General - page 1716

I poked around the forum and came across the excellent SwissArmy EA. Is there any way that I can get my EA to access the SwissArmy EA and then use that information to process its own trades?
[Deleted]
Hi, Im looking at the daily candles. Is there a simple way of knowing (via code) what time of the day, the broker forms new daily candles? I know it varies by Broker.. Its prob obvious, and Im missing it..
If you don't get out at the right time it doesn't matter where you bought at. Interesting 90 minute video from Chuck LeBeau All about exits its interesting check it out when you get some time. And its a FREE VIDEO! INO TV: The premier online video learning platform for traders.
Hello, I was hoping for some guidance on coding that I can't seem to figure out. Simply put, I see the problem of being able to do addition but not being able translate that into multiplication. Here's the problem: I need to look for a specific pattern on the Force indicator over 3 different...
  Trend Direction  (3)
Here i will list the main trend direction on a daily basis or as the trend turns in the GBP/JPY, GBP/CHF and GBP/USD for my own trades.
  Volatile pairs  (6)
Dumb question for those who have been trading for more than 2 years live (automated or manual) What would you consider to be the top 10 most volatile pairs? Thanks!
UK gambler makes almost $2 million off $1 wager - Horse Racing - Yahoo! Sports Never say never!!
hi to all great memberz of forex-tsd for this thread i will share my strategy use EMA.... which the best time to open position or close position.. and how to maximize our profit using this EMA... hhrmmm, ok let's the 1st strategy by using EMA ( Exponential Moving Average ) 3EMa combination with...
Hello, is it possible to read a file from bottom to top, when yes how please. I just can read from top to bottom because on the bottom the file pointe is end and I dont knwo how to read it in other order, bottom to top, because at the bottom from the file there are the aktuallest informations.
Hi Traders I hope that your trading afford go ahead... Are you fed up with all trading gurus telling you that you need to predict future price behavior to survive in the market .... It's a lie ... the greatest myth that they want you to believe .... Fact is, you don't need to predict anything. To...
Hello All, I have this simple EA that just trades on the VQ indicator and exits with an Exit indicator which mostly works but...... Two questions; 1) The EA only trades/opens ONE order at a time for the currency it's on until the order is closed. What do I need to change so that the EA will open...
I'm new to the conceptual application of NN. Can one of you experienced gurus tell me what the major differences be if - I am training a NN to work with Moving Averages vs. Curve Fitting MA's to the same historical data? I am very new to this, and unfortunately I'm just not seeing the major
I've searched for several different terms with nothing returned, so does anybody know of an indicator which will either; Send an email when the price breaks the MA OR Send an SMS when the price breaks the MA Both would be cool, but SMS is first choice. Thanks in advance, Angel
I am posting what I think are great features - not necessities just niceties. #1. Have options to Left, Center or Right Align Objects. Sometimes, I want my Labels to be Right Aligned such that it is always on that same location regardless how I zoom in/out of the chart. #2. Add In-Chart buttons....
  Mp6140's Hedge  (121   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
One of our senior members, mp6140, has developed a hedging strategy specifically tailored for the GBPUSD pair. What started out from just one single hedge placed at a specific time of the day has now grown to seven full hedge slots per day. This thread is opened to discuss the hedging strategy as...
  Finally a REAL ECN MT4 broker?  (204   1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21)
Hello guys! Online forex trading|Mini accounts|Forex broker|Managed accounts I am trying the demo and I am impressed so far. They are IBs from IKON Global Market Inc, registered with the CFTC and member of the NFA. 0-2 spread on eur/usd and no commission. Minimum account size is only $500, I sent an...
1) How to get the current price value (shift=0) for the upper and lower rays in OBJ_CHANNEL object? Obviously, ObjectGetValueByShift(ChaName, 0) doesn't work in the case because it has no parameter for upper/lower selection. 2) The help window font is too small in Metaeditor in Vista. Font size...
I run 3 instances of MT4 with no problem, all located in different folders. Is there a way of each instance of MT4 accessing a common file folder, thus saving and loading templates from a common location? Currently I have to copy contents of a template folder to each MT4 directory, and want to...
basically - how to shift lable on macd to the right? -it don't wanna go easy way... ... string objname=WindowExpertName()+","+Symbol()+","+Period(); if(ObjectFind(objname)<0) ObjectCreate(objname,OBJ_TEXT, WindowFind(WindowExpertName()+" ("+FastEMA+","+SlowEMA+","+SignalSMA+")"),...
Dear All, I've connection problem by MetaTrader 4 through Microsoft ISA Server 2004 firewall. I want to know is there any specific configuration to apply in ISA Server to solve this problem? Urgent reply is highly appreciated. Best regards.
  STOCHASTIC RSI  (3)
Dear friends I want to install and use this indicator.do you have any link in relation to this indicator best regards
Hi everyone, When I create a new chart of any time period and apply the Parabolic SAR indicator to the chart, the indicator seems to be working for several periods but eventually appears to flatten out. Anyone ever seen this before? Thanks for any help.
Hi there, For a typical symbol (say GBPUSD) MODE_POINT = 0.0001 In the MT4 programming documentation it says that... MODE_SPREAD = Spread value in points. MODE_STOPLEVEL = Stop level in points. MODE_TICKSIZE = Tick size in points. With my brokers I typically see a value for MODE_SPREAD of 4
Hi there, I am creating some label objects on my charts but the text of the label appears to be truncated by MT to 63 characters. I have tried setting the OBJPROP_WIDTH property of the label object to say 100 but the label text is still truncated to 63 characters. Is there any way to display...
  Income Taxes - FOREX Traders  (24   1 2 3)
Does anyone know where there is a good, comprehensive, and trustworthy source of information on the preparation of US Federal Income Tax returns for gains or losses in Forex trading
Slawa We have heard nothing since July 2007 of when a multi-thread optimize capable MT4 will be released. Please do not suggest using multiple terminals and altering steps etc as I have already done this and it is a very poor archaic substitute not suited to complex EA's which require multiple...
Hi folks What is the value of an expert advisor?How do we put a value on an expert advisor?What is a good expert advisor? A good expert advisor is one with a drawdown of 50 % of the yearly pips it makes(averaged out over 3 years).It should have annual pippage of at least 700 pips and a drawdown...
I'm pulling my hair out and need some help. The attached EA is just a very simple one and is producing signals, but the orders are not being entered and NO ERRORS are showing up in the Journal. What it should do is every time the current price crosses UP or DOWN on the EMA 89 it would place an...
Here is a great tool to help you get experince faster, by trading on a simulated market. You can enter and exit trades like you would in a real market, so it gives you a more realistic feeling. You can speed it up, and slow it down as well. I have been able to practice trade a month in about 1...