General - page 1711

This to me is very strange as I am not interested sharing my source code and ex4 files.
Hi, does anyone have an indicator that highlights the market sessios by a shadow or lines asian/europian ..anyone please could help with that? thanks in advance
[Deleted]
I set my email alerts during the night to wake me up if a trade is setup. My alerts do not work for some reason when my computer sits for several hours. They work fine when I am on my computer. I have turned off hibernate, standby, and screen savers. Does anyone have experience with this problem ?...
look out for m5 candle today. i swear! this is the longest candle i ever seen!!
look out for m5 candle today. i swear! this is the longest candle i ever seen!!
I am wondering if someone could build and idicator that will plot the net pip value of up to 4 hedged pairs. Pair1( close - open) + Pair2 (close - open) = net pip value. I would like the results be plotted on a grid with a center line of zero,a top line 100 and bottom line = -100 I would like the...
SetIndexBuffer(6,ExtMapBuffer7); SetIndexStyle(6,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_DASH); Even with this above, the program still draws the MA as a solid line??? Can somebody enlighten me as to what is wrong with above??? Dave
Hello, I am new to MetaTrader and to the forums but I have been reading on this problem and cant seem to find the answer to my particular problem. I have tried enabling the "Use DDE Server" under the server tab. But when I open the DDE-sample xls file the cells turn from #N/A to N/A after a few...
Does anybody have or can somebody create me a utility indicator that displays the close value of a currency at the end of 23:00 GMT. I would like to use the value of the close to set my buy and sell stops with. Thanks if you would help me. Dave <<<
  Taking Profit!  (2)
Guy's & Gal's I am currently a scalping trader just before the European markets open. I have done well using my instincts. I have done some backtesting and I have found that if I had used a trailing stop I would increase my pips by 32.8735%. I am looking for a trailing Stop that I can set it to...
What's Your Greatest Trading Challenge ? I would like to start his first post by asking a question that I hope will benefit many people reading this. What is your greatest trading challenge.? To everyone reading this, it can bring many different thoughts to mind. But I think that if we can...
[Deleted]
As the price hits various defined targets I would like to close out x number of lots but only want this to occur one time at each level. i.e. Open buy position Price rises 30 pips above open -- Close one lot price then continues up to 60 PIPS above open -- Close one lot Then trade with a trailing
  Grid with values  (3)
Hello I am currecntly using this indicators. It simply just draws a box, so that I can trade the breakout of that box. What I would like is for it to display value of the horizontal lines as show in the pic. I manually added the white text. Preferbably I will be able to change the font size, colour...
On the website of Automated Trading Championship 2007, a new article by Rashid Umarov (Rosh), "Mathematics in Trading: How to Estimate Trade Results", has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2007/news/203/). A certain level of mathematical background is required of any trader, and this...
I am writing a little program in C# that is designed to get currency movement data from metatrader (via its DDE server), analyze that data, make a market prediction, and then send a request to metatrader to buy or sell a particular currency. I am having a little trouble having Metatrader place...
Please advise on how to use the history file (.hst) downloaded from your site for strategy testing. I would like to use by the minute data (M1) for 2005. Many thanks
I have been using MetaTrader for over 3 years now and I like it. But I am a bit upset/frustrated now. Could you help with the strategy tester? Or make that part Open Source so experienced programmers like myself can work on it and fix the bugs? I mean look at the results below (same data = data...
I get a crash when I try to open the metaeditor form the terminal application. There has been a critical error Time : 2007.08.12 11:59 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 208, 1 Aug 2007) Owner : MetaQuotes Software Corp. (MetaTrader) OS : Windows XP...
The "manual confirmation" kicks in when an OrderSend is executed, that I know. But does it also kick in when an OrderCloseBy is executed? And when an OrderModify is executed?
Please see the attached picture. Thanks!
Is there a simple EA that will execute a trade on a pairs price crossing an EMA or SMA? Thank you for your help!
[Deleted]
Hi All I need e-bullion and I will pay via paypal, can anyone supply me? PLease PM
  Hello all....  (5)
This is an EA I've been working on and I'm askin' advise how to decipher the report. I had a great drawdown -$1000+ using another strategy, but my EA saved the day... so far there are no losing trades using this EA I expect to hopefully see a few this week with the markets goin wild and such. After...
Buy at market GBP/USD @2.0116, Target 1 @2.0232, Target 2 @ 2.0325
[Deleted]
Has anybody already programming the Automate Trading EA yet? if you do, would you please give me the basic scripts or files had been already written. So that I can modify and add more functions of my own. very much appreciated
help me pliss how to make the daily open high low close from 1 minutes chart ?? pliss with Mq4
Good morning,I have a simple question...there is the possibility with metatrader mobile to save more charts with indicators for more type of change,as happen with metatrader 4? Thanks
Hi, I am in New Zealand. Vodafone run our GPRS/WAP enabled mobile phone system. How much data will I have to pay for if I run MT4 mobile? Are there some figures on how many MB/hour I am likely to run up. Thanks in advance.
Where can I find the list of the meaning of the strategy tester journal errors? For example number 1 or number 130.