General - page 1709

New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 216 has been released. What’s new: 1. Tester: Provided correct initialization/deinitialization of libraries used by the Expert Advisor under test, at repeated passes and at optimization. 2. Tester: Fixed the triggering of Sell Limit orders when tested by...
Hello Everyone I am new to Forex trading and have been reading a ton. One thing however. I am currently demo trading and trying to apply indicators. Unfortunately, I have find a Pivot Indicator and was wondering how I would go about applying indictors that I download to MT4? I should point out...
  EURGBP easy and profitable EA  (487   1 2 3 4 5 ... 48 49)
Hello guys! I trade the EURGBP only and I love this pair, especialy on the asian session. In the asian session it's very very simple to scalp the eurgbp, getting 5 to 15 pips per trade. I open this thread to discuss a profitable scalping method for EURGBP on asian session and I am 100% sure we can...
  What is FOREX?  (20   1 2)
What is FOREX? FOREX (FOReign EXchange market) is an international foreign exchange market, where money is sold and bought freely. In its present condition FOREX was launched in the 1970s, when free exchange rates were introduced, and only the participants of the market determine the price of one...
Does anyone knows where i can find a camarilla EA, not an indicator but a EA that would trade the camarilla values. Sorry about my english
Hello, is there any limit on number of installed custom indicators in order to see them all in navigator ? I have a great bunch of custom indicators but navigator won't show them all . It's still about 50 more that i can't see and in my case all custom indicators beginning T to Z can't be...
Is there anyone here that uses MT4 for institutional trading? How well is it working for you and which broker are you using. I've used MT4 for years, now I'm wondering how well it works in an institutional setting (ECN Feeds). I'm actually looking for a program/script that bridges MT4 and ECN...
Hello metaquotes I have been using and testing EA's for a long time and yet recently I seem to be having problems with the new versions of MT4. Perhaps there is a setting I am missing or an overflow occurring in one of the files. Please help. Example - Let us assume I have 6 months M1 data in MT4....
Do you suffer from this disease? Its called “Indicator Junkophitis”. A closely related disease is called “Expert Advisor Junkophitis” Symptoms include: Navigator window of Metatrader platform contains minimum 500 indicators and you don’t know what 95% are or how to use them God-like worship of...
Hello, I want to add minor murrey lines inside each major murrey level (or at least a 4/8 line). Is there an indicator that does this? if not, could someone please give me an example code and where to place it. I'm looking for specifically for murrey lines and not pivot points. Thanks! tom
Any scripts to close all open positions in the same time?
Say I want to maximize my capital & time in the same account by having more than one EA attached but I do not want more than one to run which might blow up my account, is there a way to do it? Otherwise the account is just sitting there, waiting for only one EA signal to occur. Once that EA has...
Hello I have been using and testing EA's for a long time and yet recently I seem to be having problems with the new versions of MT4. Perhaps there is a setting I am missing or an overflow occurring in one of the files. Please help. Example - Let us assume I have 6 months M1 data in MT4. Normally...
Attached are my conversions of the MT3 EAs. Everything is the same, except that the EAs will trade the lots you set only, and not trade 1 Lot, then 3 Lots for example, as the MT3 (default) EAs do - I think this distorts the results. You need to put the DayImpuls.mq4 in your Inicators folder for the
  Analytical Blog  (3)
the source of info:PoltekFX Analytics » Blog Archive » Review of FOREX 16.04.08 USD American currency is still traded in the sideward trend, but taking into account the great importance of today's data as well as strong state of consolidation, we can expect sharp change in prices towards both a...
I can't believe theres a function to do screenshots. I have an indicator that does this and puts it in the files folder. What I would really like to do is be able to have the sendmail function take the generated screenshot and be able into include it as an attachment. Is this possible? Anyone...
  EA question  (4)
I am using the Hull Moving average EA, and does my broker's program need to be on for it to work? If it does not, does my computer need to be on for it to work
[Deleted]
  Wanted  (10)
i am currently putting a trend following trading system togeather to share with this forum, so that we can all improve it. i am currently getting good results with it i am just trying to fine tune it. i am realatively new to forex but have been trading stocks with Tech analysis for years. sofar the...
New MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 215 has been released. What’s new: 1. MQL4: Fixed error of constant string concatenation (Expert Advisors and scripts compiled in build 213 must be recompiled). 2. MQL4: Fixed error of the reinitialization of global and static variables of MQL4-libraries. 3...
Hi, I am trying to pass arrays between function calls in my EA. Here is the structure for my program. I have the following files. Helper.mq4 void writeLog(string[] orderLog){ orderLog[0] = "Text1"; orderLog[1] = "Text2"; orderLog[2] = "Text3";} Helper.mqh void writeLog(string[] orderLog); EA...
Since the beginning of the Mt4 the indicator buffer's line width will not get initialized in the indicator's separate window after recompiling. I must select property window and click OK to have width initialized. Am I doing something wrong? It is annoying because it slows down my development on...
Hello, Sorry for my english. I'm radzee, trading with fxcm and alpari broker, i would like to share my system for building an ea for my trading technique. My trading technique shows below: 1. Trading Currency EUR/USD 2. Rules: a. $1000 for 0.01 lot b. $2000 for 0.02 lot and so on... c. $10,000 for 0...
  Currency Heat-map EA  (156   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
Hello Al here, Need help to modify the following code line for mt4. this is a line that buys when all of the different 13 indicators are pointing up, I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE IT SO IT BUYS WHEN 9 OUT OF 13 ARE POINTING UP, DONT CARE WHICH ONES, JUST 9 OUT OF 13, THATS ALL: if (Buy1_1 > Buy1_2 &&...
Does anyone know if it is possible to embed indices and shares and commodities in MT4? I mean the platform is godlike, but I would like to know if it would be possible to put those in so that I can use it for my forecasts. Not to trade, but for forecasting this software beats anything. Anyone know...
Many have wondered if there are any relations between the three of them, and they do have an impact on one another on a larger scale than many other things related to each other in the global markets. 1) Basically, Gold is an inflation Hedge. If inflation of any country ( Mostly Look at developed...
  TD Sequences  (1)
New to Metaquotes Question - Is it possible to create charts programmatically using Metaquotes to display the numeric numbers (1,2,3,4,5 etc) on Bars in charts like those created in Tradestation for the Tom Demark Sequences? Like in this example chart - http://www.ensignsoftware...
Hi, I have intermittently seen problems with the terminal.exe process. There are times when my custom indicators works when dragged onto a chart. Then there are times when the CPU spikes to 98% as soon as I drag the custom indicator to the chart (without making any changes to it). Once the CPU...
  Lil Buddy  (8)
This is a little expert advisor I thought of while I was looking at various configurations. It uses stochastic crosses and one moving average as the filter. The stochastics and moving average periods are all adjustable. Lil Buddy v0.51 Timeframe: 15 min or longer Pair: ANY Stock Setting: EMA 20 &