4 is a global data or just a broker's, cause sometime I found the volume is only 4 or 2 sth ???
  Get Rich Or Die Trying  (22   1 2 3)
This thread is for high risk takers. If you have a system that can make large sum of money (like $million from $10k) in a short period of time but will be wiped out in one day, please post it here. Here is my reasons. Holy grail is too hard to be found. Let's say one have 50k to invest he can start
There is a bug with MarketInfo where a direct string is used - ie. MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD) OK MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_SPREAD) BUG (always returns 0)
  Horizontal Lines  (14   1 2)
the following code draws HLines at yesterday's close prices, but does not change the HLINE ever day, how can I fix it. I need to draw a HLINE indicating yesterday close price. thanks #property indicator_chart_window extern int DD=4; //--- decimal places extern int number_of_days = 50;...
  Bug with OrderSelect  (12   1 2)
This is a debugger for a problem with OrderSelect. It will place a BUY STOP and monitor if such an order exists or not. Upon placing the order, it will enter into a 30 seconds loop to check if the BuyTicket still exists. Initially it is True as it should be. But manually delete the order and this...